Assange influenced by "American libertarianism, market libertarianism"

Kevin_Kennedy

Defend Liberty
Aug 27, 2008
You've developed a reputation as anti-establishment and anti-institution.

Not at all. Creating a well-run establishment is a difficult thing to do, and I've been in countries where institutions are in a state of collapse, so I understand the difficulty of running a company. Institutions don't come from nowhere.

It's not correct to put me in any one philosophical or economic camp, because I've learned from many. But one is American libertarianism, market libertarianism. So as far as markets are concerned I'm a libertarian, but I have enough expertise in politics and history to understand that a free market ends up as monopoly unless you force them to be free.

WikiLeaks is designed to make capitalism more free and ethical.

Assange: I'm Influenced by "American libertarianism, market libertarianism" - Hit & Run : Reason Magazine

I might take issue with his comment that "a free market ends up as monopoly unless you force them to be free" depending on what he meant by that remark, but exposing the state for what it is, a lying criminal organization, is certainly a good thing.

Not at all. Creating a well-run establishment is a difficult thing to do, and I've been in countries where institutions are in a state of collapse, so I understand the difficulty of running a company. Institutions don't come from nowhere.

It's not correct to put me in any one philosophical or economic camp, because I've learned from many. But one is American libertarianism, market libertarianism. So as far as markets are concerned I'm a libertarian, but I have enough expertise in politics and history to understand that a free market ends up as monopoly unless you force them to be free.

Assange: I'm Influenced by "American libertarianism, market libertarianism" - Hit & Run : Reason Magazine

I might take issue with his comment that "a free market ends up as monopoly unless you force them to be free" depending on what he meant by that remark, but exposing the state for what it is, a lying criminal organization, is certainly a good thing.

^^^ That's why I'm not a libertarian.... they're so fucking naive.

I'm a libertarian, but I have enough expertise in politics and history to understand that a free market ends up as monopoly unless you force them to be free.

He is a libertarian with a streak of reality.

Unfettered markets lead to disaster

Ass-ange is influenced by money fame power and anger.

This guy needs to be flogged.

That..in no way gives him the right to put up unfiltered stolen classified material.

I am all for whistle blowers...and people who ferret out hidden crimes..but I am not for anyone putting lives at risk to grandstand.

Interesting because everything i've ever read about him indicated he was just your average hardcore Anti-American Leftist. You're giving us a different perspective on Assange. Thanks.

That..in no way gives him the right to put up unfiltered stolen classified material.

I am all for whistle blowers...and people who ferret out hidden crimes..but I am not for anyone putting lives at risk to grandstand.

What Manning did was not 'whistle blowing', it was treason.

You're not a libertarian because you believe in the efficacy of state coercion.

I'm a libertarian, but I have enough expertise in politics and history to understand that a free market ends up as monopoly unless you force them to be free.

He is a libertarian with a streak of reality.

Unfettered markets lead to disaster

He could be referring, as a libertarian would, that free markets end up as monopoly unless you force the government to let them be free.

Good thing he hasn't put any lives at risk then.

Telling me what I believe makes you look stupid as well as naive.

Actually, he has.

Because of these leaks, other countries security services are now hesitant to share information with us. Because they aren't sharing, we don't know stuff... and we don't know what we don't know... (that's called a 'known unknown'... ie, we know that there is something we don't know)... that information - that other countries now won't give us - could help us to stop a terrorist attack.

Ergo, because of this little traitor, Manning, and that bastard, Assange, US lives are in greater danger than they were previously.

What Manning did was not 'whistle blowing', it was treason.

Swallow doesn't know the difference.

Telling me what I believe makes you look stupid as well as naive.

You're a statist. That's why you're mad at WikiLeaks. They showed the U.S. state for what it is, a criminal organization. So you want to label the people at WikiLeaks criminals because they exposed the truth rather than look at the real criminals.

Sure he has. Iraqis that cooperated with American forces.

Actually, he has.

Because of these leaks, other countries security services are now hesitant to share information with us. Because they aren't sharing, we don't know stuff... and we don't know what we don't know... (that's called a 'known unknown'... ie, we know that there is something we don't know)... that information - that other countries now won't give us - could help us to stop a terrorist attack.

Ergo, because of this little traitor, Manning, and that bastard, Assange, US lives are in greater danger than they were previously.

Actually, American lives are in danger because the U.S. government has to continually stir up a hornets nest around the world rather than minding their own business.

Forum List

Back