assholes!

Luissa

Annoying Customer
Sep 7, 2008
TARDIS
So since I have gone back to school I have gone back to work in customer service and it sucks a big fat one but it works around my school schedule. The next time you are at a store and are pissed off remember it is not the lowly workers fault, we do not make the policies we are just there to enforce them. If an item is not in it is not our fault, if we can't return an item because you don't have a reciept it is also not our fault we are just following rules plus with the economy everyone and their dog is stealing shit. And if you do loose your reciept it is your own fucking fault don't blame us. If you are broke we are also broke so don't give us some sad story because we are right there with you. And the bigger the asshole you are the more we are going to not give you what you want. It is also not our fault that there is not more people working. Also remember when you flip out and are a dick, we have had ten other customers just like you.

Working retail is apt to make one somewhat misanthropic.

While most people are thoroughly decent people, when you deal with hundreds of people a day, you're bound to run into at least 5 assholes per hundred.

Customer service is not fun when people dump on you. And the reasons you gave that customers get angry are not justifiable. Everyone knows by now that you can't get a refund without a receipt. If I have a beef, I usually ask to speak to the supervisor, the one person that can provide a proper resolution.

Maybe this can help you get through the day: when another irate customer starts barking and complaining, imagine him/her naked. It would make me chuckle. Most likely, the people are taking it out on you because they know there is nothing they can do especially when it was their own mistake that caused the problem. You can't stop the flood of complaints, just try to let it roll off your back. Empathize with them about their dilemma and tell them that you feel bad that you couldn't help them further. In other words, just suck up to them. They won't argue with you for long if you give them a soft polite tone.

Customer service is not fun when people dump on you. And the reasons you gave that customers get angry are not justifiable. Everyone knows by now that you can't get a refund without a receipt. If I have a beef, I usually ask to speak to the supervisor, the one person that can provide a proper resolution.

Maybe this can help you get through the day: when another irate customer starts barking and complaining, imagine him/her naked. It would make me chuckle. Most likely, the people are taking it out on you because they know there is nothing they can do especially when it was their own mistake that caused the problem. You can't stop the flood of complaints, just try to let it roll off your back. Empathize with them about their dilemma and tell them that you feel bad that you couldn't help them further. In other words, just suck up to them. They won't argue with you for long if you give them a soft polite tone.

the problem is I am the supervisor! And where I work they will argue with you even if you are nice. I had this guy a couple weeks ago where I was doing everything possible to help him even giving him a discount because it was our fault and I wasn't even saying anything and than out of nowhere he said, " You are acting like this is my fault!" All I said was I am sorry and that the people who helped him messed up and that I would take $50 off for his trouble.
And I am usually always polite, I have to be or I would get fired but sometimes I reallly just wish I could rip them a new one.

All I'm saying is that I hate when a Customer Service representative won't bend the rules just a little for me. I didn't ask to have such ridiculous restrictions placed on me when I want to return something. And please understand that I am pretty busy, so it is very easy for me to misplace a receipt. After all, I am only human.

And when it all comes down to it, by enforcing your companies silly policies, you are just helping your company's CEO to purchase another yacht for himself, or purchase a 14-karat diamond for his 21 year old mistress.

Even though you work for him, "the man", you and I have far more similarities. We are both hard workers and slaves to the grind. So, think about me, your struggling customer, and throw me a bone!

ahh customer service...who said...the customer is always right..cause i think a mob of cashiers, retail clerks etc would rip that person apart...

i do customer service at one job.....i am the one all the problems end up with in the cages....so here is what i do.....changing people helps..i try to slide in with..what can i do to help you sir... or even better what would make you happy..how can we resolve this to the best interests of everyone one involved...

i am so damned good at ass kissing...then they piss me off....i give them their money back and tell them to get out of my line...they can go stand in another cashiers line for an hour if they like....i am lucky ....my boss has this attitude ...be polite till they cuss you..then katie bar the door anything short of physcially touching them or telling them to fuck themselves is allowed.

All I'm saying is that I hate when a Customer Service representative won't bend the rules just a little for me. I didn't ask to have such ridiculous restrictions placed on me when I want to return something. And please understand that I am pretty busy, so it is very easy for me to misplace a receipt. After all, I am only human.

