Astral Projection questions.

Interesting. wow.

My experience with sleep paralysis was profoundly weird to me. I was having a nightmare about spirits I guess, and I woke up and heard noises in my bedroom like bags moving, droors moving, and I was awake looking around but couldn't move my arms, legs or anything, and so it was absolute terror.

I thought for sure it was a real experience, with demons or something, until I read about sleep paralysis and discovered that that's what it was; however, the noises are inexplicable because I was indeed awake and heard them, or at least I thought I was awake. My eyes were open and brain was functioning, I just couldn't move at all and was terrified.

Being terrified did that wake you up fully?

Well, it was about a full 30 seconds before I could move my arms or my legs or anything. I was mentally trying to "make" them move but it wasn't happening, which brought on more terror....then towards the 30-second mark the body began to work. It was pretty fucked up, but I'm glad to find out it's a real thing and not some spook shit.

Being terrified did that wake you up fully?

Well, it was about a full 30 seconds before I could move my arms or my legs or anything. I was mentally trying to "make" them move but it wasn't happening, which brought on more terror....then towards the 30-second mark the body began to work. It was pretty fucked up, but I'm glad to find out it's a real thing and not some spook shit.
no spook stuff, you were between consciousness. I'm no expert in this area but have read a lot about it. From what I've read people can train themselves to do this often but I wouldn't recommend it. Most are able to astral travel by training with the instructions I posted below but most people it will take months of following those directions and training your subconscious to not freak out or wake themselves up. I've also heard people who have said they done this often to when you are floating around to not look into any mirrors. Sounds all spooky and stuff but they said it is a door.

I use to get frustrated because I couldn't remember all my dreams so, I started to keep a note pad and pen on my nightstand. Before I went to sleep I would tell myself to "remember my dream" After a few weeks I was able to wake up, write them down, and go back to sleep. I think doing this is what caused my astral travel that I experienced.

The subconscious can play many tricks also, therefore I think the science and skepticism about this topic both have merits.

If you tell your mind before you go to sleep that you will visit, lets say (someplace you've never seen pictures or otherwise) you just might be able to give yourself some validity to whether astral travel is real or just something the subconscious tricks you to think.

Some believe that while sleeping our subconscious takes over to basically give us food in order to deal with whatever is going on in our mind at that time. Something like that.

no spook stuff, you were between consciousness. I'm no expert in this area but have read a lot about it. From what I've read people can train themselves to do this often but I wouldn't recommend it. Most are able to astral travel by training with the instructions I posted below but most people it will take months of following those directions and training your subconscious to not freak out or wake themselves up. I've also heard people who have said they done this often to when you are floating around to not look into any mirrors. Sounds all spooky and stuff but they said it is a door.

I use to get frustrated because I couldn't remember all my dreams so, I started to keep a note pad and pen on my nightstand. Before I went to sleep I would tell myself to "remember my dream" After a few weeks I was able to wake up, write them down, and go back to sleep. I think doing this is what caused my astral travel that I experienced.

The subconscious can play many tricks also, therefore I think the science and skepticism about this topic both have merits.

If you tell your mind before you go to sleep that you will visit, lets say (someplace you've never seen pictures or otherwise) you just might be able to give yourself some validity to whether astral travel is real or just something the subconscious tricks you to think.

Some believe that while sleeping our subconscious takes over to basically give us food in order to deal with whatever is going on in our mind at that time. Something like that.

Where are the instructions? Write down my dreams and that is all?

Expand on this mirrors thing, it made my eyebrow rise a titty bit.

Please paraphrase what this is, and how to even do it?>

People swear that it's real, just help me out with it. Tell me what it is exactly, and share stories if you've got them................tell me how to do it on-purpose.:razz:
Set your alarm for 4 o'clock in the morning.

Allow yourself to drift asleep.

At four in the morning, the alarm will wake you. Get out of bed turn on the light, and splash water on your face. Dry your face with a towel.

After about two minutes, get back in bed. Lie on your back.

