Assisted Suicide

Meanwhile, I was talking with SIL and the subject came up. As usual, it was a waste of breath. But it is an interesting subject.
I browsed the net and what I found was most those who asked about suicide were urged to grow up; it is against Christ's teachings; it is against the law; don't be stupid; you will hurt those who love you and in general complete strangers telling another complete stranger to "hang in there".
What if the person that was asking has a terminal illness? Do they not have the right to die? We put animals down when they are in pain. Why cannot we show the same tolerance to people who no longer wish to suffer themselves?
I also looked at bible passages and did not find any that said clearly that suicide was not acceptable to God. Interpretors of the bible of course argued for or against according to what they believe, but reading those passages I came to the same conclusion. God did not specifically state one could not kill themself and many who fought in His name did indeed commit suicide. Samson, for one. But he took out his enemies at the same time.
And didn't Jesus himself commit suicide? He know what was going to happen to him. And those against suicide due to religious beliefs do not use that argument when it came to Jesus dying "for our sins".

So. Your opinions are appreciated. Beats talking to yon wall that nods now and then but has the glaze of "huh?" floating in her eyeballs.

The ultimate right of any person is the right to end their life when they see fit.
Would you limit this to people who are 'in their right minds' and agree that when people in psychotic states and such, measures ought to be taken to prevent them from killing themselves?

Nope. Maybe the moment when they take their lives is their most lucid? Who are we to determine what they can do with their life? Rather arrogant of anyone to make that assertion. When someone is wracked by the agony of cancer or any chronic pain who the fuck are you to tell them no they can't release themselves from their suffering?

Last time I checked torture was against the law and yet, idiots all over the world willfully inflict horrendous pain on desperately ill people. What pricks.

Death is not a right, peeps. That said, people who want to commit suicide generally can and do find a way. Assisted suicide isn't *suicide*. It's euthanasia. And it's wrong.

And I'm tired of the left encouraging despair and constantly trying to find new ways to kill people off.

Given the opportunity, I am for the freedom to live and end our lives based upon our own choices. "Death with Dignity" is a law in Oregon.

Meanwhile, I was talking with SIL and the subject came up. As usual, it was a waste of breath. But it is an interesting subject.
I browsed the net and what I found was most those who asked about suicide were urged to grow up; it is against Christ's teachings; it is against the law; don't be stupid; you will hurt those who love you and in general complete strangers telling another complete stranger to "hang in there".
What if the person that was asking has a terminal illness? Do they not have the right to die? We put animals down when they are in pain. Why cannot we show the same tolerance to people who no longer wish to suffer themselves?
I also looked at bible passages and did not find any that said clearly that suicide was not acceptable to God. Interpretors of the bible of course argued for or against according to what they believe, but reading those passages I came to the same conclusion. God did not specifically state one could not kill themself and many who fought in His name did indeed commit suicide. Samson, for one. But he took out his enemies at the same time.
And didn't Jesus himself commit suicide? He know what was going to happen to him. And those against suicide due to religious beliefs do not use that argument when it came to Jesus dying "for our sins".

So. Your opinions are appreciated. Beats talking to yon wall that nods now and then but has the glaze of "huh?" floating in her eyeballs.

Did those who jumped from the towers on 9-11 rather than being burned alive or crushed to death, commit suicide? They did hassen their deaths by doing so.

Zoo Zoo's Pedals!

wall_paper_3.jpg

Forum List

Back