Assumptions: A Cautionary Tale

gallantwarrior

Gold Member
Jul 25, 2011
On my own 200 acres of the Frozen North
Tonight I was able to share a wonderful dinner with a very old and dear friend at a small, local establishment that has never disappointed, no matter what item was selected from the menu. Although not overly busy, because the wait staff was limited, customers were seated in selected dining sections to help the staff provide more attentive and proficient service. The table adjacent to ours hosted three women who appeared to represent three consecutive generations.

During our somewhat rambling discussion, I relayed to me friend that my LGD was integrating well into my herd of goats, with one difficulty. For some unfathomable reason, my LGD bitch likes to harass the black kids. She leaves the white and brown kids in peace, but she does like toying with the black kids. Of course, like any good husbandman, I use proper terms when discussing animals.

The woman who appears to be youngest of the three women leans across the aisle between our tables and excuses herself: "Excuse me," she says, "but did you actually just say that you let your dog chase black kids?" (Is this conversation really going to happen, I wonder?) Yes, I did just say that. "My GOD!", she declares, "People like you make me SICK!" And then she launches...

"I have no idea why you people think it's alright to treat others, especially children, like that, siccing your dogs on blacks! I'm thinking, I should just call the police and report you right NOW! Enjoy your meal, it may be your last as a free racist. I hope the other inmates rape you while you're in jail!" It went on in the vein for a few minutes. By this time, our waitress is standing by, astounded. This woman's language deteriorated to a shocking level of profanity. Her two companions sit there, nodding their heads in agreement.

After the tirade had subsided, I did something actually rare for me... I stood up (she's standing next to our table at this juncture), faced her directly and asked whether she had quite finished. Anyone who knows me knows that when I stop using more colorful language and get very quiet and polite, it's time to just sit down and shut up. Better yet, pick up your bags and leave. I explained to her the outright and unmitigated rudeness of eavesdropping on others in a public place. I had no words, at least none this person would understand, to begin to describe the level of rudeness exhibited when one actually presumes to interrupt such a conversation, worse yet to ASSume that she knew of which I spoke. And then to proceed to publically, vocally "dress me down" for some snipet of a conversation she eavesdropped and of which she assumed to know the meaning.

Needless to say, I was so upset, I forgot to ask her who she will vote for in November. I do have my own assumption, certainly...

The caution here is, even though you can dress up and navigate to a public place, perhaps you should reconsider such action if you are absolutely incapable of conducting yourself in a socially civil manner. And if you have no idea what you are talking about, STFU.

Thanks for 'listening'. I confess, shit like this just gets my britches in a bunch...
Damn, I was so looking forward to dessert, too!

I have an assumption that she is a progressive.

I love how you said your dog harasses black kids and in her broken mind that turned into you being a racist and that you sick your dogs on black kids...

Don't you love how these people twist everything around???

I have the same problems with these idiots. I'll say something like: "I don't believe taxpayers should be forced to foot the bill for contraception or abortions" - The next thing I know the progressives will be saying "who you think you are being all up in womans bodies" and "you're a Nazi for wanting to ban contraception." When in reality I neither said or implied any such thing....

"I have no idea why you people think it's alright to treat others, especially children, like that, siccing your dogs on blacks! I'm thinking, I should just call the police and report you right NOW! Enjoy your meal, it may be your last as a free racist. I hope the other inmates rape you while you're in jail!"

Look at how dumb she is....

"I should just call the police and report you now"

For what? enjoying a meal and having a conversation???

People like that are fucked in the head - they're Nazi's...

You really have no idea how many conservatives need to, as you said, "STFU".

Everytime I have ever mentioned something pro-Obama --HELL, anything that wasn't conservative -- around where I live there is ALWAYS someone who has to say, "You dumb fucking liberal, I ought to kick your ass!"
Ignorance and anger go so well together.

Which is really pretty funny, because I'm actually far more moderate than liberal.

Everytime I have ever mentioned something pro-Obama --HELL, anything that wasn't conservative -- around where I live there is ALWAYS someone who has to say, "You dumb fucking liberal, I ought to kick your ass!"

Which is really pretty funny, because I'm actually far more moderate than liberal.

Liar......

You're about as delusional as the crazy bitch in the story....

The original poster wasn't even trying to victimize himself, however you are.

I've never seen a conservative randomly confront a total stranger because of politics and say or even imply "I outta kick your ass." I've seen shit get heated at times when two random people get into a debate. Usually it's the progressives who do all the threatening...