You will most likely be feeling groggy and tired. Your mind will be eager to get back to sleep.

Close your eyes, and clear your mind. This should be easy because you are so tired.

Now, imagine you are standing somewhere in your room. Perhaps in the far corner. Vividly see yourself standing there. Know that you are standing there, and that your body is still lying on the bed. Focus your whole mind on this concept.

While working on that, begin a simple affirmation in your head. "I am going to astral travel. I am going to leave my body." Say it in your head, over and over, while imagining you are on the other side of the room.

While you are doing this, you will begin to drift back to sleep. Slowly, your mind will begin to cloud. Make sure that the concept of standing elsewhere in your room is the last thing that goes through your mind before you are asleep.

You may experience one or more of the following sensations:

- Floating
- Sinking
- Vibrations
- A bright white/blue light
- A rushing or popping sound
- Strange noises; someone calling your name
- A jolt

Once you have done this many times people were able to actually go overseas and visit someplace or thing. So I have heard.

Sleep Paralysis is a close component to Astral Travel.
Above is the instructions to be able to astral travel.

They say don't look into mirrors because it is a door, it could be a great experience or a very dark experience. I am only going off of what others have stated about their experience. Some think that door is a different dimension but I have zero idea about that but on some blog I read years ago several people were discussing their bad and good experiences then some guru warned them all not to even attempt to look into a mirror. *shrugs*

I never ty and force the issue with these things. The mind is not something to screw around with you know.

I've had serious vivid dreams, some of them precognitive. I've had twice actual what they call "remote viewing" I have no idea how or why on that one. They both happened in the middle of the day, while I was cleaning, it just happened. It was like watching a video but the view was like looking through a peep-hole.

I tried to make sense of it all but I cannot on a lot of it for the subconscious is very powerful. I know things have happened that I cannot explain but I know there has to be a scientific reason. I ended up having a really bad experience when I tried meditate in order to experience more and to try and harness it. After that bad experience I just stopped ALL. If it happens it happens but I'll be damn if I do anything that will bring it on.

I didn't see that post before. Holy shit. Alright, reading...........

very few people are able to do this on the first 20 attempts. Just like myself when I wanted to remember my dreams. I just kept telling myself to wake up to remember my dreams. I do know that was the last thing I was thinking before falling asleep. I have astral traveled before because of this but woke up pretty fast. I didn't want to experience this but rather just remember my dreams. It took me about a month to start to wake up remembering my dreams.

People swear that it's real, just help me out with it. Tell me what it is exactly, and share stories if you've got them................tell me how to do it on-purpose.:razz:

At four in the morning, the alarm will wake you. Get out of bed turn on the light, and splash water on your face. Dry your face with a towel.

You will most likely be feeling groggy and tired. Your mind will be eager to get back to sleep.

Close your eyes, and clear your mind. This should be easy because you are so tired.

Now, imagine you are standing somewhere in your room. Perhaps in the far corner. Vividly see yourself standing there. Know that you are standing there, and that your body is still lying on the bed. Focus your whole mind on this concept.

While working on that, begin a simple affirmation in your head. "I am going to astral travel. I am going to leave my body." Say it in your head, over and over, while imagining you are on the other side of the room.

While you are doing this, you will begin to drift back to sleep. Slowly, your mind will begin to cloud. Make sure that the concept of standing elsewhere in your room is the last thing that goes through your mind before you are asleep.

- Floating
- Sinking
- Vibrations
- A jolt

Once you have done this many times people were able to actually go overseas and visit someplace or thing. So I have heard.

They say don't look into mirrors because it is a door, it could be a great experience or a very dark experience. I am only going off of what others have stated about their experience. Some think that door is a different dimension but I have zero idea about that but on some blog I read years ago several people were discussing their bad and good experiences then some guru warned them all not to even attempt to look into a mirror. *shrugs*

I never ty and force the issue with these things. The mind is not something to screw around with you know.

