Assassinating American Citizens ... for or against?

Are you in favor of America's policy of assassinating its citizens?

• Yes

Votes: 23 47.9%
  • No

Votes: 21 43.8%
  • Undecided

Votes: 4 8.3%

• Total voters
I'm for killing terrorists after a warrant for their arrest has been issued and ample time for them to turn themselves in has passed.

You would be for the killing of an American citizen in that circumstance no matter which party held the White House?

*looking for notebook - I think I might need a record of this one*

I believe sallow would but he is wrong on one point Americans no matter what they are charged with are garenteed the right to a trial, even if they are caught in the act, unless they resist arrest.

Umm, the guy confessed. You better read up on treason again.

Should have been easy to get a legal judgment against him then.

Too bad our government didn't even try before they targeted him for death.

Then i have a suggestion....next time something like this comes up, i think you should be the one to go arrest the traitor! Don't you GET IT??? Why put him through a trial, which would cost us alot of money we don't have, knowing he's going to get the death penalty anyway? This is one thing i agree with obama on (and there's not much i do agree on!), he actually saved the country some money this time! Lol!

Awlaki didn't have to be present for an indictment.

Obama didn't even go through the motions.

Just put out a hit order on an American citizen without even a token attempt to go through the motions and uphold the Constitution.

I'm for killing terrorists after a warrant for their arrest has been issued and ample time for them to turn themselves in has passed.

You would be for the killing of an American citizen in that circumstance no matter which party held the White House?

I believe sallow would but he is wrong on one point Americans no matter what they are charged with are garenteed the right to a trial, even if they are caught in the act, unless they resist arrest.

Wow....i think you should join Amelia when she goes to arrests the next one! Lol! Wow stupid!!!!!

Should have been easy to get a legal judgment against him then.

Too bad our government didn't even try before they targeted him for death.

Then i have a suggestion....next time something like this comes up, i think you should be the one to go arrest the traitor! Don't you GET IT??? Why put him through a trial, which would cost us alot of money we don't have, knowing he's going to get the death penalty anyway? This is one thing i agree with obama on (and there's not much i do agree on!), he actually saved the country some money this time! Lol!

Just put out a hit order on an American citizen without even a token attempt to go through the motions and uphold the Constitution.

He was a TRAITOR to our country!!!! Don't you get it??? He helped kill thousands of people! He gave up his "citizenship" when he joined Al Quada! I give up....... :cuckoo:

Illegal aliens have been said to be covered by the U.S. Constitution - entitled to due process, etc. I have heartily disagreed. Liberals want to included everyone apparently ... so far not necessarily hypocrisy. Could be ideological differences.

Until today. Now the U.S. Constitution covers noncitizens but does not cover citizens. THAT is hypocrisy.

Fifth Amendment:

No person shall .... be deprived of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; ....

A warrant for his arrest was issued.

He failed to comply.

What's the problem here?
So, assassinate before the trial?

I am for taking out those who are working with our enemy or have become our enemy and their doing us harm is imminent.

Was that the case with a guy who lunched with DoD folks in Arlington not too long ago?

I don't know.

But, I am looking at this with caution now, because of that.

I'm on the fence about this, now. There's too much fishy history with this guy and the government.

He was a TRAITOR to our country!!!! Don't you get it??? He helped kill thousands of people! He gave up his "citizenship" when he joined Al Quada! I give up....... :cuckoo:

He did not officially give it up.

A whole helluva lot of people here consider Obama a traitor. A whole lot consider Bush a traitor. There are a lot of sketchy people who have offered some sort of succor to those who wish to do us harm. That is not enough to sentence an American citizen to death, not without legal proceedings.

When Obama faced some blowback after he initially put the hit order on Alwaki he talked about possibly getting an indictment. But the news story died down and he didn't follow through. He knew good and damned well that he was wrong here but we didn't hold him accountable.

And now he has shredded the fifth amendment and all these people who claim to care about the Constitution are showing that they believe they're above it.

There is a reason for due process and you guys have just flushed it down the toilet.

Last edited:

You're wrong. Any American caught giving aid and comfort to the enemy, is classified an enemy combatant. Goes back to WWI & WWII. In this case, when the guy openly declared war against the USA, he gave up his Constitutional rights to the UCMJ.
He is then subject to infantry or artillery fire, or any other means employed by troops assigned to combat the enemy. If he is captured during combat, his is to be imprisoned until such time a tribunal is available. If killed in combat, he is an enemy casualty.
Interesting. Wouldn't have pegged you as being so sympathetic toward the Civil Liberties of terrorists on foreign soil.
Liberal by convenience?

