Ask a Conservative

For someone who complains that he doesn't pay enough taxes, Buffett sure takes advantage of all the "loopholes" available to him.

You didn't read it:

Mr Buffett said that he was taxed at 17.7 per cent on the $46 million he made last year, without trying to avoid paying higher taxes,

Did that help?

Our current tax rates are the lowest in 50 years. Add two Republican unpaid wars plus a 2.4 trillion dollar tax cut with more than 50% going to the top 1% plus a Republican drug bill that started off costing 1.3 trillion and I don't understand how Obama can be blamed for everything.

There are some things I would love conservatives to explain.

For one, they have this bizarre idea that rich people should be given a bye on taxes.

People come to this country and make a fortune in ways they could never do in any other country on earth. Why do they just want to "squeeze" every cent they can get out of the country? Why not support the US, invest and nurture it so people can continue to "create wealth" over generations?

Instead, they move jobs to China or Mexico in search of "cheap labor" and hope to bring those products back here. Only people here don't have jobs to buy those products.

It's their "greed" that's killing the Golden Goose.

And the other?

Why this fetish for the gays? I suspect many Conservatives don't even know where gay people come from.

I'd love actual liberals to explain not kicking you out of the club and burning your voter registration card with the threat of castration being the consequence of you trying to attain another.

Wow, that's really violent and sick. You need help. If you are embarrassed and afraid you might run into someone you know, there is "online" help. Perhaps you should look into it. These fantasies of torture and violence are signs of a seriously disturbed mind. You should seriously consider seeking help before you harm yourself or a loved one. I hope you consider giving them a call. Good luck.

As in traditional counseling, online counseling provides you with access to qualified and experienced professionals. In addition, online counseling is affordable, accessible, anonymous, and available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week from the privacy of your own home. Avoid the uncomfortable feeling of running into a familiar face on the way in or out of a clinic. Since you never have to leave the comfort of your home to meet with your counselor, your anonymity and privacy is completely secured. Online counseling gives you access to live professional counselors anytime of the day or night, no matter what part of the world you live in.

Online Counseling - Professional Counselors - Therapists Online - LivePerson

For someone who complains that he doesn't pay enough taxes, Buffett sure takes advantage of all the "loopholes" available to him.

You didn't read it:

Mr Buffett said that he was taxed at 17.7 per cent on the $46 million he made last year, without trying to avoid paying higher taxes,

Did that help?

Our current tax rates are the lowest in 50 years. Add two Republican unpaid wars plus a 2.4 trillion dollar tax cut with more than 50% going to the top 1% plus a Republican drug bill that started off costing 1.3 trillion and I don't understand how Obama can be blamed for everything.
Right...Without trying.

When you get your pay in dividends, subsequently avoiding all liability for FICA, you don't have to try any harder.

You didn't read it:

Did that help?

CUE Bush Tax Rate Decrease SUNSET...

Tipping Points - Michael G. Franc - National Review Online

Where's he gonna RUN? And does this include other elite Prgressives in Gubmint?

Federal Budget Deficit in May Totals $135.93 Billion - WSJ.com

Arthur Laffer: Tax Hikes and the 2011 Economic Collapse - WSJ.com

And what of that vote in the Senate the other day?

Mark Levin: 53 Senators who voted to Destroy YOUR Country

Hello Cap And Trade...MORE taxes on something non-existant...

We are already taxed to the hilt...the economy is in tatters now...why not take it over the cliff?

There's NOWHERE for anyone to hide except the Elitists in government.

Educate yourself.

A conservative answers:

"I sure do loves the chalkboards and explanations and how about da fat draft dodger he's on his four wife true love sure do take time day both loves America

how do youse expect the rich to get richer if in day dont spend moneys on dare friends stuff

is it jupiter dats just a guess

spirts aint nude or clothed day just spirits i aint never seen one

i aint sure wat allegorical does mean but i thinks it tells all abouts his being born in another country or maybe outter space i just aint sure"

For one, they have this bizarre idea that rich people should be given a bye on taxes.

People come to this country and make a fortune in ways they could never do in any other country on earth. Why do they just want to "squeeze" every cent they can get out of the country? Why not support the US, invest and nurture it so people can continue to "create wealth" over generations?

Instead, they move jobs to China or Mexico in search of "cheap labor" and hope to bring those products back here. Only people here don't have jobs to buy those products.

And the other?

Why this fetish for the gays? I suspect many Conservatives don't even know where gay people come from.

You have a bizarre notion that the rich don't pay taxes. :cuckoo:

The rest of your post is just left wing nut drivel.

Warren Buffett, the third-richest man in the world, has criticised the US tax system for allowing him to pay a lower rate than his secretary and his cleaner.

Speaking at a $4,600-a-seat fundraiser in New York for Senator Hillary Clinton, Mr Buffett, who is worth an estimated $52 billion (£26 billion), said: “The 400 of us [here] pay a lower part of our income in taxes than our receptionists do, or our cleaning ladies, for that matter. If you’re in the luckiest 1 per cent of humanity, you owe it to the rest of humanity to think about the other 99 per cent.”

