Asked about "demand" and Paul Ryan has no answer.

RDeany::

Asked about "demand" and Paul Ryan has no answer.

That's OK since our economic advisors in this Admin have been clueless about "demand" also. We have everything from Nancy Pelosi claiming that FoodStamps stimulate demand to Cash for Clunkers where you stimulate demand by destroying perfectly good cars..

But the sad truth is RDean -- if you look at your window instead of Dem Underground -- is that DEMAND has GROSSLY changed. It's changed because we are now dominantly a SERVICE economy. And one of the important diffs is that it's MUCH more capital intensive to expand jobs and multiply stimulus with Service industries. Takes much more capital risk per job expanded to get the same effect as manufacturing. And it doesn't take as many new RETAIL level new hires to accomodate increased demand as it does to expand MANUFACTURING.

Unfortunately, your shallow approach to everything political is likely to increase the number of container ships docking in Long Beach from Asia -- but not much else. And if Obama doesn't get a NEW TEAM with some PRACTICAL knowledge of what's actually happening --- criticizing Repubs is only gonna make your team look even stupider.. (If that's possible)..

I think that's not true. But I'll have to check the record. It is very rare though.

I could be wrong. I remember reading something about it, but it could have been about them not being elected. I would welcome a correction if you have one.

James Garfield

That is what I get for relying on memory. The article I read actually said modern times, not ever.

There is an interesting quirk in that Garfield was actually elected to the Senate when he was nominated as the Republican candidate. He never actually served, but he was, technically, a Senator. Don't worry, I still give this to you, I was wrong.

There might be someone else. I wouldnt have known this except some politician mentioned it in regard to Michelle Bachmann

Forum List

Back