Asia's Governments Talk As Desperate Rohingyas Wait At Sea

PS ---I would insist that muslims be permitted to leave
Burma UNMOLESTED ----I am THAT humane----
it's a lot better than the situation lots of people
attempting to flee shariah shit holes have faced

You sure sound like you think they are above reproach. You defend their persecution of minorities at every turn. Wait - let me rephrase: you defend their persecution of Muslim minorities and then spend 3 paragraphs denigrating Muslims whom you claim not to hate.

Following the Burmese conquest of Arakan in 1785, as many as 35,000 Arakanese people fled to the neighbouring Chittagong region of British Bengal in 1799 to escape Burmese persecution and to seek protection from British India.[40] The Burmese rulers executed thousands of Arakanese men and deported a considerable portion of the Arakanese population to central Burma, leaving Arakan as a scarcely populated area by the time the British occupied it.[41]

Rohingya people - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

Following the Burmese conquest of Arakan in 1785, as many as 35,000 Arakanese people fled to the neighbouring Chittagong region of British Bengal in 1799 to escape Burmese persecution and to seek protection from British India.[40] The Burmese rulers executed thousands of Arakanese men and deported a considerable portion of the Arakanese population to central Burma, leaving Arakan as a scarcely populated area by the time the British occupied it.[41]

According to an article on the "Burma Empire" published by the British Francis Buchanan-Hamilton in 1799, "the Mohammedans, who have long settled in Arakan," "call themselves Rooinga, or natives of Arakan."[30] However, according to Derek Tokin, Hamilton no longer used the term to refer to the Muslims in Arakan in his later publications.[16] Sir Henry Yule saw many Muslims serving as eunuchs in Konbaung Dynasty Burma while on a diplomatic mission there.[42][43]
Sounds like the Buddhist Burmese were the ones who conquered.

You sure sound like you think they are above reproach. You defend their persecution of minorities at every turn. Wait - let me rephrase: you defend their persecution of Muslim minorities and then spend 3 paragraphs denigrating Muslims whom you claim not to hate.

According to an article on the "Burma Empire" published by the British Francis Buchanan-Hamilton in 1799, "the Mohammedans, who have long settled in Arakan," "call themselves Rooinga, or natives of Arakan."[30] However, according to Derek Tokin, Hamilton no longer used the term to refer to the Muslims in Arakan in his later publications.[16] Sir Henry Yule saw many Muslims serving as eunuchs in Konbaung Dynasty Burma while on a diplomatic mission there.[42][43]

so? they conquered and made Burma "Buddhist: just as muslims conquered Afghanistan and made Afghanistan MUSLIM etc etc etc-------it was how things were done-------you want to UNDO it for the benefit of muslims-----but leave the mounds of dead Buddhists for the muzzie ladies to dance upon?.

The Muslims were invading and MURDERING first.
Did you know that jews never had any problems in
buddhist lands-------when Indonesia was buddhist---jews
migrated to that land-------how many are left now? is it
8 or 12 ....maybe..... Jews lived in BOMBAY for hundreds of years-----generally having escaped Islamic
oppression in Iraq etc. --------muslims got so annoyed that they traveled all the way to Bombay just to attack
the historic synagogue there and murder a little family
for Allah's entertainment. Jews lived in Afghanistan---probably for a thousand years before the rapist pig
was born-----one left. Buddhists are not stupid-----
they are capable of learning from REAL HISTORY. They may not be willing to risk it for your satisfaction
especially now that the creatures are all excited with
THE CALIPHATE. ------how did you enjoy the vandalism and pillage of Palmyra?

Last edited:
You seem to think religion is the only commonality necessary.

There are several versions of how the Rohinga ended up in Myanmar - they've either been there a century and a half or much much longer. Either way - they are among the most persecuted people on earth. They've been forced to live in internment camps and they are entirely dependent on foreign aid for sustinance.

Funny thing internment camps. I would have never have thought you would be supportive of that sort of thing.

democrats have always been fans of that sort of thing.

