Ask the Agnostic

White chocolate macadamia nut, or peanut butter chocolate chip.

OK.......here's a question, O.....wise Agnostic One. :cool:

A famous comedian named Bill Cosby asked this question many years back........and in fact used it as a title to one of his LP albums.

Why Is There Air? :huh:

rtwngAvngr said:
Satan's biggest success was convincing people he doesn't exist.

Yes, and those that believe in God have used this saying to scare people into believing...

Could it not be that there is no God and no Satan and therefore nothing was 'convinced'?

rtwngAvngr said:
Satan exists and he espouses liberalism. You need look no further than the evil hypocrisy of libs holding candlelight vigils to save mass murderers from the chair, and yet refusing to acknowledge the very existence of life in innocent babies.

I came to god through process of eliminating what was obviously evil.

funny thing....i know people that are against the death penalty and pro life....i also know pro death penalty pro choice people and everything in between

Eightball said:

A famous comedian named Bill Cosby asked this question many years back........and in fact used it as a title to one of his LP albums.

every planet has "air"...a better question is why does it this air support human life

manu1959 said:
funny thing....i know people that are against the death penalty and pro life....i also know pro death penalty pro choice people and everything in between

Yes. I am by no means imlplying a litmus test of any sort.

Eightball said:

Because if there wasn't air, Bill Cosby wouldn't be alive to ask why there was air. If humans needed sulphuric acid to live, we would have a comedian asking "Why Is There Sulphuric Acid?".

Shattered said:
To say there *is* a God, you must know all. That's pretty pretentious.

It's only pretentious to those who don't believe in truth.

The "pretention" would presumably come from someone saying that his beliefs are more true than someone else's.

1) What is the point in saying you believe anything if you don't hold it to be more true than other things? Isn't that the meaning of the word believe?

2)Just because someone believes something doesn't mean they consider themselves to be better than others. For instance, truth doesn't come from me, it comes from God who is above all things and created all things. Just because I believe the things that God has chosen to reveal doesn't mean that I think I am better. Sometimes, it makes me worse.

Forum List

Back