Ask G.T. anything re: Diet and Exercise.

I figured I'd bump this thread in case anyone's looking to get started.

I was browsing info regarding Obesity in this Country, and it's pretty fucking disgusting what the trends are doing.

Yeah... I haven't Changed a thing... Just this Weekend started Excercising... Again.

Goal is at least 40lbs.

:)

peace...

To be real with ya, it's not a fun lifestyle and it comes with some sacrifice.

Think of it this way: we're blessed with all of this updated technology, toys galore both adult and child, an internet that makes libraries almost irrelevant, and a life of convenience has been bestowed upon us by Capitalism, in its purest form. We are the Remote Control age.

But if you believe in earning shit, than not only should we work to BUY all of this shit and enjoy it, but we should also make a sacrifice physically and not just consider ourselves "blessed" and be done with it. People used to actually have to walk up to the TV and turn the dial, and unless you invented the remote control you should make some sort of commitment to show you earned using this technology, not that you just let it fall into your hands and are glad to become fat and sloppy.

I mean, I have this man code down pat, but it's just an opinion.

And I know it's hard, and I know that it's easy to roll the eyes at it and name all of the things that keep us too busy, but that makes me feel even better to maintain a warrior's body despite my awful metabolism.

Junk-food is considered a drug now, by me. If I indulge, then it's considered a relapse. I'm going to abstain completely for as long as possible. Bruce Lee's physique was a benchmark for me, it's about met. I'm happy. I miss junk food, but I'm happier than when I didn't miss it.

end rant

Yeah... I haven't Changed a thing... Just this Weekend started Excercising... Again.

Goal is at least 40lbs.

peace...

Think of it this way: we're blessed with all of this updated technology, toys galore both adult and child, an internet that makes libraries almost irrelevant, and a life of convenience has been bestowed upon us by Capitalism, in its purest form. We are the Remote Control age.

But if you believe in earning shit, than not only should we work to BUY all of this shit and enjoy it, but we should also make a sacrifice physically and not just consider ourselves "blessed" and be done with it. People used to actually have to walk up to the TV and turn the dial, and unless you invented the remote control you should make some sort of commitment to show you earned using this technology, not that you just let it fall into your hands and are glad to become fat and sloppy.

And I know it's hard, and I know that it's easy to roll the eyes at it and name all of the things that keep us too busy, but that makes me feel even better to maintain a warrior's body despite my awful metabolism.

Junk-food is considered a drug now, by me. If I indulge, then it's considered a relapse. I'm going to abstain completely for as long as possible. Bruce Lee's physique was a benchmark for me, it's about met. I'm happy. I miss junk food, but I'm happier than when I didn't miss it.

end rant

I'm Blessed with a Job that had me Averaging 17 hours a Week OT last year... ;)

Got (2) Kids...

When it's Peaking at Work I can Work 25 to 35 Hours OT...

I don't Sleep much so that I can see my Kids in the Evenings...

That has me @ Work at 2 and 3 in the AM sometimes.

Not an Excuse, just a Reality.

My Brother-in-Law who is soon to NOT be, wants me to Work out with him...

He Works out 3 Hours a Night.

No Kids... And Currently "Single" while Divorcing.

I told him, that's the 3 Hours I Sleep, Motherfucker!... :lol:

peace...

BruceLeeMyHero.jpg.png

Goal is at least 40lbs.

peace...

end rant

Got (2) Kids...

peace...

You're using reality as an excuse as if there's no way around that reality. Even with no exercise at all, if you could eat right and working that many hours, you'd maintain a correct balance, weight wise.

That, and anyone can find @ least 20 minutes.Try creativity.

The kids thing is my favorite, because if you can't sacrifice time now for your own vessel, your kids are likely to lose their dad altogether earlier than they really should have.

end rant

Got (2) Kids...

peace...

You're using reality as an excuse as if there's no way around that reality. Even with no exercise at all, if you could eat right and working that many hours, you'd maintain a correct balance, weight wise.

That, and anyone can find @ least 20 minutes.Try creativity.

I haven't Gained... So I am Maintaining... Looking for Time to Excercise is the Goal.

peace...

The kids thing is my favorite, because if you can't sacrifice time now for your own vessel, your kids are likely to lose their dad altogether earlier than they really should have.

If I was 350 or 400lbs, I would Entertain that...

I am 40lbs over @ 38 Years...

I am not Teetering on the Edge of a Heart Attack...

I get Annual Check-ups and Require NO Meds.

peace...

Forum List

Back