And when it all comes down to it, by enforcing your companies silly policies, you are just helping your company's CEO to purchase another yacht for himself, or purchase a 14-karat diamond for his 21 year old mistress.

Even though you work for him, "the man", you and I have far more similarities. We are both hard workers and slaves to the grind. So, think about me, your struggling customer, and throw me a bone!

o yea lets bend the rules for you...give you just a discount for living and breathing...o just for you...let me risk my mother fucking job to give you a discount...kiss my ass bitch

if it is clothes, toys, or anything like that I will take it without a reciept but will give in store credit or exchange it. If it is jewelry, a Playstation or anything like that no way, or any appliance. I keep my reciepts and boxes always for shit like that so why can't other people.

ahh customer service...who said...the customer is always right..cause i think a mob of cashiers, retail clerks etc would rip that person apart...

i do customer service at one job.....i am the one all the problems end up with in the cages....so here is what i do.....changing people helps..i try to slide in with..what can i do to help you sir... or even better what would make you happy..how can we resolve this to the best interests of everyone one involved...

i am so damned good at ass kissing...then they piss me off....i give them their money back and tell them to get out of my line...they can go stand in another cashiers line for an hour if they like....i am lucky ....my boss has this attitude ...be polite till they cuss you..then katie bar the door anything short of physcially touching them or telling them to fuck themselves is allowed.
yeah when I worked customer service at another job they gave us alittle more wiggle room. We could tell them off in a nice way!:lol:

So since I have gone back to school I have gone back to work in customer service and it sucks a big fat one but it works around my school schedule. The next time you are at a store and are pissed off remember it is not the lowly workers fault, we do not make the policies we are just there to enforce them. If an item is not in it is not our fault, if we can't return an item because you don't have a reciept it is also not our fault we are just following rules plus with the economy everyone and their dog is stealing shit. And if you do loose your reciept it is your own fucking fault don't blame us. If you are broke we are also broke so don't give us some sad story because we are right there with you. And the bigger the asshole you are the more we are going to not give you what you want. It is also not our fault that there is not more people working. Also remember when you flip out and are a dick, we have had ten other customers just like you.
I'd think that you should have been well prepared for that duty after spending time dealing with some of the assholes here... :eusa_eh:

Dealing with rude customers must be just about one of the most unenviable tasks going. But how about the way this Virgin Airlines gate attendant dealt with such a situation. True story btw:

An award should go to the Virgin Airlines gate attendant in Sydney for being customer focused, when confronted with a rude and arrogant passenger. A crowded Virgin flight was cancelled after Virgin's 767s had been withdrawn from service.
A single attendant was re-booking a long line of inconvenienced travellers. Suddenly an angry passenger pushed his way to the desk.
He slapped his ticket down on the counter and said, "I have to be on This flight and it has to be NOW!"
The attendant replied, "I'm sorry sir. I'll be happy to try to help you, but I've got to help these people first, and I'm sure we'll be able to work something out."
The passenger was unimpressed. He asked loudly, so that the passengers behind him could hear, "DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA WHO I AM?"
Without hesitating, the attendant smiled and grabbed her public Address microphone: "May I have your attention please, may I have your attention please," she began - her voice heard clearly throughout the terminal.
"We have a passenger here at Gate 14 WHO DOES NOT KNOW WHO HE IS. If anyone can help him find his identity, please come to Gate 14".
With the folks behind him in line laughing hysterically, the man glared at the Virgin attendant, gritted his teeth and said, "F...k You!"
Without flinching, she smiled and said, "I'm sorry, sir, but you'll have to get in line for that too."

