Assault Gun Ban

You know, while these Nerf guns are designed for high capacity ammo loads, they still require a pump and trigger squeeze each time you fire. If they are trying to compare them to AR-15's, then they are beyond stupid.

As far as my feelings about this? Since you have to cock the gun each time to load the air that shoots the Nerf bullet, and you can only fire one bullet per pump/trigger squeeze, this isn't anything like an AR-15, it's more like a bolt action rifle. And, I have absolutely zero problems with bolt action rifles.

Now, if they really want to compare a toy gun to an AR-15, they would be better served by going after paintball rifles. They are CO2 powered (no cocking required) and can fire off paintballs as fast as you can squeeze the trigger.

These people who want the Nerf gun banned are beyond idiotic. They are almost as stupid as the people who want to ban finger guns in school.

You know, while these Nerf guns are designed for high capacity ammo loads, they still require a pump and trigger squeeze each time you fire. If they are trying to compare them to AR-15's, then they are beyond stupid.

As far as my feelings about this? Since you have to cock the gun each time to load the air that shoots the Nerf bullet, and you can only fire one bullet per pump/trigger squeeze, this isn't anything like an AR-15, it's more like a bolt action rifle. And, I have absolutely zero problems with bolt action rifles.

Now, if they really want to compare a toy gun to an AR-15, they would be better served by going after paintball rifles. They are CO2 powered (no cocking required) and can fire off paintballs as fast as you can squeeze the trigger.

These people who want the Nerf gun banned are beyond idiotic. They are almost as stupid as the people who want to ban finger guns in school.

The best action Hasbro could take would be to issue an emphatic "No", and offer a 25% rebate through the Christmas season.

Know what I think would shut them up? Show a video of what it takes to shoot lots of rounds with the Nerf gun, then explain that it is nothing like an AR-15, but more like a bolt action rifle.

Know what I think would shut them up? Show a video of what it takes to shoot lots of rounds with the Nerf gun, then explain that it is nothing like an AR-15, but more like a bolt action rifle.

I wouldn't give them that much acknowledgement, myself. Just "No" and "Now run along".

This simply shows that they are lying when they say they don't want to ban all guns. They will not stop at "Assault" rifles, as their town hall on CNN demonstrated, they will not stop at semi-auto weapons. The bolt action deer hunting rifle is an actual, military grade rifle, it is currently used by our military in combat. The pump action shotgun is an actual, military grade weapon, in use by all branches of the U.S. military.

The AR-15? Is not in use by any branch of the U.S. military. It is the only weapon that is not military grade.

Forum List

Back