Ask a Gay Guy - Objective Dialog

MaxCha

Rationality, not Ideology
May 11, 2012
Hawaii
I really want to start a dialog between people who, for lack of a better word, do not support gay rights with people who do.

My goal is to eliminate all superstition, pre-conceived beliefs, personal idea of what "common sense" is or fears from the argument and just tackle the issue using logic and reasoning and evidence. Again, religion and personal beliefs (which are discussed everywhere else) are not the point of this thread. Evidence and facts are.

So, what evidence makes you come to the conclusion that being gay is wrong or unnatural? If you could ask a gay guy something, what would it be?

Anger, insults and religious dogma detract from the point of this thread. If you are angry and want to insult, please go to another thread where you are free to do so.

People cannot form a good/valid opinion until they look at evidence. If something is true, there will be evidence to indicate it is so. Using evidence is the hallmark of an intelligent person's perspective on an issue. Moving away from evidence indicates a lack of research, rigidity and is the highlight of a weak opinion.

A reasonable question/statement is one that uses evidence or research (eg. This study says this about homosexuality..., it is a fact pedophilia has gone up in this city as shown by this research..., etc...) or even just an observation (eg. Gay people cannot reproduce, so isn't it wrong?).

An unreasonable/illogical question is one that is insulting, deflective or a loaded question (eg. Do fags carry lube in their pockets all day?/Africa is a hellhole, so how can you say being gay is not bad?/ Do the perverted sexual deviants realize how they are destroying America's children?)

I want to hear from people who are genuinely interested in looking at the issue of homosexuality. If you know your opinion will never change because you "know" it is wrong, then this is not for you.

If no evidence is presented, I can conclude that no one that posted in this thread who opposes gay rights has any evidence to support their opinion.

I really want to start a dialog between people who, for lack of a better word, do not support gay rights with people who do.

My goal is to eliminate all superstition, pre-conceived beliefs, personal idea of what "common sense" is or fears from the argument and just tackle the issue using logic and reasoning and evidence. Again, religion and personal beliefs (which are discussed everywhere else) are not the point of this thread. Evidence and facts are.

So, what evidence makes you come to the conclusion that being gay is wrong or unnatural? If you could ask a gay guy something, what would it be?

Anger, insults and religious dogma detract from the point of this thread. If you are angry and want to insult, please go to another thread where you are free to do so.

People cannot form a good/valid opinion until they look at evidence. If something is true, there will be evidence to indicate it is so. Using evidence is the hallmark of an intelligent person's perspective on an issue. Moving away from evidence indicates a lack of research, rigidity and is the highlight of a weak opinion.

A reasonable question/statement is one that uses evidence or research (eg. This study says this about homosexuality..., it is a fact pedophilia has gone up in this city as shown by this research..., etc...) or even just an observation (eg. Gay people cannot reproduce, so isn't it wrong?).

An unreasonable/illogical question is one that is insulting, deflective or a loaded question (eg. Do fags carry lube in their pockets all day?/Africa is a hellhole, so how can you say being gay is not bad?/ Do the perverted sexual deviants realize how they are destroying America's children?)

I want to hear from people who are genuinely interested in looking at the issue of homosexuality. If you know your opinion will never change because you "know" it is wrong, then this is not for you.

If no evidence is presented, I can conclude that no one that posted in this thread who opposes gay rights has any evidence to support their opinion.

When did this start?

Gay rights?

I thought the beef was same-sex marriage.....not Gay rights????

gay-babies.jpg

Righties don't want to have a civil intellectual conversation/debate about this issue.

gay-babies.jpg

Righties don't want to have a civil intellectual conversation/debate about this issue.

No offense, but the premise of the op is horseshit.

There shouldn't be any discussion of Gay Rights.

Rather a discussion of human rights.

Well, I guess the main topic would be "Is being gay wrong and unnatural" before I even start with something like gay marriage or adoption equality etc...

I'm open to hearing any argument/evidence that supports someones's belief that gay people should not be allowed to marry/adopt/exist.

gay-babies.jpg

No offense, but the premise of the op is horseshit.

There shouldn't be any discussion of Gay Rights.

Rather a discussion of human rights.

Well, I guess the main topic would be "Is being gay wrong and unnatural" before I even start with something like gay marriage or adoption equality etc...

I'm open to hearing any argument/evidence that supports someones's belief that gay people should not be allowed to marry/adopt/exist.

Being Gay is wrong and unnatural........and that's why some swing that way. It's part of the allure.

I'm not gonna argue about whether or not they shouldn't be allowed specific rights.....but I will argue against pandering to them for political reasons.

But really, does anyone who is against gay people being given the right to marry/adopt/not be discriminated against have any evidence to support their opinion?

I don't mean that in an insulting way, I actually am curious to hear what you have to say.

I thought it would be nice to strip-out the drama/flame war/insults and actually discuss something like reasonable people.

People are always fighting about right this and left that, shouldn't it be helpful to not fight and have a conversation and be heard and responded to? I know I want to.

I think wingnuts have less problem with lesbians than gay guys. They must feel it threatens their "masculinity"...

Nope.

I think most lesbians are cuter.

Yeah, fags have a tough time with that one. I'm pissed because they tried to ruin rainbows and marriage. Give those sick-bastards civil unions and then let them shut the fuck up about it. Nothing is worse then listening to a bunch of grown men cry like faggots!

Being Gay is wrong and unnatural........and that's why some swing that way. It's part of the allure.

I'm not gonna argue about whether or not they shouldn't be allowed specific rights.....but I will argue against pandering to them for political reasons.

Okay. As I said before, you are just stating a subjective belief. No evidence, no facts, no anything. If you can't support something you believe (especially when it actually effects a group of people and their lives) with facts, it has no place in a real conversation.

Again, you're free to think it is unnatural and wrong, but just saying that is not going to sway anyone who uses their brain.

I think wingnuts have less problem with lesbians than gay guys. They must feel it threatens their "masculinity"...

Nope.

Yeah, fags have a tough time with that one. I'm pissed because they tried to ruin rainbows and marriage. Give those sick-bastards civil unions and then let them shut the fuck up about it. Nothing is worse then listening to a bunch of grown men cry like faggots!

Your avatar is quite appropriate.

Nope.

Your avatar is quite appropriate.

Dude, don't respond to him. He wouldn't be writing in here if he wasn't trying to get attention, so don't give it to him.

But yeah, I am hoping someone will have an opinion with support.

Forum List

Back