Assault on DeLay is all about sleazy liberal politics

dilloduck said:
I think because he's a Texan
semantics. IMO no federal politician should be delving in state politics, like delay did with the redistricting.

SmarterThanYou said:
semantics. IMO no federal politician should be delving in state politics, like delay did with the redistricting.

I'm all for it----but damn, Washington would be a mighty empty place.

ScreamingEagle said:
You know what this is really all about - there are those who do not want DeLay to become Speaker of the House - including some Republicans. I wonder if it's even still possible.

At least Hassert came out today supporting DeLay.
http://www.cnn.com/2005/POLITICS/04/14/delay.hastert/
No doubt--your basic power struggle--the GOP has to quit being so worried about any possible little spot on thier "image". Clinton got away with a little spot on Monica's dress.

And the Clintons have that left over dingleberry Rahm Emmanual whipping up this frenzy for Hillary anyway. How transparent can you get ?

dilloduck said:
No doubt--your basic power struggle--the GOP has to quit being so worried about any possible little spot on thier "image". Clinton got away with a little spot on Monica's dress.

And the Clintons have that left over dingleberry Rahm Emmanual whipping up this frenzy for Hillary anyway. How transparent can you get ?

You mean clandestine Clintonista from Chicago? Wasn't he recently trying to do a little redistricting of his own in IL?

And how about Nancy Pelosi, the highly ethical - ha, ha Minority Leader?

The Federal Election Commission fined Pelosi’s political operation $21,000 last year for collecting and distributing funds in excess of campaign-finance limits through two leadership political action committees: PAC to the Future and Team Majority.
http://www.hillnews.com/thehill/export/TheHill/News/Frontpage/121504/ethics.html

Why is it we seldom hear anything about that proven FACT? Certainly a matter of Ethics that should be splashed everywhere on the news - at least as much as Tom DeLay's yet unproven transgressions, wouldn't ya think?

Hmm, there are a few other Democrats who should be sent to the Ethics Committee too...

ScreamingEagle said:
You mean clandestine Clintonista from Chicago? Wasn't he recently trying to do a little redistricting of his own in IL?

And how about Nancy Pelosi, the highly ethical - ha, ha Minority Leader?

Why is it we seldom hear anything about that proven FACT? Certainly a matter of Ethics that should be splashed everywhere on the news - at least as much as Tom DeLay's yet unproven transgressions, wouldn't ya think?

Hmm, there are a few other Democrats who should be sent to the Ethics Committee too...

Damn--maybe General Haig STILL is in charge here----doesn't seem like anyone else is.

dilloduck said:
I've heard some vague comments on the news implying that Bush and Delay aren't quite on the same page either. I've thought that if Bush stepped in with some support for Delay is may defused the catterwalling a little but as far as I know he has reamined silent about the matter.

Actually Dillo those comments were taken out of context as usual. McClelan's words were misrepresented. Bush actually said was he considers DeLay a good friend and supporst him....The media printed that Bush said he and DeLay were not good friends.

I posted on this today it's floating around in Politics somewhere form an AP story.

Bonnie said:
Actually Dillo those comments were taken out of context as usual. McClelan's words were misrepresented. Bush actually said was he considers DeLay a good friend and supporst him....The media printed that Bush said he and DeLay were not good friends.

I posted on this today it's floating around in Politics somewhere form an AP story.
Figured that one out AFTER I saw FOX showing clips of Bush supporting him.
Not nearly loud enough tho, IMHO.

dilloduck said:
Figured that one out AFTER I saw FOX showing clips of Bush supporting him.
Not nearly loud enough tho, IMHO.

True enough, but the rest of the Republicans and leadership needs to do the same all in unison.

DeLay: Innuendo and ideology vs. hard evidence
David Limbaugh

April 15, 2005

Democrats can choose their own path, but Republicans better not be too anxious to throw House Republican Leader Tom DeLay under the bus.

I am not saying DeLay should be exempt from scrutiny, House rules or the law. But he is certainly entitled to a presumption of innocence, which should remain until a credible case for his misconduct has been proven.

But that's not how certain Democratic leaders have things sized up. Congressman Charles Rangel said, essentially, that DeLay has the burden of demonstrating he did nothing wrong. Now, this is certainly an interesting standard to be invoked by a man who considers himself a champion of civil rights.

Some argue that DeLay should step down as Leader because allegations of unethical behavior against someone in such an important position set a bad example and poison the governmental waters.

I think DeLay's powerful position happens to cut the other way. That is, I think he has been so important to advancing the conservative agenda that he ought not bow out unless he has actually done something wrong. If the opposition party's miracle antidote for an effective majority agenda is to lodge allegations against a majority party's leader, the majority party should never hope to accomplish much of anything.

It is important that we separate the issue of DeLay's conduct from the conduct, motivations and hypocrisy of his accusers. If he has done something that warrants his expulsion, he should resign -- regardless of whether the whole lot of his detractors are guilty as sin.
more
http://www.townhall.com/columnists/davidlimbaugh/printdl20050415.shtml

SmarterThanYou said:

yeah, heaven forbid a representative of texas get involved in texas politics.

yeah, heaven forbid a representative of texas get involved in texas politics.

No kidding. Even though he's at the federal level, his constituents are Texans.

Forum List

Back