Astral Projection questions.

OH I see so I should just ignore this quote from you?

I've had that happen a few times and it is pretty scary, especially if you're just awaking from a nightmare and it happens. Then you're really fucking scared

I enjoy it, terror, which is why I'm seeking to re-live it. It's not non-existent for anybody, but that doesn't mean that you cannot enjoy it or, a phrase of yours, take it with a grain of salt.

Fear is a thrill if you harnass it correctly.

Last edited:

I've had that happen a few times and it is pretty scary, especially if you're just awaking from a nightmare and it happens. Then you're really fucking scared

I enjoy it, terror, which is why I'm seeking to re-live it. It's not non-existend for anybody but that doesn't mean that you cannot enjoy it or, a phrase of yours, take it with a grain of salt.

so you want to dabble in areas that others believe is dangerous, frightening, or evil right?

You stated you think that you AT or has sleep paralysis so this intrigued you to do more right? I think you expect your conscious mind to know what the subconscious is doing. I have no idea but if you figure it out, please post about it. I'm curious on all matters. I'm a big skeptic but open.

I enjoy it, terror, which is why I'm seeking to re-live it. It's not non-existend for anybody but that doesn't mean that you cannot enjoy it or, a phrase of yours, take it with a grain of salt.

so you want to dabble in areas that others believe is dangerous, frightening, or evil right?

You stated you think that you AT or has sleep paralysis so this intrigued you to do more right? I think you expect your conscious mind to know what the subconscious is doing. I have no idea but if you figure it out, please post about it. I'm curious on all matters. I'm a big skeptic but open.

I'm going into this as a skeptic. We'll see. Monaural and binaural tones seem like a decent way to induce, best I've read thus far.

Look, I'm just looking to AT and watch nekked ladies. Duh!!~

Playing. But I'm definitely going to log my adventures. :razz:

I'm going into this as a skeptic. We'll see. Monaural and binaural tones seem like a decent way to induce, best I've read thus far.

Look, I'm just looking to AT and watch nekked ladies. Duh!!~

Playing. But I'm definitely going to log my adventures. :razz:
This subject does fascinates me to a certain extent only because the mind a mystery. Like reading a great mystery novel! I love to hear about other experiences. I never laugh at anyone experience for they are real to each person experiencing them.

Vivid dreaming is very strong too, GT. Probably much easier to do then to AT. Some of those vivid dreams are so real you swear you lived them. The trick is to wake up and write it all down because if you don't, your mind will change the dream.

Oh, I'll definitely be employing your trick of writing down dreams as soon as I wake up now. I look forward to remembering. My problem with the lucid dream thing is that my lucid dreams never revealed much to me except that I love sex and uhh, I also enjoy Basketball and Fighting.

I'm looking for something deeper than that. I'm trying to enhance my idea of "what if," instead of being OVERLY skeptic and allowing some unknowns to be explored further instead of dismissed due to low probability.

Supposedly, now** that the particle collider is up and running, time travelers are here from the future if backward time travel is ever at all possible.

Last edited:
You know, when I was in the Navy, I was a Drug and Alcohol Program Advisor. I was required to know about mind altering substances.

Now, when I retired from the military, I started to look into several things, one of which was shamans and oracles.

One thing that I discovered.....those that were able to "see" into the future were generally those who were astrally projecting themselves there. I started to see what all of them had in common to induce these states.

It was mind altering substances.

The Oracle at Delphi sat in a cave close to a volcanic fissure. They've discovered that those fissures had gases exiting from them that induced a psychotropic state, which is what the Oracle used to generate her prophecies.

I then looked at other places, and remembered something that I'd learned about the founder of AA, Mr. Bill Wilson. It seems that he'd discovered that the only way to cure alcoholism was to induce what he called a "spiritual experience", which resulted in a profound change in attitude and outlook. In the 1960's, he heard of the work being done by Timothy Leary with LSD, as well as the effects, and to him it sounded like what he'd been doing with the 12 Steps.

He (Bill Wilson) dropped acid 3-4 times.

I then started to look at the shaman of various tribes, and found that they did psychotropic substances as well. The Native Americans used peyote, psycilocybin and cannabis, the South American tribes used Salvia Divinorum (diviner's sage), and Ayahusca (a combination of seeds and barks from various plants), African tribes used Dagga and Yopo, and the Siberian shaman used Amantia Muscaria, which is the mushroom referred to in Alice in Wonderland.

Bottom line? All were using some type of substance to induce hallucinations so that they could pass through the barrier between reality (this dimension), and the spirit realm (the other dimension).

Additionally, not all people need to utilize substances to achieve this state. With enough practice at meditation (usually takes years to achieve), you can do the same thing sitting zazen. Incidentally, Native American shaman paid attention to people that they believed were continually in between this realm and the spirit one. It was their insane and crazy people.

Which, is why if anyone is thinking of taking substances that can alter their perception of reality, they should REALLY research things first. They might open up a gateway into a place they don't want to be.

Same thing with astral projection. Incidentally, as a protection device for when you learn to do that? I'd recommend a bracelet made of turquoise, onyx and hematite. Google the myths attached to each of those stones and you'll see why.

