Ask A Guy Who Lost 40 Pounds Eating "Primal" Anything!

You don't eat sandwiches? I love rolls. I don't think I could live without them.

I love bread. Ciabatta bread? Yummy! I like artisan breads. Delicious!

It was very easy for me. I stopped consuming all grains and felt so good, slept well, more energy....and more, that it was easy. Try it for two weeks and see for yourself.

All grains turn to sugar in the body. You might as well eat a cup of sugar every day. Grain consumption is linked to heart disease and dementia. This is to say nothing of the unknown potential for harm from the GMOs, now in all grains.

I probably do eat a cup of sugar a day not even counting the bread. You would die if you saw how much sugar I put in my coffee! My grandmother used to be like "Oh Christine! You are going to get diabetes!" :lol:

Ahem. Let's not talk about candy then. :D
Well then...you have a lot of work to do.

Eliminate sugar and grains for two weeks. Can you do it?

No, and do I want to? No. I feel fine actually. While I do probably overdo it with sugar, I eat most food in moderation, and I stop eating when I'm no longer hungry.

I do notice that at restaurants, the bread really fills me up though. If I eat the bread before my meal, I can't eat my meal because I'm just not hungry anymore.

I have heard of other people who do not feel fine and gain a lot of weight from breads and stuff. I wonder if they have a negative reaction to something in it for some reason? I mean, there are people who eat whatever they want (that includes bread and other things) and are healthy and live long lives.
Well...I am not willing to take a chance on my health.

If these two doctors are just half right, you will WANT to stop sugar and grain consumption today.

51eBfwH0kxL._SY346_.jpg

51KxsObdCrL._SY346_.jpg

I'm skinny and feel fine though. :dunno: I just had a complete physical (for my job) last year and everything came back normal. No diabetes, no high cholesterol, no high blood pressure, nothing is wrong with me and I eat bread every day.

It was very easy for me. I stopped consuming all grains and felt so good, slept well, more energy....and more, that it was easy. Try it for two weeks and see for yourself.

All grains turn to sugar in the body. You might as well eat a cup of sugar every day. Grain consumption is linked to heart disease and dementia. This is to say nothing of the unknown potential for harm from the GMOs, now in all grains.

I probably do eat a cup of sugar a day not even counting the bread. You would die if you saw how much sugar I put in my coffee! My grandmother used to be like "Oh Christine! You are going to get diabetes!" :lol:

No, and do I want to? No. I feel fine actually. While I do probably overdo it with sugar, I eat most food in moderation, and I stop eating when I'm no longer hungry.

I do notice that at restaurants, the bread really fills me up though. If I eat the bread before my meal, I can't eat my meal because I'm just not hungry anymore.

I have heard of other people who do not feel fine and gain a lot of weight from breads and stuff. I wonder if they have a negative reaction to something in it for some reason? I mean, there are people who eat whatever they want (that includes bread and other things) and are healthy and live long lives.

If these two doctors are just half right, you will WANT to stop sugar and grain consumption today.

51eBfwH0kxL._SY346_.jpg

51KxsObdCrL._SY346_.jpg

I'm skinny and feel fine though. :dunno: I just had a complete physical (for my job) last year and everything came back normal. No diabetes, no high cholesterol, no high blood pressure, nothing is wrong with me and I eat bread every day.
If you are consuming that much sugar and grains, you will very likely have health problems as you age.

Just try eliminating them for two weeks. You will feel much better...I guarantee it.

If you need motivation, read those two books and you will be scared straight.

You don't eat sandwiches? I love rolls. I don't think I could live without them.

I love bread. Ciabatta bread? Yummy! I like artisan breads. Delicious!

51eBfwH0kxL._SY346_.jpg

51KxsObdCrL._SY346_.jpg
Isn't the processing most of the problem tho? Are these doctors saying whole grains and brown rice are bad too?

51eBfwH0kxL._SY346_.jpg

51KxsObdCrL._SY346_.jpg
Isn't the processing most of the problem tho? Are these doctors saying whole grains and brown rice are bad too?
ALL GRAINS ARE BAD!!! As the body digests grains...ALL GRAINS, it turns them into SUGAR. You might as well eat cake all day.

Do not buy the bullshit that whole grains are good.

Read the books...they are cheap to buy on Amazon and might save your life.

51eBfwH0kxL._SY346_.jpg

51KxsObdCrL._SY346_.jpg
ALL GRAINS ARE BAD!!! As the body digests grains...ALL GRAINS, it turns them into SUGAR. You might as well eat cake all day.

Cake is refined sugar, food coloring and flour. The problem I have with these paleo doctors is it's like a religion for them. No, not all grains are the same and plenty more doctors who study diet are not condemning all grains, they are recommending them. Too much is bad but a lot of people have lived long healthy lives before the paleo fad came along.

