Assessment of the Addresses Last Night

Shrimpbox

Gold Member
Dec 4, 2013
Carrabelle, fl. 60 miles s of tallahassee
it certainly wasn’t a night to remember. Trump was uncharacteristically wooden in his delivery. From a public speaking standpoint he spoke way to fast. Maybe the TelePrompTer was moving too fast. Because of this the speech lost some of the gravitas it should have had coming from the Oval Office. I think his staff was too aware of the “is he gonna tell the truth” crowd finding fault in something, which of course they were going to do anyway. Someone needs to put more makeup and visine around his eyes. And someone else needs to be writing his speeches(like me) to include more vision and responsibility mixed in with the facts. By not saying that Dems are shutting the govt down for a ridiculous 5 billion dollars that will save AMERICAN lives he lost a big opportunity. This was not his best speech, workmanlike but not a needle mover.

You know what comes to mind with the democratic response? All I could think about was the Addams family. Gomez and morticia. They looked like two school children scrunched into the timeout desk. Chuck looked terrible. It was obvious they couldn’t or would t talk about immigration so they had to focus on govt shutdown. Nancy’s persona seems to be I am the big bad bitch here and nothing is going to happen if I don’t approve of it, isn’t that right chuck? Yes Nancy. The manufactured crisis bit isn’t going to float when people are dying daily because of illegals. Trump did show some empathy for the travails of these illegals, the Dems did not. Trump derangement syndrome was on full display, and becomes more obvious with each passing day. Dems would do well to drop the tag team act next time, put Nancy behind a desk(she is running the show anyway) and let the strong, I am not going to back down, alpha female act do the ripping. They did not move the needle either.

Americans know this is a pissing contest. Nothing changed last night.

Forum List

Back