Illegal aliens have been said to be covered by the U.S. Constitution - entitled to due process, etc. I have heartily disagreed. Liberals want to included everyone apparently ... so far not necessarily hypocrisy. Could be ideological differences.

Until today. Now the U.S. Constitution covers noncitizens but does not cover citizens. THAT is hypocrisy.

Fifth Amendment:

No person shall .... be deprived of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; ....

He failed to comply.

What's the problem here?

I am for taking out those who are working with our enemy or have become our enemy and their doing us harm is imminent.

Was that the case with a guy who lunched with DoD folks in Arlington not too long ago?

I don't know.

I'm on the fence about this, now. There's too much fishy history with this guy and the government.

Keep in mind Saddam Hussein was our friend too, so was Osama Bin Laden, just because Anwar may have talked to our government before doesn't really mean much, these things change all the time.

You're wrong. Any American caught giving aid and comfort to the enemy, is classified an enemy combatant. Goes back to WWI & WWII. In this case, when the guy openly declared war against the USA, he gave up his Constitutional rights to the UCMJ.
He is then subject to infantry or artillery fire, or any other means employed by troops assigned to combat the enemy. If he is captured during combat, his is to be imprisoned until such time a tribunal is available. If killed in combat, he is an enemy casualty.
Interesting. Wouldn't have pegged you as being so sympathetic toward the Civil Liberties of terrorists on foreign soil.
Liberal by convenience?
Then, Harry Reid is an enemy combatant. He gave aid to the enemy. He didn't know it at the time, but most reasonable persons with half a brain would have known.

He failed to comply.

What's the problem here?

I don't know.

Keep in mind Saddam Hussein was our friend too, so was Osama Bin Laden, just because Anwar may have talked to our government before doesn't really mean much, these things change all the time.
I understand. But, neither of those bozos were American citizens, either. And, neither of those bozos were even indicted.

I KNOW that every single American has a right to due process. It's in the Constitution.

Liberal by convenience?

Then why isn't obama behind bars and facing a firing squad? Libya rebels ring a bell?

Liberal by convenience?

Then why isn't obama behind bars and facing a firing squad? Libya rebels ring a bell?

look, a birfer and oafer

Wow....i think you should join Amelia when she goes to arrests the next one! Lol! Wow stupid!!!!!
hAve you ever heard of due process? I don't think you have

Libyan rebels were the same people we are still fighting in Iraq al Qaeda
ever heard of them? obama gave them aid by helping them in Libya

We show how much we believe in the First Amendment when we allow even repugnant people like the Klan to hold parades.

Similarly, we show how much we believe in the Fifth Amendment when we apply due process to all American citizens.

Today we are showing how conditional are devotion to the Constitution is.

During World War II a number of German American citizens returned to the 'motherland' and joined Hitler's army. They fought against American GI's that landed at Normandy. How many of them were returned to the US for trial? I can answer that: ZERO. They were treated as enemy combatants if they got to live.

I don't get this shiite about wanting to give a person who advocated the death of Americans and the destruction of the country by violent means, a freakin trial. He moved to Yemen and we know that he had a hand in the Ft. Hood shooting, the Christmas bomber and the Times Square Bomber. Luckily, only Major Hasan had any luck.

If you move to another country, advocate and take actions that result in violence against Americans AND/OR this country, then son you are walking worm food. THAT is the way it has been and THAT is the way it should be from now on. This love affair with spending millions of dollars on show trials is a bunch of nonsense.

I am pissed off about one thing. We probably expended a Hellfire missle on this walking cum stain. You know how expensive that is? He didn't deserve anything but about 125 grains of lead.

We show how much we believe in the First Amendment when we allow even repugnant people like the Klan to hold parades.

Similarly, we show how much we believe in the Fifth Amendment when we apply due process to all American citizens.

Today we are showing how conditional are devotion to the Constitution is.

That is CRAP. We NEVER brought back any enemy combatants in WWII and there is no reason to bring him back for trial. You know, you CAN forfeit your right to protection under the constitution. What this shit stain did, pretty much tells me he's free and clear.

Forum List

Back