Ask the Christian...................

-Cp

Sep 23, 2004
Earth
Do folks who die "in their sins" really go to 'hell' for all eternity, or just for a period of time?

If so, what exactly IS Hell?

Do you think it's eternal torment or just eternal separation from God?

-Cp said:
Do folks who die "in their sins" really go to 'hell' for all eternity, or just for a period of time?

If so, what exactly IS Hell?

Do you think it's eternal torment or just eternal separation from God?

I think Revelation's pretty clear when it says, "The smoke of their torment shall rise up forever and ever."

Hobbit said:
I think Revelation's pretty clear when it says, "The smoke of their torment shall rise up forever and ever."

The smoke of who's torment?

I think it's clear, not just from Revelation but from the Gospels, that those who die without salvation from Jesus can expect to be sentenced to hell, which is a place in which souls are punished through fire.

deaddude said:
Why? What is the logic behind that particular idea?

Because a day is coming soon when you will be asked to surrender your allegiance to satan. He will seem like a great guy. He will be a world leader. He will unify the world after a coming war, and after America has been devastated by tsunamis generated by asteroids. You will be asked to swear allegiance to his new world religion, and to accept an chip into your body, that will be your account number in the global commerce system, which he will control. If you resist you must have a plan to survive, a connection to an underground community, to help you survive.

You choose your fate at this point. If you accept the chip, you are condemned to hell. The other way leads to god.

www.rif.org

Yep, I'm looking forward to sitting around with all the guys in Heaven like this:

(several guys)

"So, what'd you die from?"
"Dude, I so blew up my truck on this sweet jump! How about you?"
"Oh, got killed by a bear on a hunting trip. You?"
"Cancer. Quite painful, but you get a lot of attention and plenty of time to say goodbye. How about you?"
"I got jumped by some guy in an alley. I cut on him a bit, but then he pulled a gun. I think he just wanted my wallet. How 'bout you, kid?" (points at me)
"DUDE! I died fighting in the FRICKIN' APOCALYPSE! I took down, like, 20 of them before they finally got to me."
(everyone else)"Whoaaaaaaaa!!!"

rtwngAvngr said:
Because a day is coming soon when you will be asked to surrender your allegiance to satan. He will seem like a great guy. He will be a world leader. He will unify the world after a coming war, and after America has been devastated by tsunamis generated by asteroids. You will be asked to swear allegiance to his new world religion, and to accept an chip into your body, that will be your account number in the global commerce system, which he will control. If you resist you must have a plan to survive, a connection to an underground community, to help you survive.

You choose your fate at this point. If you accept the chip, you are condemned to hell. The other way leads to god.

www.rif.org

What if you take the chip on your left hand?

gop_jeff said:
In other words, the Mark of the Beast, which Revelation says is a one-way ticket to hell.

That's what I was talking about. The chip is being implanted involuntarily into prisoners in the UK, you can also voluntarily get the chip in your hand or forehead. What if you choose your left instead of right hand? And if you are forced to take the chip against your will then, even in the Left Behind series, you were not held accountable.

"Hell" is the seperation between you & Christ. Thus the eternal seperation in the end. The smoke that Hobbit referred to is when Christ destoys all evidence of sin when he cleanses the earth. You can find this in Revelation 20 & 21. Verese 14 says that death & hell are thrown into the lake of fire.

Joz said:
"Hell" is the seperation between you & Christ. Thus the eternal seperation in the end. The smoke that Hobbit referred to is when Christ destoys all evidence of sin when he cleanses the earth. You can find this in Revelation 20 & 21. Verese 14 says that death & hell are thrown into the lake of fire.

Actually, it says that Death and Hades are thrown into the lake of fire. Hades does not equal hell.

gop_jeff said:
Actually, it says that Death and Hades are thrown into the lake of fire. Hades does not equal hell.
No actually in the King James version and also the New Life version verse 14 says "death and hell". I'm aware that Hades does not equal hell.

Joz said:
No actually in the King James version and also the New Life version verse 14 says "death and hell". I'm aware that Hades does not equal hell.

Greek says Hades: 14και ο θανατος και ο αδης εβληθησαν εις την λιμνην του πυρος ουτος εστιν ο δευτερος θανατος.

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=rev 20:14;&version=70;

gop_jeff said:
Greek says Hades: 14και ο θανατος και ο αδης εβληθησαν εις την λιμνην του πυρος ουτος εστιν ο δευτερος θανατος.

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=rev 20:14;&version=70;

And the point of it is not what the Greek word says... the point is that hell is a very real place, complete with fire, brimstone, and eternal suffering. Yes, it is separation from God, but it's not just separation from God.

You misunderstand me. Why does god need to cast all non christians into hell?
It seems illogical

Forum List

Back