The Buddhists in Burma have maltreated the Rohinga minority long before the current Islamist extremism. The current "concern" as you say - is nothing more than one more excuse to persecute them. I don't know why people seem to think Buddhists are above reproach. They can be just as intolerant and hateful as any other religion when they're in the majority.

"the current Islamic extremism" ?? when did it become "current"??? I do not think Buddhists are above reproach or cannot be miserable bastards Pol Pot was brought up a Buddhist. Good point---Buddhists in the majority-----and somehow have decided
to act like muslims in the majority have acted for 14
centuries. Thus I see no reason for muslims to live in
Burma no matter how long they have lived there----Buddhists were there before them and don't want them
there------so they should leave. I remember when MAKDIVES ---VOTED to make Maldives a MUSLIM
COUNTRY------and nullified the citizenship of all non
muslims-----NOT A MURMUR other than "it was done by MAJORITY VOTE---THE DEMOCRATIC WAY" ---that was during the time of the GLORIOUS ARAB SPRING -----did you ever had another SN----I remember some female who LAUDED IT AS DEMOCRACY----she loved it. It should also be noted that BANGLA DESHIS have been fleeing the poverty of bangla desh
to GET INTO Burma-----does Burma have to accept
impoverished muslims that Burma does not want----
in order to spare Iran and a whole bunch of oil rich
arab states?. How about Indonesia----the shariah shit hole gets to take care of them ?-----who is going
to support a whole bunch of muslims that the 1 1/2 billion muslims don't want on their extensive land holdings and with their endless wealth?.

Your rabid bigotry and hatred diminishes you.

Just for example, the US has taken in refugees from the following countries:
USSR, Yugoslavia, Vietnam, Iraq, and Myanmar.

Rohingyas have developed a reputation for being troublemakers. Therefore, I doubt any country will be enthusiastic about taking them in as refugees.

Given the way they are treated I'm not surprised.

There is another possibility: they are treated bad because they make trouble.

Rohingyas have developed a reputation for being troublemakers. Therefore, I doubt any country will be enthusiastic about taking them in as refugees.

I don't think so. I think that's a convenient excuse for maltreating minorities. They're "trouble makers" The same excuse was used for maltreating Jews - just look at Penelopes posts.

There are several versions of how the Rohinga ended up in Myanmar - they've either been there a century and a half or much much longer. Either way - they are among the most persecuted people on earth. They've been forced to live in internment camps and they are entirely dependent on foreign aid for sustinance.

Funny thing internment camps. I would have never have thought you would be supportive of that sort of thing.

Did Republicans oppose it?

so? they conquered and made Burma "Buddhist: just as muslims conquered Afghanistan and made Afghanistan MUSLIM etc etc etc-------it was how things were done-------you want to UNDO it for the benefit of muslims-----but leave the mounds of dead Buddhists for the muzzie ladies to dance upon?.

8 or 12 ....maybe..... Jews lived in BOMBAY for hundreds of years-----generally having escaped Islamic
oppression in Iraq etc. --------muslims got so annoyed that they traveled all the way to Bombay just to attack
for Allah's entertainment. Jews lived in Afghanistan---probably for a thousand years before the rapist pig
they are capable of learning from REAL HISTORY. They may not be willing to risk it for your satisfaction

You know...you're a fascinating creature Rosie. You are one of the few I'd love to meet and talk with over some wine. You're funny as hell but then you turn and let loose like a rabid dog. Never know which Rosie I''ll be talking with.

Did Republicans oppose it?

Most of the time.

You know...you're a fascinating creature Rosie. You are one of the few I'd love to meet and talk with over some wine. You're funny as hell but then you turn and let loose like a rabid dog. Never know which Rosie I''ll be talking with.

"let loose like a rabid dog"-----I simply reviewed a bit of real history-------that which is the background of the
present situation in south east asia. I learned all about it very slowly over the years. History is not my field of study. Because of my actual profession, I did encounter people from all those places and did get their
versions of history. Thus I have a FRAMEWORK from which to hang more and more facts and thru which I have gained a greater understanding than you will ever
have. or can ever have no matter what the DISCUSSION

Thus I have a FRAMEWORK from which to hang more and more facts and thru which I have gained a greater understanding than you will ever

You seem to get all worked up rather frequently.