I've had serious vivid dreams, some of them precognitive. I've had twice actual what they call "remote viewing" I have no idea how or why on that one. They both happened in the middle of the day, while I was cleaning, it just happened. It was like watching a video but the view was like looking through a peep-hole.

I tried to make sense of it all but I cannot on a lot of it for the subconscious is very powerful. I know things have happened that I cannot explain but I know there has to be a scientific reason. I ended up having a really bad experience when I tried meditate in order to experience more and to try and harness it. After that bad experience I just stopped ALL. If it happens it happens but I'll be damn if I do anything that will bring it on.

When I'm thinking of myself standing in the corner, should I be looking (in my imagination) at the self in the corner, or the self on the bed?

When you say something happened when you were vacuuming, do you mean these experiences manifested themselves in the non-sleep, non-tired world onto you?

The first thing I'll do if I'm lucky enough to achieve this experience is look directly into the mirror at the foot of my bed.

very few people are able to do this on the first 20 attempts. Just like myself when I wanted to remember my dreams. I just kept telling myself to wake up to remember my dreams. I do know that was the last thing I was thinking before falling asleep. I have astral traveled before because of this but woke up pretty fast. I didn't want to experience this but rather just remember my dreams. It took me about a month to start to wake up remembering my dreams.

When you astral travel, are you controlling where you go? If not, it could perhaps be just another vivid dream in and of itself no?

- Floating
- Sinking
- Vibrations
- A jolt

When I'm thinking of myself standing in the corner, should I be looking (in my imagination) at the self in the corner, or the self on the bed?

When you say something happened when you were vacuuming, do you mean these experiences manifested themselves in the non-sleep, non-tired world onto you?

The first thing I'll do if I'm lucky enough to achieve this experience is look directly into the mirror at the foot of my bed.

You are laying there in bed, you know you are in bed, but you are projecting your imagination seeing yourself in the corner. You know you are in bed but you are imagining you are standing in the corner.

I have no idea GT, I use to have a lot of precog dreams and vivid dreams, but I gave up on all that trying to remember for years so now they only happen once in a while. I wasn't thinking of anything at the time. Actually I was thinking, I have to strip the bed to clean the sheets at the time. Then I just started seeing something, at first shocked but knew to calm down fast and watch. I sat on the edge of my bed and watched. I wanted to know where it was, so I remember while watching I was trying to pan out or left and right so I can see a street sign or something. This is how I knew I was seeing like if looking through a peep-hole. I saw just enough but not enough. When I tried to meditate to see more, is when I had the really bad experience.

GT, I don't understand a lot of my experiences at all! This happened 3 years ago. I saw something, saw 2 people, 2 cars, a road, and stuff in the area. I had no idea what I was seeing. Then 3 days later the news broke about this missing woman, they showed a picture of her husband on TV and I flipped out. I knew it was him who I saw. I contacted the family, they asked me to learn more because what I told them hit a cord. I tried, and got a super bad experience so I stopped. I told the family I couldn't do it but if I saw anything else I would contact them. They then asked me about another case. I was kind but knew I wasn't going to do anything to try to learn more. Well, trying my best to forget it, and consciously I thought I did. Then I had another viewing out of the blue, this time while doing dishes. I contacted them and told them what I saw...and they validated to me what I saw was on the mark. I freaked out and gave up for my bad experience told me to back off.

This all sounds crazy and I'm not...I know the subconscious is something that is powerful and could be explained if given enough effort but I just don't want to even try anymore.

I only want to warn others when they want to dabble in this stuff to be very careful and know that they are dealing with some serious uncharted territory. Basically, this is your WARNING!:lol:

When you astral travel, are you controlling where you go? If not, it could perhaps be just another vivid dream in and of itself no?
This is what I think astral travel is, but people swear they have been to places and seen things they have never been or seen a picture but I have to question that maybe they did see a picture but they don't recall. Then again, scientist did do a lot of studies on this. I think during WW2, our military wanted to be able to see enemy's strategic areas. Their test showed that people could see places where they have never been or seen before. This is why I'm stuck on belief or not. This day, I don't care. Even if my experience to me is real, others will think it isn't so why even bother.

