CDZ Assault Rifles, How We Got Here

Discussion in 'Clean Debate Zone' started by skews13, Feb 21, 2018.

1. usmbguest5318

usmbguest5318 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,772
    What's an "assault rifle," in your mind?

I don't care what your definition is; I want to know what it is so I can use it to understand fully what you may write in response to the core questions I've below asked. Thus the definition need only accurately, completely and precisely describe whatever it be that you mean by "assault rifle."

While I think learning the story of "how we got here" is interesting as an academic pursuit, unless it informs the design, implementation and quantifiably sound measurement of the success/failure of ways and means to get out of "here," I'm not sure what use, at this juncture, be the point of comprehensively understanding "how we got here."

Why? Because history is the story of causes and effects in human civilization's march through time and space, and the point of understanding humanity's past is to use that information to anticipate and shape the present and future, presumably so that it isn't imbued with the same nature and extent of mistakes humans in the past made.

Main Question:
    In light of that, OP-er, and in light of your knowing in great detail "how we got here," what "escape paths," if you will, does the story of "how we got here" illuminate with regard to materially reducing the quantity of involuntary deaths and injuries from "assault rifle" use/abuse/misuse?

(To simply your responding, here are some more detailed questions that you can use to structure and organize your answer.)
    • Errors:
      • What does the story of "how we got here" inform you as being the determinative mistakes that irrevocably led us "here" and that must not be repeated?
    • Solutions -- I don't really expect that you've thought through the answers to all of the below elements of a comprehensive answer to the main question above, but I would think you have thought in detail about at least some of them, for otherwise knowing the history is of no practical value.
    1. What solution-planning insights does that information/knowledge provide or suggest?
    2. What solution-design insights does that information/knowledge provide or suggest?
    3. What solution-implementation approach insights does that information/knowledge provide or suggest?
    4. What solution-enforcement insights does that information/knowledge provide or suggest?
    5. What solution-measurement insights does that information/knowledge provide or suggest?

2. The Sage of Main Street

The Sage of Main Street Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,735
    Cure for the Feral Epidemic

It is a counter-assault rifle, used to stop riots and protect store owners.

3. RetiredGySgt

RetiredGySgt Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +13,842
    AR-15 is NOT an assault rifle to be one requires a selective fire switch All and AR-15 is a semi automatic rifle JUST like every other semi automatic rifle.

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. Silent Warrior

Silent Warrior Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,373
    It's just too funny when someone who has no understanding of firearms attempts to lecture those who actually know something.

firearms_identification.jpg

Attached Files: