Soldier Loses Legs To Surgery Mishap SACRAMENTO, Ca. - Airman Colton Read lost both of his due legs to a blotched gall-bladder surgery. Read Went into Travis Air Force base to have a routine laparoscopic surgery to remove his gall-bladder. Reads wife, Jessica, and mother Sherry where shocked to learn that the surgery had been performed by a resident, a doctor in training. The procedure went horribly wrong when the resident accidentally severed Coltons aortic valve. It took over eight hours to transport Read to the UC Davis Medical Center in Sacramento, a state hospital only 40 minutes away. We were told that if it had been within a six hour period, the limbs could have been saved, Sherry Read told reporters. Travis Air Force Base Spokesperson, Holly Hess, says that there is an exhaustive review with experts from outside the medical center, as well as an internal investigation to figure out what really happened. Coltons wife tries to remain optimistic. His mother Sherry though, is heart broken. We have it in writing that my sons very first question was is he going to continue with his career. ********* Oh yeah, and BTW... they never did get his gallbladder out. Amazing fact #2, since 1950, it's not possible to sue the government for blotched medical care. Anybody heard Obama saying he'll remove that law from the books?