Associated Press: Hawaii Law To Punish People Requesting Obama's Citizenship Records

Jan 17, 2010
Mississippi
Its called The "Vexatious Requestor Bill". This is absurd and wrong. It proves Hawaiian Officials are in the tank for Obama and want to protect him. Someone needs to take Hawaii to court because they are stepping over the line. They can’t fine people for asking questions.
This becomes a serious first amendment issue if they start trying to limit access to government and fining people about requests about his citizenship records. As more information surfaces about Obamas Eligibility Hawaiis UIPA requests for information is putting them in a bind as they are being backed into a corner because people are using their own UIPA statutes against them in order to get them to release Obamas records. Now people who are labeled "vexatious requestors" will be off limits for 2 years when requesting information on him and punishable by fine by The Hawaii Office of Taxation.

A little background to read on how this got started:
HI Dept. of Health refuses to corroborate that Obama born in Hawaii | The Post & Email

Fukino, is in legal trouble regarding this already for purgery:
HI Director of Dept. of Health Perjures Herself before HI Senate Committee(Fukino; Obama’s Records)

http://www.thepostemail.com/2010/03/...ate-committee/

http://www.state.hi.us/oip/uipa.html

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/...nKz_wD9EG7MC00

The Bill SB2937:
HI Legislature

HONOLULU — Birthers beware: Hawaii may start ignoring your repeated requests for proof that President Barack Obama was born here.
As the state continues to receive e-mails seeking Obama's birth certificate, the state House Judiciary Committee heard a bill Tuesday permitting government officials to ignore people who won't give up.
"Sometimes we may be dealing with a cohort of people who believe lack of evidence is evidence of a conspiracy," said Lorrin Kim, chief of the Hawaii Department of Health's Office of Planning, Policy and Program Development.

So-called "birthers" claim Obama is ineligible to be president because, they argue, he was actually born outside the United States, and therefore doesn't meet a constitutional requirement for being president.
Hawaii Health Director Dr. Chiyome Fukino issued statements last year and in October 2008 saying that she's seen vital records that prove Obama is a natural-born American citizen.

But the state still gets between 10 and 20 e-mails seeking verification of Obama's birth each week, most of them from outside Hawaii, Kim said Tuesday.

A few of these requesters continue to pepper the Health Department with the same letters seeking the same information, even after they're told state law bars release of a certified birth certificate to anyone who does not have a tangible interest. Responding wastes time and money, Kim said.
Both Fukino and the state registrar of vital statistics have verified that the Health Department holds Obama's original birth certificate.

The issue coincides with Sunshine Week, when news organizations promote open government and freedom of information.
"Do we really want to be known internationally as the Legislature that blocked any inquiries into where President Obama was born?" asked Rep. Cynthia Thielen, R-Kaneohe-Kailua. "When people want to get more information, the way to fuel that fire is to say, 'We're now going to draw down a veil of secrecy.'"
Nobody at the hearing questioned the fact that the president was born in Hawaii.

Attorney Peter Fritz asked why the state would pass a law punishing repetitive requests for open records. Instead, the state could simply say it would only answer each person's question once.
If the measure passed, the state Office of Information Practices could declare an individual a "vexatious requester" and restrict rights to government records for two years.

• Banned
It's called "Frivilous Lawsuits".

These are not frivilous lawsuits. You see when Hawaii Dept of Health Janice Fukino said publically about Obamas private records that she had seen his ammended vital records and he was a Natural Born Citizen, Hawaii UIPA laws says the public had the right to request the records that back her statements up. Hawaii goofed when they allowed Fukino to say that and they didn't read their own laws when giving out information. Now they are backed into a corner ignoring all email requests to see the info backing up her claims by UIPA Regulations in the Office of Information Practice. They have gone into denial mode and want a law to prevent this from happening again. They have to back up Fukinos claims with proof. She should have never said anything in the first place.

Last edited:
Private records are Private. What don't you birthers get about that?

Besides, whatever happened to states rights? Don't give a fuck about that anymore?

• Banned

Besides, whatever happened to states rights? Don't give a fuck about that anymore?

Hawaii Dept of Health Janice Okubo violated those private records by going public on record and stating he was born in Hawaii and forming a opinion he is a natural born citizen with nothing to back up her claims according to Hawaii UIPA Statutes of the OIP.

It's called "Frivilous Lawsuits".

These are not frivilous lawsuits. You see when Hawaii Dept of Health Janice Fukino said publically about Obamas private records that she had seen his ammended vital records and he was a Natural Born Citizen, Hawaii UIPA laws says the public had the right to request the records that back her statements up. Hawaii goofed when they allowed Fukino to say that and they didn't read their own laws when giving out information. Now they are backed into a corner ignoring all email requests to see the info backing up her claims by UIPA Regulations in the Office of Information Practice. They have gone into denial mode and want a law to prevent this from happening again. They have to back up Fukinos claims with proof. She should have never said anything in the first place.

Without Obama's permission, it would violate Hipaa laws if they let the public see his birth certificate.

A court order can be used to force the release of all pertinent records.

Last edited:
yeah, i remember when bush, clinton, bush, reagan, carter, nixon, lbj and kennedy all published their birth records. they'd have a big parade and huge blowups of their birth certificates would precede them to their swearing in on inauguration day. it was waaaaay cool.

oh, wait, no i don't. i guess it's because they were different, somehow.
:lol:

who's shitting who, if he was white, none of this crap would have ever seen the light of day. at least man up and put on hoods.

yeah, i remember when bush, clinton, bush, reagan, carter, nixon, lbj and kennedy all published their birth records. they'd have a big parade and huge blowups of their birth certificates would precede them to their swearing in on inauguration day. it was waaaaay cool.

who's shitting who, if he was white, none of this crap would have ever seen the light of day. at least man up and put on hoods.

That would require balls Del. :lol:

That would require balls Del. :lol:

it would require a lot less self delusion, imo. i don't like the guy, i didn't vote for him and i think he's doing a pretty crappy job overall, but this birther shit is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay over the top.

Typical leftist lib. Always playing the race card. This is a legal issue with Hawaii pertaining to OIP laws. Did you take the time and read the UIPA statutes before forming a opinion before you decided that Hawaii Legislators making a law is a conspiracy theory as you have moved this thread here. Are you going to move the other thread on this here as well from the politics section? After all this topic is about Hawaiian politics is it not and not a conspiracy. You are obvious a Obot.

Typical leftist lib. Always playing the race card. This is a legal issue with Hawaii pertaining to OIP laws. Did you take the time and read the UIPA statutes before forming a opinion before you decided that Hawaii Legislators making a law is a conspiracy theory as you have moved this thread here. Are you going to move the other thread on this here as well from the politics section? After all this topic is about Hawaiian politics is it not and not a conspiracy. You are obvious a Obot.

Del is far from a "typical leftist lib" klansman. So, did you all share recipes at the most recent klan meeting? :eusa_whistle:

what a great and free country this is huh? cant even request a certificate without being punished for it.Not all suprising.have you seen this video by chance? its a must see one if you haven't.
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eAaQNACwaLw[/ame]

Last edited:

Everyone is a leftist compared to you, il duce.

Forum List

Back