Take a look at OWS for fucks sake...

Liar......

I've never seen a conservative randomly confront a total stranger because of politics and say or even imply "I outta kick your ass." I've seen shit get heated at times when two random people get into a debate. Usually it's the progressives who do all the threatening...

Lol, you must not spend much time around Missouri. I personally have always found it funny how you can see something with your own eyes and hear with your own ears only to have someone tell you, "Naw, that never happened."

Liar......

Lol, you must not spend much time around Missouri. I personally have always found it funny how you can see something with your own eyes and hear with your own ears only to have someone tell you, "Naw, that never happened."

I go to Missouri all the time.... I don't see St. Louis or East St. Louis being very "conservative" or even Kansas City for that matter... I go to the Ozarks quite a bit and I know there are plenty of rednecks in that part of the woods but weather they're democrat, republican or libertarian I don't know....

I suppose I could see a bunch of hicks in a small town fucking with a progressive.... However there are no "redneck" types where I live (northeastern Illinois), as a matter of fact there are plenty of self infatuated progressives (who believe they're Jesus for supporting progressive ideas) who go batshit crazy all to often when they get their ass kicked in a debate...

Can't say I've ever seen a non-progressive go batshit crazy over politics... Usually the debates I've seen end with progressives making (screaming) outlandish claims like "you're a racist that wants to see children starve and old people die." Yeah that is pretty typical.

Liar......

I go to Missouri all the time.... I don't see St. Louis or East St. Louis being very "conservative" or even Kansas City for that matter... I go to the Ozarks quite a bit and I know there are plenty of rednecks in that part of the woods but weather they're democrat, republican or libertarian I don't know....

I suppose I could see a bunch of hicks in a small town fucking with a progressive.... However there are no "redneck" types where I live (northeastern Illinois), as a matter of fact there are plenty of self infatuated progressives (who believe they're Jesus for supporting progressive ideas) who go batshit crazy all to often when they get their ass kicked in a debate...

Can't say I've ever seen a non-progressive go batshit crazy over politics... Usually the debates I've seen end with progressives making (screaming) outlandish claims like "you're a racist that wants to see children starve and old people die." Yeah that is pretty typical.

Wow, seems like almost the same situation but just in reverse, crazy. I guess it just varies with region, didn't mean to be douchy.

Wow, seems like almost the same situation but just in reverse, crazy. I guess it just varies with region, didn't mean to be douchy.

I once tried to have a conversation with a liberal at the local community college, she brought up the subject of welfare and such. Needless to say the conversation ended with her accusing me of accepting welfare cause I am retired military.

If you believe the OP, I have a bridge in Brooklyn for sale.

If you believe the OP, I have a bridge in Brooklyn for sale.

Do you even know the origins of what you just said?

George C. Parker and William McCloundy sold the Brooklyn Bridge for scrap....

If you believe that I have a tower to sell you - which also happened - some idiots were conned into buying the Eiffel Tower...

I have an assumption that she is a progressive.

I love how you said your dog harasses black kids and in her broken mind that turned into you being a racist and that you sick your dogs on black kids...

Don't you love how these people twist everything around???

I have the same problems with these idiots. I'll say something like: "I don't believe taxpayers should be forced to foot the bill for contraception or abortions" - The next thing I know the progressives will be saying "who you think you are being all up in womans bodies" and "you're a Nazi for wanting to ban contraception." When in reality I neither said or implied any such thing....

It was remarkable. Conversations among my friends often wander to politics eventually. I've had people make comments to others who were with them, loudly enough to let me know that whatever was being discussed displeased them. But this was one of those rare instances where the woman could just not contain herself. It's laughable, really. Most of all, it's downright rude. Of course, her behavior leads others to make certain assumptions about her, and the people with her. My impression was less than favorable, regardless of her personal politics.

I once tried to have a conversation with a liberal at the local community college, she brought up the subject of welfare and such. Needless to say the conversation ended with her accusing me of accepting welfare cause I am retired military.

My experience is that liberals will often bring up a touchy subject, clearly expecting the other person to agree with them. When you don't they are pretty apt to make wild-assed accusations. I'm pretty sure this gal's radar locked in on me when she heard that my dog harassed black kids. From there, the quantum leap was made to I let my dog chase black children.

I'm beginning to see why people threaten to kick your ass.

I'm beginning to see why people threaten to kick your ass.

Because I think differently from them.

Forum List

Back