People that said they do AS stated at first it was the corner of their room, then once they knew how to do it and could, then would go outside their house, and each time they traveled further even into peoples houses and stuff. If two people successfully AS together, living on opposite sides of the Country it is said that they can see each other and speak to each other.

Of course I'm typing most of what I have read, about AS. I have no idea if these were all fruit cakes or what.

And here I sit, listening to your stories, and believing them.

I just did some research, I found a couple of sources that say that staring into the mirror at yourself while clearing your mind for an extended period of time is a way to induce an out of body experience.

It says that your mind recognizes the body it's seeing less and less until your conscious self is able to release from your physical self.

The implications if this is real are remarkable. What's it feel like to go back into your body? Is it like waking up?(could have been a dream).

What if you don't go back? What "keeps" the connection, afterall, between your body and your consciousness?

I don't think there's science backing this up, as you say; however. I believe it would be much more mainstream if they had conducted experiments and verified that you can travel outside of your body. I sort of have to doubt that they've verified this scientifically.

First.. don't do it. If you ignore that warning then at least prepare yourself for what you may encounter in your out of body experience. In your travels stay away from anything that is not white, silver, blue, gold or green. Anything that tries to contact you especially by your name must be regarded as hostile until you are absolutely sure it is not. If you cannot see it..ignore it. If you follow anything no matter how enticing in yellow(not to be confused with gold),red, orange ,black, or purple you do so at your own peril. Many people do not come back. They are warehoused in insane asylums. Astral travel is real. If you can learn to control your dreams you can do it.

Here is a Huggy quote from the past...relating to AT "If you can dream one thing...You can dream any thing"

Last edited:
And here I sit, listening to your stories, and believing them.

I just did some research, I found a couple of sources that say that staring into the mirror at yourself while clearing your mind for an extended period of time is a way to induce an out of body experience.

It says that your mind recognizes the body it's seeing less and less until your conscious self is able to release from your physical self.

The implications if this is real are remarkable. What's it feel like to go back into your body? Is it like waking up?(could have been a dream).

What if you don't go back? What "keeps" the connection, afterall, between your body and your consciousness?

I don't think there's science backing this up, as you say; however. I believe it would be much more mainstream if they had conducted experiments and verified that you can travel outside of your body. I sort of have to doubt that they've verified this scientifically.
I meant there was a study on remote viewing Remote viewing - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Now I can only go off on remote viewing and my experience, AS well I can really only go off of others that spoke about it. The experience I had I think could be vivid dreaming for all I know.

I have never tried to AS on purpose, and I won't dabble in it either. I'm a religious person (non fanatic) Any cult or something that talks about "Self" in the physic world is off limits to me. If it happens there is nothing I can do, and when it did I use to want to know more, see more, use it to help. Not anymore...I try hard to tune most of it out. I still get little things but if it isn't directly related to me, I don't give it a second thought.

I told you what I heard others write about not my experience with AS. Like me take it with a grain of salt what others say.

I think there are many if not most all on the TV that supposedly are physic are frauds. I know I saw something, I know it was enough to have been validated on what I saw. It was before the actual first news report, it was out of state, and a state I never been in, and I saw what I saw. I cannot convince you or anyone and I should have never even spoke about it.

As far as AT again, I just wrote a brief on all I read of others experiences.

First.. don't do it. If you ignore that warning then at least prepare yourself for what you may encounter in your out of body experience. In your travels stay away from anything that is not white, silver, blue, gold or green. Anything that tries to contact you especially by your name must be regarded as hostile until you are absolutely sure it is not. If you cannot see it..ignore it. If you follow anything no matter how enticing in yellow(not to be confused with gold),red, orange ,black, or purple you do so at your own peril. Many people do not come back. They are warehoused in insane asylums. Astral travel is real. If you can learn to control your dreams you can do it.

Here is a Huggy quote from the past...relating to AT "If you can dream one thing...You can dream any thing"
Oh hush :lol:

Forum List

Back