Ask, Tell

No where in there are they allowed to give orders. They set some rules, I'll give you that. The declaration of war is not an order, it's permission to the President to go to war. Congress can't order a tug boat to move, or advance/retreat 1 soldier. That's what I was talking about.

They make nearly ALL the rules for the military. And a declaration of war is indeed an order to engage or retreat.

Congress WROTE the uniform code of military justice:

Uniform Code of Military Justice - UCMJ

Anyone can be a moron straight or gay. Glad to see your enlightened. LOL

Well tell me Einstein how's this locker room gonna work. Why not just mix the sexes?

Don't bother asking this. the line is the Vets need to suck it up and take it. 3% of the population is gay so fuck the rights of the other 97%.

It was very, very bothersome to shower when the gay guy was around, but I was fortunate enough not to have one as a room mate. They tended to get apartments in town, as a courtesy to the rest of us.

I would guess that most if not all straight guys sweating about the gay guy looking at their junk is not going to have that happen....except perhaps with laughter.

What people tend to forget (or they twist it) is that gays already have the same rights to serve as anyone else. What they want now is special privileges. Sorry but this old Sergeant will not accept it as right. DADT gives them the choice to serve or not. What the hell else do you need.....

So it's a "special privilege" to serve in the military without having to lie about who you are?

Hmmmmmm. Interesting take on that. :eusa_eh:

What people tend to forget (or they twist it) is that gays already have the same rights to serve as anyone else. What they want now is special privileges. Sorry but this old Sergeant will not accept it as right. DADT gives them the choice to serve or not. What the hell else do you need.....

Why is it a special privilege for a gay person to carry a picture of or mention their boyfriend in conversation, but it is normal and acceptable for a straight person to carry a picture of or mention their girlfriend in conversation?

Or does DADT ban everyone, gay or straight, from discussing any thing to do with sexuality, sex, or sexual partners?

Why is it a special privilege for a gay person to carry a picture of or mention their boyfriend in conversation, but it is normal and acceptable for a straight person to carry a picture of or mention their girlfriend in conversation?

Or does DADT ban everyone, gay or straight, from discussing any thing to do with sexuality, sex, or sexual partners?

No, only gay servicemembers have to watch out about referring to their loved ones. Somehow, that equates to gay servicemembers having "special rights". :doubt:

I never had Males and Females sleeping in the same room or same tent.....

Or using the same shower facilities at the same time.

I have....and I'm Navy so it's even less common for me to be in the Field. We were too tired to care....just doing what we need to do.

When the hell did that happen?

I was on subs and ships. There are no women on subs and on ships they had thier own space.

On shore duty, we shared the same building, but never in the same room. It simply was not allowed.

Unless you are talking about a poorly planned trip of some kind, I'm having a hard time buying this.

I have....and I'm Navy so it's even less common for me to be in the Field. We were too tired to care....just doing what we need to do.

I was on subs and ships. There are no women on subs and on ships they had thier own space.

On shore duty, we shared the same building, but never in the same room. It simply was not allowed.

Unless you are talking about a poorly planned trip of some kind, I'm having a hard time buying this.

Had I permitted that in the US Army I never would have made it to retirement. We all know it's a stretch of the truth. Just a war story to go with the subject, it never happened.

Had I permitted that in the US Army I never would have made it to retirement. We all know it's a stretch of the truth. Just a war story to go with the subject, it never happened.

We called it "scuttle butt".

It may have happend by accident. But I know it wasn't on purpose. The Navy won't do things that will get it sued.

Land survival, SERE School. And we were so exhausted from doing what they had us do that three of us slept in a tent the size for two people. I had a male Marine 1stLT on one side, a PO2 Aircrewman on the other side....slept like the dead.

Have to admit, the guys were nice enough to rig me a sitting toilet so I didn't have to lean against trees.

Furthermore, my suite mate in Corpus was male and we had no locks on our inner doors...not one problem. In fact, he introduced me to Dungeons & Dragons.

Last edited:
Had I permitted male and females to sleep in the same tent under any circumstances I would have been history. The US Army didn't play with that kind of stuff. Therefore I find this difficult to believe. Simply too much chance of a major problem.

Forum List

Back