Ask G.T. anything re: Diet and Exercise.

Hi GT,

I moderately workout just about everyday, walking, tai chi, a little bit of stretching via yoga and an elliptical plus some weight work, I eat only foods that have nutritive value and I meditate consistently. I'm not overweight and I feel stress at work but I deal with it. I don't smoke ciggies or drink alcohol. But then again I hear wine can be a good thing.

Is there a point where workouts can be excessive and counterproductive especially as we begin to age? I've been interested in Dr. Oz and his research on how cluster groups of people in certain areas of the world tend to live so long.

I also believe staying happy can help you live longer.

Looking for Longevity with Oprah and Dr. Oz

What do you think about the Blue Zones?

Sarah,

Thanks for the article. It was well-written and I'm often intrigued by the stories of people who enjoy longevity. Dr. Oz sounds slightly like me, in-that he spends most of his day taking care of his body.

Your question is an interesting one. There's a good medium involved, and I do believe excess can be detrimental. But what can excess look like>? Well, running for instance on pavement is bad for the knees and joints, especially as you get older. In that, I'd limit running on pavement (distance-wise), or, stick to your elliptical and tread-mill types of cardio as they make for less impact on the joints.

As far as the actual amount of cardio on your heart, there's different answers everywhere you look. A lot of magazines say 20-minutes of cardio a day is sufficient, others say 60. Fact is, they're all :cuckoo: because they don't know who you are, what you eat, how's your metabolism, how's your joints and arthritic conditions, etc..etc....

I think you see my point.

In essence, there will be all sorts of people telling you the who's hows and whys. I think that the best advice is to learn your own body. Exercise to the point where the next day, it doesn't leave you feeling drained but actually more envigorated. When you find that threshold, stay there and constant listen to what your body is telling you. I believe your body knows what's best for it, and knows better than me, or any trainer or nutritionist.

I discovered my body "telling me" things when I started to eat "perfect," to the point of exaggeration to people like you or I, but "normal" to these blue zone people. After my body adjusted, I needed WAY less food to feel fulfilled, and anytime I ate something greasy or too "artificial," my body felt sick as though it began to reject it. Perhaps in this modern, busy era, we're all "used to" these disgusting, fake foods to the point where our bodies no-longer react as they should to them (poison).

I hope this all helps; sounds like you're already taking excellent care of yourself.

When asian men get all sweaty, they smell like wet rice. EEEWWWWW!
Any other advice?

Absolutely. Limit your alcohol-intake, and the amount of people you find attractive enough to have sex with will drastically decrease.

I don't drink, it makes me do crazy stuff. I need help for the soreness.

There's always the obvious: have less sex. But something tells me you'll scoff at the idea so here's a few tips:

#1. Use a gigantic "toy," and use it often. This will cause a stretching effect probably and although your luvins will be less sensible for your male counterparts, it won't be so painful for yourself personally.

#2. Take pain pills, but don't get addicted.

#3. Use more lube.

#4. Try finishing faster, and putting less miles on your uh...area.

Try these, get back to me if none work.

I don't drink, it makes me do crazy stuff. I need help for the soreness.

There's always the obvious: have less sex. But something tells me you'll scoff at the idea so here's a few tips:

#1. Use a gigantic "toy," and use it often. This will cause a stretching effect probably and although your luvins will be less sensible for your male counterparts, it won't be so painful for yourself personally.

#2. Take pain pills, but don't get addicted.

#3. Use more lube.

#4. Try finishing faster, and putting less miles on your uh...area.

Try these, get back to me if none work.

G.T.-I think your responses to this troll were hilarious! Way to go! :clap2:

Have you checked under his/her name lately? Gotta love those sock puppets! :lol:

G.T.-I think your responses to this troll were hilarious! Way to go! :clap2:

Have you checked under his/her name lately? Gotta love those sock puppets! :lol:

aha, I noticed now she's banned. Nice!!~

I don't mind the trolls so much this morning as I did when I made the thread, because since then actual people have utilized the thread.