51eBfwH0kxL._SY346_.jpg

51KxsObdCrL._SY346_.jpg

Cake is refined sugar, food coloring and flour. The problem I have with these paleo doctors is it's like a religion for them. No, not all grains are the same and plenty more doctors who study diet are not condemning all grains, they are recommending them. Too much is bad but a lot of people have lived long healthy lives before the paleo fad came along.
True enough. Problem is it is very difficult to know who is right and who is wrong. One thing we know for sure is the government is wrong and is not protecting the food supply.

No one knows the long term affects of consuming GMO grains. We know Monsanto and other large corporations control politicians and our government...foriegn governments have banned GMOs, but not the USA. I am not willing to take a chance, so I have nearly eliminated grains and sugar from my diet.

I do not consider my diet Paleo, but it is close to it.

51eBfwH0kxL._SY346_.jpg

51KxsObdCrL._SY346_.jpg

True enough. Problem is it is very difficult to know who is right and who is wrong. One thing we know for sure is the government is wrong and is not protecting the food supply.

No one knows the long term affects of consuming GMO grains. We know Monsanto and other large corporations control politicians and our government...foriegn governments have banned GMOs, but not the USA. I am not willing to take a chance, so I have nearly eliminated grains and sugar from my diet.

I don't trust the government either, the food group thing is wrong, needs updating but I don't need government telling me what to eat anyway.

I just know a lot of people have studied it and all but a few are claiming grains are bad for us. But we are all different too, your body is the best decider.

51eBfwH0kxL._SY346_.jpg

51KxsObdCrL._SY346_.jpg

I don't trust the government either, the food group thing is wrong, needs updating but I don't need government telling me what to eat anyway.

I just know a lot of people have studied it and all but a few are claiming grains are bad for us. But we are all different too, your body is the best decider.
Yes.

When I stopped consuming grains, I almost instantly felt better in numerous ways. I read the two books cited above and the conclusions rendered made perfect sense to me. Please note that both authors cite the work of many doctors and researchers, who concluded regular grain consumption dangerous.

I tend to think the many new or newer illnesses many Americans are now experiencing, has a lot to do with the horrible American diet. Our food supply is contaminated with numerous harmful chemicals and GMOs, while our huge and omnipresent government does nothing about it.

Last edited:
Here is another great book. I just finished it and recommend it highly. Our government is colluding with Big Food, to poison us. Wood in Parmesan cheese is allowed in the USA. WTF!!!
5165dR2WvlL.jpg

I don't much care for Michael Moore's politics, but in this movie he does an interesting bit on the American diet vs the French. Actually most of the movie is rather enlightening and humorous. In France, all public schools have a professional chef on staff...
images

Cookies are even worse than cake -- sugar & butter & flour.

Those are called sugar cookies if made plain.

If you add chocolate chips they are chocolate chip cookies.

If you add peanut butter they are peanut butter cookies.

If you add raisins they are raisin cookies.

If you add oatmeal they are oatmeal cookies.

I like oatmeal and raisin cookies -- great trail food for hiking.

No sh!t Sherlock.

Grains are complex carbs.

If you cut out carbs then you need to get your energy from proteins -- this will give you gout.

If you eat only vegies with your meat you will go hungry in about an hour after you eat because there are no carbs in your G/I tract.

No sh!t Sherlock.

Grains are complex carbs.

If you cut out carbs then you need to get your energy from proteins -- this will give you gout.

If you eat only vegies with your meat you will go hungry in about an hour after you eat because there are no carbs in your G/I tract.
So...are you under the misconception that one can only obtain carbs by consuming grains?

It's the sugar. Stay away from sugar except for the natural sweetness of fruit. The problem is sugar is in beer......:beer: Whole grain is needed for the south end, don't cut it from your diet. IMO
There is no sugar in beer.

Read:

The Main Ingredients of Beer - dummies
What about what happens to carbs in your body? Don't they turn into sugar or glucose?
Don't ask IT question. IT is clueless.

51eBfwH0kxL._SY346_.jpg

51KxsObdCrL._SY346_.jpg

51eBfwH0kxL._SY346_.jpg

51KxsObdCrL._SY346_.jpg

And besides, there are many really great bread recipes that don't include grains.

Last edited:

51eBfwH0kxL._SY346_.jpg

51KxsObdCrL._SY346_.jpg

51eBfwH0kxL._SY346_.jpg

51KxsObdCrL._SY346_.jpg

And besides, there many really great bread recipes that don't include grains.

Well, I don't feel bad or anything. I'm thin, I'm healthy and I feel fine, so why would I give up a food that I love if I don't have to? Because it makes you feel bad or bloated or whatever, I should give it up too? :D

51eBfwH0kxL._SY346_.jpg

51KxsObdCrL._SY346_.jpg

51eBfwH0kxL._SY346_.jpg

51KxsObdCrL._SY346_.jpg

And besides, there many really great bread recipes that don't include grains.

Well, I don't feel bad or anything. I'm thin, I'm healthy and I feel fine, so why would I give up a food that I love if I don't have to? Because it makes you feel bad or bloated or whatever, I should give it up too? :D
Consider it a test of your character. Are you tough enough?

Forum List

Back