"let loose like a rabid dog"-----I simply reviewed a bit of real history-------that which is the background of the
present situation in south east asia. I learned all about it very slowly over the years. History is not my field of study. Because of my actual profession, I did encounter people from all those places and did get their
versions of history. Thus I have a FRAMEWORK from which to hang more and more facts and thru which I have gained a greater understanding than you will ever

Like I said, you are by far the most fascinating person here.

I don't think so. I think that's a convenient excuse for maltreating minorities. They're "trouble makers" The same excuse was used for maltreating Jews - just look at Penelopes posts.

You are misinterpreting my post. I am not giving any excuse on behalf of anyone. I am simply asking you to consider another possibility. Why do you think no Muslim country is coming forward in taking them in?

You are misinterpreting my post. I am not giving any excuse on behalf of anyone. I am simply asking you to consider another possibility. Why do you think no Muslim country is coming forward in taking them in?

I think there are a lot of reasons including stereotypes and predudice. The same reasons were used by Americans when Jewish refugees were fleeing Europe in and we refused to take them in. Even the American Jewish community wouldn't speak up for them because they were considered "trouble makers" and "communists" etc and they did not want anything that might cause trouble for their community.

I think there are a lot of reasons including stereotypes and predudice. The same reasons were used by Americans when Jewish refugees were fleeing Europe in and we refused to take them in. Even the American Jewish community wouldn't speak up for them because they were considered "trouble makers" and "communists" etc and they did not want anything that might cause trouble for their community.

Jews were fleeing Nazi occupied territories to save their lives. They were not raping, burning, looting and initiating riots.

Burma End Ethnic Cleansing of Rohingya Muslims Human Rights Watch

Burmese authorities and members of Arakanese groups have committed crimes against humanity in a campaign of ethnic cleansing against Rohingya Muslims in Arakan State since June 2012, Human Rights Watch said in a new report released today.

The 153-page report, “‘All You Can Do is Pray’: Crimes Against Humanity and Ethnic Cleansing of Rohingya Muslims in Burma’s Arakan State,” describes the role of the Burmese government and local authorities in the forcible displacement of more than 125,000 Rohingya and other Muslims and the ongoing humanitarian crisis. Burmese officials, community leaders, and Buddhist monks organized and encouraged ethnic Arakanese backed by state security forces to conduct coordinated attacks on Muslim neighborhoods and villages in October 2012 to terrorize and forcibly relocate the population. The tens of thousands of displaced have been denied access to humanitarian aid and been unable to return home.

...Following sectarian violence between Arakanese and Rohingya in June 2012, government authorities destroyed mosques, conducted violent mass arrests, and blocked aid to displacedMuslims. On October 23, after months of meetings and public statements promoting ethnic cleansing, Arakanese mobs attacked Muslim communities in nine townships, razing villages and killing residents while security forces stood aside or assisted the assailants. Some of the dead were buried in mass graves, further impeding accountability.

Human Rights Watch traveled to Arakan State following the waves of violence and abuses in June and October, visiting sites of attacks and every major displaced person camp, as well as unofficial displacement sites. The report draws on more than 100 interviews with Rohingya and non-Rohingya Muslims and Arakanese who suffered or witnessed abuses, as well as some organizers and perpetrators of the violence.

...Displaced Rohingya told Human Rights Watch how in October security forces stood by or joined with large groups of Arakanese men armed with machetes, swords, homemade guns, and Molotov cocktails who descended upon and attacked their villages. In some cases, attacks occurred simultaneously in townships separated by considerable distance.