Side note: UFC 100 is this Saturday, also my Buurfday!:razz:

okay what can i do to prevent or reduce a baker's cyst on my knee? and this is my good knee....so to speak...the other one i injured very young....that aint getting better....but i do need my left one to work a wee bit better....i know that the pounding is walking down hill or steps....so i avoid that...

okay what can i do to prevent or reduce a baker's cyst on my knee? and this is my good knee....so to speak...the other one i injured very young....that aint getting better....but i do need my left one to work a wee bit better....i know that the pounding is walking down hill or steps....so i avoid that...

I'd have surgery to remove the swollen tissue causing the cyst and then it won't come back. When I had a torn meniscus, the swelling was awful and without fluid drainage (which is also a temporary, but repetative option for you) my knee would balloon-up and I couldn't barely make stairs, let alone run.

If you don't like surgery, google tells me cortisone shots may help but not necessarily cure.

aha, I noticed now she's banned. Nice!!~

I don't mind the trolls so much this morning as I did when I made the thread, because since then actual people have utilized the thread.

Side note: UFC 100 is this Saturday, also my Buurfday!:razz:

An early "Happy Birthday to you", then. Hope it's a great one. :D

vg-happy-birthday.jpg

How are Sarah, Zulu and Rodishi doing?

Great thanks for asking! I didn't work out during the Holiday Weekend, but back to the routine, and feeling great! I love working out, and how I feel afterwards! Yesterday was lifting on the machines, today is cardio.

Why are the things that are so Bad for ya so Fuckin' Good?...

Gravy is Fucking AMAZING... And Unhealthy than a MotherFucker...

Why can't the Brains get that Shit Fixed?...

:)

peace..

Why are the things that are so Bad for ya so Fuckin' Good?...

Gravy is Fucking AMAZING... And Unhealthy than a MotherFucker...

Why can't the Brains get that Shit Fixed?...

peace..

I think the brains, assuming you mean food scientists (dont know their actual title) work on it as hard as they can, which is why you have carb-free, things or low-carb things that still taste sugarry, etc. Problem: it's never as-good-tasting, and most people (including myself) are and should be kind of weary of "fake shit," so to speak.

I do have tricks and tips to a good diet though, Mal. Things that make an otherwise bland tasting meal spruced up. You can even make a low-carb, fat free chicken parm dish. There's a whole world of inventive "healthy" meals that can keep you company as you work toward a goal.

I do have tricks and tips to a good diet though, Mal. Things that make an otherwise bland tasting meal spruced up. You can even make a low-carb, fat free chicken parm dish. There's a whole world of inventive "healthy" meals that can keep you company as you work toward a goal.

About 40lbs is my Goal... 210ish. <What I want to be.

Stressful Year, the last one was...

Anyway, I might PM ya about that sometime.

peace...

You peeps do know if you eat healthy (1,500-2,000 Calories a day depending on size) and exercise you can eat whatever you want.

That doesn't mean a steady diet of mashed potatoes and gravy every day, but you can eat your comfort foods in moderation, (keeping at that calories level-make sure you have a lot of fruits, veggies, lean protein and LOTS of water of course).

Then, with exercise you WILL lose weight!

You peeps do know if you eat healthy (1,500-2,000 Calories a day depending on size) and exercise you can eat whatever you want.

That doesn't mean a steady diet of mashed potatoes and gravy every day, but you can eat your comfort foods in moderation, (keeping at that calories level-make sure you have a lot of fruits, veggies, lean protein and LOTS of water of course).

Then, with exercise you WILL lose weight!

This is true but I don't teach it to those trying to lose a good amount for two reasons:

#1. It can be discouraging to them if the weight doesn't come off at a quicker rate, and they're more apt to quit.

#2. In my opinion, eating "bad things," even in moderation isn't all that great for losing a good amount but more-so for sustaining a certain weight. (especially for those with slow metabolism, which is most people trying to lose weight). So at first I teach the "cut," which is not an unhealthy diet and not "dramatically" fast weight-loss which is bad for you, but it doesn't employ junk-food-in-moderation theory.

After they are a little bit BEYOND their goal, which is usually a person's homeostasis, I cycle them back onto the "junk-in-moderation" thing which enables them to keep the weight off without feeling deprived.

I agree with the "everything in moderation" theory, I just employ it at a different time. :)

Forum List

Back