Oh, I'll definitely be employing your trick of writing down dreams as soon as I wake up now. I look forward to remembering. My problem with the lucid dream thing is that my lucid dreams never revealed much to me except that I love sex and uhh, I also enjoy Basketball and Fighting.

I'm looking for something deeper than that. I'm trying to enhance my idea of "what if," instead of being OVERLY skeptic and allowing some unknowns to be explored further instead of dismissed due to low probability.
GT, I'm no expert but I would venture to guess that the lucid dreaming is your subconscious in control.

You know, when I was in the Navy, I was a Drug and Alcohol Program Advisor. I was required to know about mind altering substances.

Now, when I retired from the military, I started to look into several things, one of which was shamans and oracles.

One thing that I discovered.....those that were able to "see" into the future were generally those who were astrally projecting themselves there. I started to see what all of them had in common to induce these states.

The Oracle at Delphi sat in a cave close to a volcanic fissure. They've discovered that those fissures had gases exiting from them that induced a psychotropic state, which is what the Oracle used to generate her prophecies.

I then looked at other places, and remembered something that I'd learned about the founder of AA, Mr. Bill Wilson. It seems that he'd discovered that the only way to cure alcoholism was to induce what he called a "spiritual experience", which resulted in a profound change in attitude and outlook. In the 1960's, he heard of the work being done by Timothy Leary with LSD, as well as the effects, and to him it sounded like what he'd been doing with the 12 Steps.

I then started to look at the shaman of various tribes, and found that they did psychotropic substances as well. The Native Americans used peyote, psycilocybin and cannabis, the South American tribes used Salvia Divinorum (diviner's sage), and Ayahusca (a combination of seeds and barks from various plants), African tribes used Dagga and Yopo, and the Siberian shaman used Amantia Muscaria, which is the mushroom referred to in Alice in Wonderland.

Bottom line? All were using some type of substance to induce hallucinations so that they could pass through the barrier between reality (this dimension), and the spirit realm (the other dimension).

Additionally, not all people need to utilize substances to achieve this state. With enough practice at meditation (usually takes years to achieve), you can do the same thing sitting zazen. Incidentally, Native American shaman paid attention to people that they believed were continually in between this realm and the spirit one. It was their insane and crazy people.

Which, is why if anyone is thinking of taking substances that can alter their perception of reality, they should REALLY research things first. They might open up a gateway into a place they don't want to be.

Same thing with astral projection. Incidentally, as a protection device for when you learn to do that? I'd recommend a bracelet made of turquoise, onyx and hematite. Google the myths attached to each of those stones and you'll see why.

Ok,

Now from a skeptic's vantage point: If the common denominator was hallucinogens; then, it stands to reason that the experiences were hallucinations and not actual experiences inside of truly existing altered realities or dimensions.

I am on a quest to find out for myself; however, will not do-so with drugs.

ETA: I clicked edit to fix a typo and also thank you for that wealth of information, I actually do appreciate it.

Last edited:
GT, I'm no expert but I would venture to guess that the lucid dreaming is your subconscious in control.

We may as well call it that but it doesn't change the research or reveal anything, unless there's something I'm missing from what you're saying?

I didn't do drugs unless I got a contact high off of soap detergent.

I do not meditate, will not do that...but I can say the times I did have very lucid dreams in the past was when I was emotionally exhausted or was in deep prayer before falling asleep.

I do not meditate, will not do that...but I can say the times I did have very lucid dreams in the past was when I was emotionally exhausted or was in deep prayer before falling asleep.

I once played a 3 on 3 basketball game in front of a giant crowd. There was a lot of shit talking going on beforehand at school and on instant messenger, and it was $100 a man.

This was the only time I tried meditation.

I sat in the middle of the Court when everyone else was loosening up, and I thought about an abandoned beach for 5 minutes straight.

I then stood up, whooped ass, and went to the mall with their money. :lol:

True story.

Have you AT before or attempt it? Lucid dreams? What is your theory?

Interestingly enough, those substances named (with the exception of LSD and cannabis) are all LEGAL THINGS.

They're not drugs, they're plants. Incidentally, when you check into the preparation of most of the shamanistic substances, they DO NOT refine the plant, as they try to keep it as natural as possible.

I then looked at something else. If it's man made or refined, it's a "drug". If it is not refined, or very close to it's original state, it's a plant.

Plants are not drugs.

Peyote incidentally is allowed to be taken by certain tribes to this day, even if you're in the military (they make a special allowance once a year for any Native Americans). Cannabis, although considered to be one by the US (it was made illegal by H.P. Anslinger for racist reasons by the way), is not a drug either.

Cocoa leaves incidentally are not drugs either. They're plants, and, when consumed at high elevation, have a beneficial effect on the body, which allows it to work at altitude and remain alert. Additionally, you CANNOT BECOME ADDICTED to chewing cocoa leaves.

However..........remove all the chlorophyll, and leave just the active ingredient of the cocaine? Well.......now all the safety valves and pressure releases have been removed and it's become a drug. Think of it like removing the safety valves and pressure releases on your hot water heater, and then starting it up.

It explodes.

Same thing happens to your heart by the way when you do cocaine.

If you're interested in actually seeing what the shaman saw in the spirit realm? I'd recommend looking into diviner's sage.

Forum List

Back