Mr Buffett said that he was taxed at 17.7 per cent on the $46 million he made last year, without trying to avoid paying higher taxes, while his secretary, who earned $60,000, was taxed at 30 per cent. Mr Buffett told his audience, which included John Mack, the chairman of Morgan Stanley, and Alan Patricof, the founder of the US branch of Apax Partners, that US government policy had accentuated a disparity of wealth that hurt the economy by stifling opportunity and motivation.

Lloyd Blankfein, the chief executive of Goldman Sachs, acknowledged in an interview yesterday that there were justified concerns about the huge profits generated by private equity firms and that he worried that income inequality was “poisoning democracy”. He also said that he would be voting for the Democrat candidate at the next election. Mr Blankfein is the highest-paid executive on Wall Street, earning $54 million last year.

warren-185x185_145353a.jpg

Buffett blasts system that lets him pay less tax than secretary - Times Online

Now, Republicans will look at this and say, "No one pays 30%". Only, if you add state taxes and everything else, 30% of probably an understatement.

Then Republicans will say, "If those guys don't like making all that money, give it back", without bothering to really look at the currently broken system.

Most employment comes from small business NOT the super rich as Republicans, for some strange reason, would have you believe. Why Republicans work so hard against their own self interest is beyond me. I really don't get it.

As far as "gay rights" being "drivel" to Republicans, it's expected.

rdean says:

Meister says:
You weren't talking about "gay rights", dean. You were talking left wing whacko nut drivel. Can you see the difference? :cuckoo:

There are questions I'd like to ask conservatives who wish to make the world a better place in His name.

1. Is Glen Beck and Rush Limbaugh the answer to every problem?

Nope. They are excellent pundits, analysts, entertainers and showmen who make a living exposing the left's effort to move us to global fascism.

2. Why has any Republican Presidential candidate run as a fiscal conservative over the past 40 years?

The lie just like the libs who run as fiscal conservatives. Even Michael Dukakis ran as a fiscal conservative. I have found old video tapes with his campaign ads declaring as much. Let's face it, every politician in the last 50 years has run with that plank, but less than 10% it seems have delivered.

3. What continent is Africa on?

:rolleyes: Be an r-tard on someone elses time.

4. When you get swept up to heaven during The Rapture, will you be nude or will you be wearing clothes?

:rolleyes: Why? Are you concerned with seeing naked buttocks ascending heavenward or afraid like birds we'll poop on you as we take off?

5. We know that the Book of Revelations makes references to Obama. Is he identified allegorically or directly named?

Ummmm yeah... right. :snooty:

There are questions I'd like to ask conservatives who wish to make the world a better place in His name.

2. Why has any Republican Presidential candidate run as a fiscal conservative over the past 40 years?

4. When you get swept up to heaven during The Rapture, will you be nude or will you be wearing clothes?

5. We know that the Book of Revelations makes references to Obama. Is he identified allegorically or directly named?

1. I think it's Glenn, not Glen

2. Republicans are Statists, hence the rise of the Tea Party. Bush41 was one of the most evil men on the planet.

3. What is your conceptual continuity?

4. Just read the part of "The Agony and Ecstasy" where a possible ancestor of mine had artists paint fig leafs over Michelangelo's "Last Judgment". Not good. Not good at all

5. Why does Obama's likeness appear on the Shroud of Turin?

shroud-of-turin.jpg

Obama? Is that you?:clap2:

It's Reagan!

Warren Buffett, the third-richest man in the world, has criticised the US tax system for allowing him to pay a lower rate than his secretary and his cleaner.

Speaking at a $4,600-a-seat fundraiser in New York for Senator Hillary Clinton, Mr Buffett, who is worth an estimated $52 billion (£26 billion), said: “The 400 of us [here] pay a lower part of our income in taxes than our receptionists do, or our cleaning ladies, for that matter. If you’re in the luckiest 1 per cent of humanity, you owe it to the rest of humanity to think about the other 99 per cent.”

Mr Buffett said that he was taxed at 17.7 per cent on the $46 million he made last year, without trying to avoid paying higher taxes, while his secretary, who earned $60,000, was taxed at 30 per cent. Mr Buffett told his audience, which included John Mack, the chairman of Morgan Stanley, and Alan Patricof, the founder of the US branch of Apax Partners, that US government policy had accentuated a disparity of wealth that hurt the economy by stifling opportunity and motivation.

Lloyd Blankfein, the chief executive of Goldman Sachs, acknowledged in an interview yesterday that there were justified concerns about the huge profits generated by private equity firms and that he worried that income inequality was “poisoning democracy”. He also said that he would be voting for the Democrat candidate at the next election. Mr Blankfein is the highest-paid executive on Wall Street, earning $54 million last year.

Now, Republicans will look at this and say, "No one pays 30%". Only, if you add state taxes and everything else, 30% of probably an understatement.

Then Republicans will say, "If those guys don't like making all that money, give it back", without bothering to really look at the currently broken system.

Most employment comes from small business NOT the super rich as Republicans, for some strange reason, would have you believe. Why Republicans work so hard against their own self interest is beyond me. I really don't get it.

rdean says:

Meister says:
You weren't talking about "gay rights", dean. You were talking left wing whacko nut drivel. Can you see the difference? :cuckoo:

When you put it like that, uh, no.