...In the deadliest incident, on October 23, at least 70 Rohingya were killed in a daylong massacre in Yan Thei village in Mrauk-U Township. Despite advance warning of the attack, only a small number of riot police, local police, and army soldiers were on duty to provide security, but they assisted the killings by disarming the Rohingya of their sticks and other rudimentary weapons they carried to defend themselves. Included in the death toll were 28 children who were hacked to death, including 13 under age 5. “First the soldiers told us, ‘Do not do anything, we will protect you, we will save you,’ so we trusted them,” a 25-year-old survivor told Human Rights Watch. “But later they broke that promise. The Arakanese beat and killed us very easily. The security did not protect us from them.”

“In October, security forces either looked the other way as Arakanese mobs attacked Muslim settlements or joined in the bloodletting and arson,” Robertson said. “Six months later, the government still blames ‘communal violence’ for the deaths and destruction when, in truth, the government knew what was happening and could have stopped it.”

Considerable local organizing preceded and backed October’s attacks. The two groups most influential in organizing anti-Rohingya activities were the local order of Buddhist monks (the sangha) and the regionally powerful Rakhine Nationalities Development Party (RNDP), which was founded in 2010 by Arakanese nationalists. Between June and October, these groups and others issued numerous anti-Rohingya pamphlets and public statements, explicitly or implicitly denying the existence of the Rohingya ethnicity, demonizing them, and calling for their removal from the country, at times using the phrase “ethnic cleansing.” The statements frequently were released in connection with organized meetings and in full view of local, state, and national authorities who raised no concerns. Local authorities, politicians, and monks also acted, often through public statements and force, to deny Muslims their rights to freedom of movement, opportunities to earn a living, and access to markets and to humanitarian aid. The apparent goal has been to coerce them to abandon their homes and leave the area.

“Local officials and community leaders engaged in an organized effort to demonize and isolate the Muslim population as a prelude to murderous mob attacks,” Robertson said. “Moreover, since the bloodshed, the central government has taken no action to punish those responsible or reverse the ethnic cleansing of the forcibly displaced Muslims.”

Human Rights Watch uncovered evidence of four mass-grave sites in Arakan State – three dating from the immediate aftermath of the June violence and one from the October violence. Security forces actively impeded accountability and justice by digging mass graves to destroy evidence of crimes.

Burma s Rohingya Muslims Targeted By Buddhist Mob Violence - The Daily Beast

The conflict in western Burma’s Rakhine State erupted last June, when reports spread that a Buddhist woman was raped and murdered by three Rohingya men. Shortly after, a mob of Buddhists exacted retribution by pulling over a bus carrying Muslims and beating 10 passengers to death. The incidents ignited sectarian violence throughout the state. Nearly 200 were killed and many more injured, and some 10,000 homes were destroyed. The vast majority of the estimated 140,000 displaced were Rohingyas, and a year after their violent upheaval they continue to languish in squalid temporary encampments.

Kind of reminds me of the lynching of American negros under the false claim of raping a white woman.

Last year’s violence unveiled particularly chilling dimensions of racial and religious hatred toward the Rohingya. When the wife of Mohamed Salam was found dead floating in a river, her body carried a sinister message. She was abducted along with two of her children in June, and Salam was later told by sympathetic Buddhists how they had died. According to them, her captors said her breasts gave milk to Muslim babies and her womb gave birth to future generations of Muslims. Her breasts were then hacked off and her genitalia mutilated with sharpened bamboo. Her teenage son was tethered to a motorbike and dragged across a rocky road. Salam would not elaborate on how his daughter met her end. Today, he cares for his remaining 5-year-old boy in a camp for displaced people outside of Sittwe, the state capital, and the prospect of receiving justice is even more illusory than his chances of returning to his home and job.

From the US Holocaust Museum Blog

Crimes Against Humanity and Ethnic Cleansing in Burma United States Holocaust Memorial Museum
Hate speech was widely disseminated during this time in the form of anti-Rohingya pamphlets and numerous public statements demonizing the Rohingya and calling for their removal from the country
Did they "bring misery" on the "host"? First of all, there is no "host". Rohinga have been there for generations. Second, how much of this is demonizing and propoganda from the "host"?

Forum List

Back