Assorted 'Issues'--Women, military & other

wavingrl

Nov 14, 2012
ATL
General's wife speaks out on his misconduct probe | US National Headlines | Comcast

<Rebecca Sinclair stayed away from the days-long military hearing earlier this month at Fort Bragg, N.C., where the allegations against her husband, Brig. Gen. Jeffrey Sinclair, were revealed in detailed testimony. Women officers described an affair, forced sexual encounters and a series of explicit email exchanges with the former deputy commander of the 82nd Airborne Division in Afghanistan.

But his wife has since made herself a public face of his defense, and of what she sees as the toll of a decade of war on military couples, many of whom have found themselves in a repeated pattern of deployments, homecomings and moves.

"I am not condoning anything, and I'm not excusing my husband's infidelity. I'm not saying that just because we're on this deployment cycle and because of the war, that causes infidelity," she said by phone Monday from New York, where she had traveled for interviews after airing her feelings in an opinion piece Thursday in The Washington Post. "I'm just trying to understand it, and I'm trying to get conversations started so that people can look behind and see the bigger issue.">

~~~~~~~
In my world--person I knew somewhat in high school/college--Lt. Col--it seems likely that his wife kept her mouth s-h-u-t. She is a middle school counselor of some status in the FL panhandle. Her brother is an attorney who was chosen by Bush-Cheney to investigate the hanging chads/military ballots. 'A pretty big fish' in that pond. Their stepfather was a full colonel, fyi.

What I imagined happened after the cheating in her scenario---brother stepped up and stripped the Lt. Col of many financial assets. Their children seem close to their mother and her family. The son---ah the son--followed in his uncle's footsteps, not Dad's.

Whatever the military thinks/feels that it should do to resolve what seems to be an epidemic of poor choices in personal matters among officers ===even at the highest level ---then I believe now is the time for action.

lol--do I seriously believe there is anything the military can do about redirecting the needs//desires of its members---NO. When they join they are informed of the military's position in these matters. Get a DUI---consequences for you and your squad, platoon, company. The officers 'counsel' those of lesser rank.

My acquaintance has a Master's degree in counseling.

If you have seen a particular commercial then you might understand the type of counseling expertise he acquired.

A man goes to the mental health professional and 'whines'/complains for a while. Then the professional shoves a box of kleenex at him and basically says 'STFU'. Just great---but really not. Then many soldiers return home with PTSD. I don't live far from a local Veterans' Administration facility --always a lot of traffic over there. Hopefully, some are receiving better care than the Viet Nam vets, who received nothing--but I sincerely doubt that enough can ever be done.

I sincerely wish that my high school acquaintance had been important enough to attract national/international attention. I had to accept that he is a 'pompous arsehole', immature as he ever was in high school--6 decades later and selfish to the very core. He goes to church---hurray for him--certain God long ago realized that He could never reach this individual. Mother, employed by a religious denomination her entire life and younger brother a minister of religious music and a church 'seeder'--starts churches internationally.

He mostly takes his boat out---I would guess he visits a church no more than 6x a year, but makes it sound like he is there every Sunday. Works as a 'rainmaker'/high producing realtor. Teaches other realtors how to do what he has done.

What do I think of all of this---not much, not much at all. Insert all the expletives you can think of at this very moment.

Last edited:

I like your Springsteen quote--The Boss--I am a fan. :)

Sounds halfbaked to me. Flaky. 'trying to understand----get a dialogue going'

Some things can never change. Don't marry into the military if you aren't informed on all aspects of the life.

Go find your Springsteen or for me I think Kenny Rogers has learned a good bit about women and how to effectively treat them.

'Cherish'---old song---Righteous Brothers. The very minimum that is acceptable to me.

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum List

Back