I once wrote on this site that since the majority of Americans are white Christians, that means the majority of gays are white Christians since that's where they come from and white winger after white winger said, "You can't prove that" and "You are just making that up".

What can you say? Besides I suspect many Conservatives don't even know where gay people come from. That's not a joke. They think they were "recruited" as children or abused. The only "evidence" to back that up comes from white wingnut sites that also say, gays can be "cured". Can blue eyes be "cured" or just "covered up".

Course not. But they are pretty smart individuals and we could listen to people who are alot worse.

That isn't even grammatically correct. I can't for the life of me figure out what you are asking.

Well, I'm willing to bet Africa is on Africa. But hey, I'm just a dumb conservative.

There would have to be a rapture to answer that.

We do? Could you point out the verses?

1. I think it's Glenn, not Glen

2. Republicans are Statists, hence the rise of the Tea Party. Bush41 was one of the most evil men on the planet.

3. What is your conceptual continuity?

4. Just read the part of "The Agony and Ecstasy" where a possible ancestor of mine had artists paint fig leafs over Michelangelo's "Last Judgment". Not good. Not good at all

5. Why does Obama's likeness appear on the Shroud of Turin?

shroud-of-turin.jpg

Obama? Is that you?:clap2:

It's Reagan!

I'm sure Ronaldus Maximus and Christ are looking down and smiling...

rdean says:

Meister says:

I once wrote on this site that since the majority of Americans are white Christians, that means the majority of gays are white Christians since that's where they come from and white winger after white winger said, "You can't prove that" and "You are just making that up".

What can you say? Besides I suspect many Conservatives don't even know where gay people come from. That's not a joke. They think they were "recruited" as children or abused. The only "evidence" to back that up comes from white wingnut sites that also say, gays can be "cured". Can blue eyes be "cured" or just "covered up".

Sure we do. They are misguided souls that haven't learned the Laws of Nature,and don't know that procreation isn't possible in their current mindset.

They are Confused individuals.

a bye on their taxes? They are the only people who pay taxes. You do realize that if you make more than 30K, you are rich don't you?

I don't understand why you have such a hatred for people who make more money than you. How is seizing their money going to make you wealthier?

Since when is Robbery justified simply because you think someone has too much money?

How on earth is wealth created by taking money from the people who create it and giving it to people who don't? How is wealth created by creating a totalitarian government and a system of political elites who don't give a damn about the average person?

Funding politicians and their pet projects doesn't support or invest American. Freedom does. Allowing people to keep what the earn does. Allowing them to make individual choices on what would benefit our nation does. Not this collective bullcrap you seem to want to shove down everyones throat.

If jobs move somewhere else, Create new jobs. You act as if the people in China or Mexico don't have a right to work for a living simply because they might be able to produce more competitive labor than we do. That's absurd. If you want to keep jobs in the United States. Keep things competiative and stop creating government mandates that costs businesses money so your politician can keep getting a vote.

No, it's your greed, envy, jealousy, and bitterness that are killing the golden goose. The Golden goose is Economic freedom. The freedom to create the business we want, to do business with whom we want, to pay and earn what we negociate.

And the other?

Fetish for gays? Would this even be a freaking issue if you weren't insistant in changing fundamental definitions of society with the use of force and against the will of the people? Would this be an issue if you on the left didn't demand we somehow treat someone equally, when they weren't mistreated before?

Stop creating the damn problems and pretending as though you are trying to fix it. Get government out of our lives, and there isn't an issue.

And the other?

Simply solution to this. Flat tax.

You can't prove that. In fact, you've just used a logical fallacy. But then, you use them all the time because you don't really care about being accurate or factual. You care about winning an argument, even if it doesn't advance your viewpoints.

Of course, by taking that attitude, you ironically lose every single one of your arguments.

1. Is Glen Beck and Rush Limbaugh the answer to every problem? No. Not any problems actually. They are popular radio talk show hosts that provide a point of view and information on why they think as they do about different things. They actually have little or no power beyond that.

2. Why has any Republican Presidential candidate run as a fiscal conservative over the past 40 years? I believe they all have run as fiscal conservatives. The problem comes in when they don't govern as fiscal conservatives. You know. Sort of like Obama?

3. What continent is Africa on? I'll get back to you on that.

4. When you get swept up to heaven during The Rapture, will you be nude or will you be wearing clothes? Oh I think clothes will go with us maybe....but they'll have to be altered to accommodate the wings.

Or we can go with this passage in Revelations:
Rev 7:9-10: After this I beheld, and, lo, a great multitude, which no man could number, of all nations, and kindreds, and people, and tongues, stood before the throne, and before the Lamb, clothed with white robes, and palms in their hands; And cried with a loud voice, saying, Salvation to our God which sitteth upon the throne, and unto the Lamb.

We know that? I am pretty familiar with Revelations and I don't recall him being in there. And no, all those references about 'asses' in the Bible don't refer to anybody we know either.

Forum List

Back