Assange Op Ed in The Australian newspaper

Absolutely. Civil disobedience is important to keep an out of control government in check, and Manning exposed criminal activities that our State Dept. has been involved in. He should be praised, and Hillary and Condoleezza should be in prison.
I think you could make a case for whistleblowing if he actually exposed any criminal activity...like proof of torture or war crimes. He didn't. I would be surprised, and in fact disappointed, to find that our government did not keep tabs on other governments, friendly or not. I'd also be surprised if other governments didn't keep tabs on ours.

There is nothing in what was released that anyone needs to know...except that the State Department is doing what it is supposed to do.

Stealing credit card information, banking information, physical DNA, etc... is a crime.
Show me the evidence that this was ever done...and I don't mean hysterical ranting about it, I mean the actual concrete evidence.

This sounds more and more like the stupid hysteria over climate science when things were leaked and taken out of context.

I think you could make a case for whistleblowing if he actually exposed any criminal activity...like proof of torture or war crimes. He didn't. I would be surprised, and in fact disappointed, to find that our government did not keep tabs on other governments, friendly or not. I'd also be surprised if other governments didn't keep tabs on ours.

There is nothing in what was released that anyone needs to know...except that the State Department is doing what it is supposed to do.

Stealing credit card information, banking information, physical DNA, etc... is a crime.
Show me the evidence that this was ever done...and I don't mean hysterical ranting about it, I mean the actual concrete evidence.

This sounds more and more like the stupid hysteria over climate science when things were leaked and taken out of context.

Are you saying you want the leaked files from WikiLeaks to be posted, or are you calling that the "hysterical ranting?"

Are you saying you want the leaked files from WikiLeaks to be posted, or are you calling that the "hysterical ranting?"
Yes...post the cables in question.

¶B. (S/NF) Reporting officers should include as much of the
following information as possible when they have information
relating to persons linked to : office and

STATE 00080163 002 OF 024

organizational titles; names, position titles and other
information on business cards; numbers of telephones, cell
phones, pagers and faxes; compendia of contact information,
such as telephone directories (in compact disc or electronic
format if available) and e-mail listings; internet and
intranet "handles", internet e-mail addresses, web site
identification-URLs; credit card account numbers; frequent
flyer account numbers
; work schedules, and other relevant
biographical information.

¶E. UN Management

-- Personalities, biographic and biometric information,
roles, effectiveness, management styles, and influence of key
UN officials, to include under secretaries, heads of
specialized agencies and their chief advisers, top SYG aides,
heads of peace operations and political field missions,
including force commanders.

Cable Viewer

But he is guilty of espionage.

What information has he released? Nothing that would harm the military. The only information so far as been what the government has been doing, which has not been of any military value. If Assange is silenced who's to say the government will stop there?
Locations of sensitive installations is of military value.

I was unaware of that. There's something terribly wrong here and the wrong is in the government. I would not doubt the government released some of the information to make Assange look bad. The government motto for the last 70 years as been the end justifies the means.

flyer account numbers

¶E. UN Management

Cable Viewer
Is that the cable in it's entirety? If so, it is very hard to draw a conclusion.

flyer account numbers

¶E. UN Management

Cable Viewer
Is that the cable in it's entirety? If so, it is very hard to draw a conclusion.

No, I quoted the relevant part, but the link is there if you'd like to look at it further. It's not that hard to draw a conclusion. American officials were told to steal biometric and credit card information, among other things, from UN officials, and this cable came from the Secretary of State. These are criminal acts.

No, I quoted the relevant part, but the link is there if you'd like to look at it further. It's not that hard to draw a conclusion. American officials were told to steal biometric and credit card information, among other things, from UN officials, and this cable came from the Secretary of State. These are criminal acts.
I'm not going to that site...so unless you post it in its entirety and tell me the context I can't form an opinion.

I'm not going to that site...so unless you post it in its entirety and tell me the context I can't form an opinion.

You know he can't do that it would b against board rules and copy right infringment.

You know he can't do that it would b against board rules and copy right infringment.

I don't know that it would be against board rules or copyright infringement, but I'm not going to copy and paste the entire cable, which is fairly long, regardless. However, it doesn't matter. I copied the relevant portions of the cable, if she can't form an opinion from what I've supplied she won't be able to form an opinion from the rest of the cable I don't think. As to why she doesn't want to go to the website I have no idea.

I don't know that it would be against board rules or copyright infringement, but I'm not going to copy and paste the entire cable, which is fairly long, regardless. However, it doesn't matter. I copied the relevant portions of the cable, if she can't form an opinion from what I've supplied she won't be able to form an opinion from the rest of the cable I don't think. As to why she doesn't want to go to the website I have no idea.

Copyright Guidelines:
Copyright infringement is illegal. USmessageboard.com will enforce the law. Never post an article in its entirety. When posting copyrighted material, please use small sections or link to the article. When posting copyrighted material you MUST give credit to the author in your post. You are responsible for including links/credit, regardless of how you originally came across the material.
http://www.usmessageboard.com/announcements-and-feedback/47455-usmb-rules-and-regulations.html

Let "freedom" ring... etc... etc...

Not technically a traitor means not a traitor at all, by the way. To label him a traitor would require a certain amount of judicial activism. Surely you don't want that?
Do you support what Manning did? If so, why?

Absolutely. Civil disobedience is important to keep an out of control government in check, and Manning exposed criminal activities that our State Dept. has been involved in. He should be praised, and Hillary and Condoleezza should be in prison.

What were those criminal activities by our State Dept.?

Copyright Guidelines:
Copyright infringement is illegal. USmessageboard.com will enforce the law. Never post an article in its entirety. When posting copyrighted material, please use small sections or link to the article. When posting copyrighted material you MUST give credit to the author in your post. You are responsible for including links/credit, regardless of how you originally came across the material.
http://www.usmessageboard.com/announcements-and-feedback/47455-usmb-rules-and-regulations.html

The cables are not copyrighted, there would be no copyright violation.

Copyright Guidelines:

Heres the post in question

Quote: Originally Posted by Ravi

Ravi asked him to post the whole article which would be against board rules.

Last edited:
Copyright Guidelines:

Ravi asked him to post the whole link which would be against board rules.

The board rules refer to copyrighted material - articles from newspapers, etc. Most everything on the internet is copyrighted material.

The cables are not copyrighted material. They are now public domain, which means you're free to post as much of them as you want, according to copyright law.

The board rules may be different, I'm not a mod or admin. But there would be no copyright violation.

The board rules refer to copyrighted material - articles from newspapers, etc. Most everything on the internet is copyrighted material.

The cables are not copyrighted material. They are now public domain, which means you're free to post as much of them as you want, according to copyright law.

The board rules may be different, I'm not a mod or admin. But there would be no copyright violation.

I'm not getting into a debate over board rules
Copyright Guidelines:

End of discussion

Copyright Guidelines:

End of discussion
You missed the relevant part of that rule. (The part I highlighted).

The cables are NOT an "article".

This argument is retarded, I'm not going to continue it. But you might want to do a bit of research into copyright law.

Last edited:

Copyright Guidelines:

End of discussion

Except that the cables are NOT an "article". The argument is retarded, I'm not going to continue it. But you might want to do a bit of research into copyright law.

One more time I said it was against board rules. Now I'm through

This guy should be kept in jail for as long as possible. He is a menace to society.

Copyright Guidelines:

End of discussion

Except that the cables are NOT an "article". The argument is retarded, I'm not going to continue it. But you might want to do a bit of research into copyright law.

One more time I said it was against board rules. Now I'm through

Whatever you say.

Forum List

Back