Asteroid fly-by today 4/19/2017

The only thing that anyone on the Earth can do is "brace for impact!"

And that is what the dinosaurs had! I'd hope we could do better but it would take a military and a people supporting such to make it possible.
Not the military, just NASA and, of course Congress. Too bad the Democrats gutted our space program to buy cheese for the poor.
Two bad the GOP spent trillions on a pair of useless wars in the Mideast. That would have funded both food for the poor and the space program.

Which proves once again that one can not not escape the climate change denier conspiracy nuts, even on a forum about asteroids....

/---- Here ya go Sparky. Just like I said: Meteor and Asteroid Strikes as Causes of Climate Change. Most meteors and asteroids burn up in the earth's atmosphere incinerating all or most of the incoming material before reaching the Earth's surface. When a very large body collides with the Earth it can cause huge destruction and change global climate.
Meteorite and Asteroid Strikes as Causes of Climate Changes

I think that I have gotten down to the root of your problem. You seem to have a form of dyslexia. Your post #39 is about blaming climate change [sic] for asteroid strikes, while your post #44 attempts to blame asteroids for climate change. However, given time and motivation, I am sure that you can connect the dots and blame both on Al Gore.
/--- Here ya go Pumkin: CNN Anchor Asks Bill Nye If Global Warming Had Anything To Do With A Near-Earth Asteroid. “We want to bring in our science guy, Bill Nye, and talk about something else that’s falling from the sky, and that is an asteroid,” said Feyerick. “What’s coming our way? Is this the effect of, perhaps, global warming? Or is this just some meteoric occasion?”
Dumb fuck, first you said global warming causes impacts, now you want to change that to the opposite. You first statement was idiotic, and your second a dishonest defense of your first.

Which proves once again that one can not not escape the climate change denier conspiracy nuts, even on a forum about asteroids....

/---- Here ya go Sparky. Just like I said: Meteor and Asteroid Strikes as Causes of Climate Change. Most meteors and asteroids burn up in the earth's atmosphere incinerating all or most of the incoming material before reaching the Earth's surface. When a very large body collides with the Earth it can cause huge destruction and change global climate.
Meteorite and Asteroid Strikes as Causes of Climate Changes

I think that I have gotten down to the root of your problem. You seem to have a form of dyslexia. Your post #39 is about blaming climate change [sic] for asteroid strikes, while your post #44 attempts to blame asteroids for climate change. However, given time and motivation, I am sure that you can connect the dots and blame both on Al Gore.
/--- Here ya go Pumkin: CNN Anchor Asks Bill Nye If Global Warming Had Anything To Do With A Near-Earth Asteroid. “We want to bring in our science guy, Bill Nye, and talk about something else that’s falling from the sky, and that is an asteroid,” said Feyerick. “What’s coming our way? Is this the effect of, perhaps, global warming? Or is this just some meteoric occasion?”
Dumb fuck, first you said global warming causes impacts, now you want to change that to the opposite. You first statement was idiotic, and your second a dishonest defense of your first.
Here is an avatar for you Old Rocks .

I did the work for you.

OLD ROCKS.jpg

An impact would be similar to a nuclear blast.
Agreed, except that a 2000 footer like "The Rock" would be "huuuuuuge" and a lot bigger than any nuclear explosions mankind has ever made.

When the volcano Mount Tambora blew up erupted, it threw up enough debris to cause what was called "The year without a summer". Except for those killed by the impact or tsunami, such an impact may cure global warming, eh?
Given sufficient time and distance, a small nudge would be all that was needed to change the course enough to miss the Earth.
There is no way to "small nudge" it.

Agreed, except that a 2000 footer like "The Rock" would be "huuuuuuge" and a lot bigger than any nuclear explosions mankind has ever made.

When the volcano Mount Tambora blew up erupted, it threw up enough debris to cause what was called "The year without a summer". Except for those killed by the impact or tsunami, such an impact may cure global warming, eh?
Given sufficient time and distance, a small nudge would be all that was needed to change the course enough to miss the Earth.
These scientists say otherwise;

Deflecting Killer Asteroids Away From Earth: How We Could Do It

The only thing that anyone on the Earth can do is "brace for impact!"

And that is what the dinosaurs had! I'd hope we could do better but it would take a military and a people supporting such to make it possible.
Not the military, just NASA and, of course Congress. Too bad the Democrats gutted our space program to buy cheese for the poor.
The space program is cheese for the rich.
The space program gave us the technology that we are using right now.

Why do you think not? It's just billiards on a planetary scale.

Being a conservative is all about believing humanity should be like T.rex....T.Rex just accepted his backwardsness and never attempted do do shit to better his/her life for millions of years until one day he was wiped out.
But T.Rex the lizard king got his azz kicked by the asteroid.

And a tiny mammal rodent survived and evolved into humans and all other mammals too, like cats, and dogs, etc.

Florence: Largest asteroid in century to safely fly by Earth - BBC News

I'll see your rock and raise you a bigger rock.

The largest asteroid in more than a century is set to pass by Earth at a relatively close distance of 4.4 million miles (7 million km), Nasa says.

While other asteroids have passed closer to Earth, they were all estimated to be smaller.

Asteroids are the rubble left over from the formation of the Sun and planets.

The 2017 encounter is the closest by this asteroid since 1890 and the closest it will ever be until after 2500, the US space agency added.

An object of Florence's size would have global effects were it to hit the Earth. Scientists believe they have now identified more than 90% of such monster rocks moving through space near our planet.

Scientists plan to study the asteroid up close, using ground-based radar imaging in California and Puerto Rico.

Florence: Largest asteroid in century to safely fly by Earth - BBC News

I'll see your rock and raise you a bigger rock.

The largest asteroid in more than a century is set to pass by Earth at a relatively close distance of 4.4 million miles (7 million km), Nasa says.

While other asteroids have passed closer to Earth, they were all estimated to be smaller.

Asteroids are the rubble left over from the formation of the Sun and planets.

The 2017 encounter is the closest by this asteroid since 1890 and the closest it will ever be until after 2500, the US space agency added.

An object of Florence's size would have global effects were it to hit the Earth. Scientists believe they have now identified more than 90% of such monster rocks moving through space near our planet.

Scientists plan to study the asteroid up close, using ground-based radar imaging in California and Puerto Rico.
One an only wonder how accurate they were a century ago.

Forum List

Back