Dealing with rude customers must be just about one of the most unenviable tasks going. But how about the way this Virgin Airlines gate attendant dealt with such a situation. True story btw:

An award should go to the Virgin Airlines gate attendant in Sydney for being customer focused, when confronted with a rude and arrogant passenger. A crowded Virgin flight was cancelled after Virgin's 767s had been withdrawn from service.
A single attendant was re-booking a long line of inconvenienced travellers. Suddenly an angry passenger pushed his way to the desk.
He slapped his ticket down on the counter and said, "I have to be on This flight and it has to be NOW!"
The attendant replied, "I'm sorry sir. I'll be happy to try to help you, but I've got to help these people first, and I'm sure we'll be able to work something out."
The passenger was unimpressed. He asked loudly, so that the passengers behind him could hear, "DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA WHO I AM?"
Without hesitating, the attendant smiled and grabbed her public Address microphone: "May I have your attention please, may I have your attention please," she began - her voice heard clearly throughout the terminal.
"We have a passenger here at Gate 14 WHO DOES NOT KNOW WHO HE IS. If anyone can help him find his identity, please come to Gate 14".
With the folks behind him in line laughing hysterically, the man glared at the Virgin attendant, gritted his teeth and said, "F...k You!"
Without flinching, she smiled and said, "I'm sorry, sir, but you'll have to get in line for that too."

:clap2:

I was a level 2 CSR at my last job and dealt with a lot of angry, unreasonable people. I would just do my best to resolve their issue and never let them get me down. I actually think it's kinda funny when people get so worked up that they cuss at the person that is the gatekeeper to their satisfaction. I could almost always get them calmed down and to accept the situation. Most of the girls I worked with hated the job, but I kinda liked it. I made good money for someone who's only skill is having a sunny personality and when I really could help someone out i made me smile. :)

the problem is I am the supervisor! And where I work they will argue with you even if you are nice. I had this guy a couple weeks ago where I was doing everything possible to help him even giving him a discount because it was our fault and I wasn't even saying anything and than out of nowhere he said, " You are acting like this is my fault!" All I said was I am sorry and that the people who helped him messed up and that I would take $50 off for his trouble.
And I am usually always polite, I have to be or I would get fired but sometimes I reallly just wish I could rip them a new one.

That usually does the trick when the customer gets a freebie or a discount. That guy must have been having a real bad in particular to still complain. Did you ever asked the guy what he thought you should do for him? He seems quite unreasonable.

Well, when you get really pissed off, you can come here to vent. :tongue:

:lol: Are you sure it wasn't Senator John Kerry?

Having worked in retail, in a law office, with crazy people and now as a caseworker, my advice is to be nice to the people who are angry as well. Commisserate with them, and the anger will dissipate. Tell them you know it's a hard pill to swallow and you're sorry and you'd be upset too and give them something, even if it's just a complaint form.

People are assholes. But the ones who are the most assholish are USUALLY that way because they are out of their depth. Or because they're con artists or crazy.

But they're always interesting.

And paste a foolish grin on your face. People have a hard time acting shitty to someone who is smiling at them.

It will give you wrinkles, though, and possibly take years off your life.

My nephew worked at a Safeway before he left for Wheaton, and one of the policies of the store is EVERY employee was required to smile at, greet, and offer assistance to EVERY customer they pass in the parking lot or in the store. I mean, there were up to 100 people milling around at any time. It was like eating glass for him, lol. I used to go to Safeway just to laugh at him because he'd have this glazed look in his eyes and this death's mask grin and grit out in a ridiculously animated voice, "HOW ARE YOU TODAY, CAN I HELP YOU?" Of course those of us in the know knew his boss had told him he'd be fired if he didn't. And he's by nature a pretty introverted young man..and even worse in those days.

It was great. Family fun was for my teenaged boys and myself to troop to Safeways to see how many times we could force James to smile at us and offer assistance.

I think one of the best tells about someone's actual character is the way he/she treats those considered to be beneath them in status (store clerks, restaurant servers, etc.) That's a point I've tried very hard to make with my kids, that it's important to be polite to everyone.

Some of the rudest, however, are the lowest on the social totem pole. Remember, the world treats you worse if you're poor, uneducated, or can't speak the language, so those people are often hostile to begin with, and think they should get "back" whenever they can.

DHS offices started to get a lot more civilized when it was recognized we had to provide proper customer service to OUR clients, just as clerks at JC Penney's do. When you don't look down your nose at your customers, and react sympathetically to their anger, fear, frustration, whatever, they tone it down exponentially.

New Topics

Forum List

Back