Asians sue Harvard for discrimination in a case that may end college racial preferences

Dont Taz Me Bro

Diamond Member
Staff member
Senior USMB Moderator
Gold Supporting Member
Nov 17, 2009
Las Vegas, Nevada
Racial preferences in determining college admissions have no place in a free society. I've always found it ironic that the diversity crowd thinks the way to end discrimination on the basis of race is to actively engage in discrimination on the basis of race. If you can't get into Harvard, or any institution or profession, on your merits then you don't belong there.

Harvard admits to using race as a factor in admissions for the sake of diversity. But the school says it does so without any hard quotas or race-based points system—that they merely consider it informally. Past Supreme Courts have allowed that.

But the Asian Americans suing Harvard argue that the university gives them artificially low personality ratings to keep their admissions rate down. They say Harvard treats Asian Americans as "boring little grade grubbers."

Harvard's data show that a typical Asian applicant is less than half as likely to get a good personality rating in Harvard's admissions process than a typical black applicant.

Lee Cheng of the Asian American Legal Foundation says the data show clear, systematic discrimination based on race.

"Harvard didn't just use race as one of many factors. It was the determinative factor," Cheng tells Stossel.

Stossel: End Racial Preferences at Colleges?

Hard work? Valuing education? Good habits?

Fuck that! We MUST punish those people in favor of those who don't really give a shit!

"Diversity and affirmative action" has caused many a more qualified candidate to be passed over

Hope the Asians win this

Whites, especially poor whites, and/or whites from rural areas face very similar, though slightly less extreme discrimination, in Ivy League admissions.

"Diversity and affirmative action" has caused many a more qualified candidate to be passed over

Hope the Asians win this

Jewish people are the other group most disadvantaged by this racist system.

I'd say it's a win for them, too, were it not a fact that our Universities are such incubation chambers for antisemitism.

Whites, especially poor whites, and/or whites from rural areas face very similar, though slightly less extreme discrimination, in Ivy League admissions.

I'd like to see an Asian that was passed over SAT score compared to that shitstain Hogg who was admitted to Harvard

Racial preferences in determining college admissions have no place in a free society. I've always found it ironic that the diversity crowd thinks the way to end discrimination on the basis of race is to actively engage in discrimination on the basis of race. If you can't get into Harvard, or any institution or profession, on your merits then you don't belong there.

Harvard admits to using race as a factor in admissions for the sake of diversity. But the school says it does so without any hard quotas or race-based points system—that they merely consider it informally. Past Supreme Courts have allowed that.

But the Asian Americans suing Harvard argue that the university gives them artificially low personality ratings to keep their admissions rate down. They say Harvard treats Asian Americans as "boring little grade grubbers."

Harvard's data show that a typical Asian applicant is less than half as likely to get a good personality rating in Harvard's admissions process than a typical black applicant.

Lee Cheng of the Asian American Legal Foundation says the data show clear, systematic discrimination based on race.

"Harvard didn't just use race as one of many factors. It was the determinative factor," Cheng tells Stossel.

I hope they are successful. I think we're to the point where we can address entrance inequalities that MAY be racially based on a case-by-case basis instead of going forward on the assumption of inequality existing.

As a private institution, they can have any standards they want at Harvard of course but I think that it's time the States be allowed to stop considering race. Unlike hiring and some other encounters; there is little if anything that prevents minorities from having access to the same books, the same internet, studying longer, getting higher grades, doing the extra-curricular activities that some colleges value...

I hope the Asians are successful.

I am in favor of meritocracy wherever it is possible, but here is the counter-argument: A large percentage of the admissions to Ivy League schools are based on "legacy" credentials. Father, Uncle or other prominent relative is a distinguished grad or a major contributor, and they somehow find a place for them in the Freshman class, even though their actual credentials are marginal. If it were 100% merit based, then "diversity" promotion would be totally wrong and immoral, but in the current environment, "diversity" simply elevates some students who truly had no conceivable way to get "legacy" preference, thus balancing out a fundamentally unfair practice.

Obviously Blacks are cooler than Asians, thus the higher personality ratings.

I am in favor of meritocracy wherever it is possible, but here is the counter-argument: A large percentage of the admissions to Ivy League schools are based on "legacy" credentials. Father, Uncle or other prominent relative is a distinguished grad or a major contributor, and they somehow find a place for them in the Freshman class, even though their actual credentials are marginal. If it were 100% merit based, then "diversity" promotion would be totally wrong and immoral, but in the current environment, "diversity" simply elevates some students who truly had no conceivable way to get "legacy" preference, thus balancing out a fundamentally unfair practice.

Yes, that is a fair point as well

It speaks volumes about Harvard that they consider Hogg's "it's all about me" personality as a plus. He clearly lied about being present during the Parkland shooting to promote himself as some sort of new generation spokesman.

“Asians sue Harvard for discrimination in a case that may end college racial preferences”

That will be a neat trick given the fact there is no such thing as ‘racial preferences.’

When colleges and universities use lawful, Constitutional means to address past racial discrimination, they’re not exhibiting a ‘preference’ for one race over another – rather, they’re pursuing a policy to ensure a diverse makeup of students, regardless the race or ethnicity of applicants discriminated against in the past.

“Asians sue Harvard for discrimination in a case that may end college racial preferences”

That will be a neat trick given the fact there is no such thing as ‘racial preferences.’

That's a goddamn lie

Asians are screwing themselves.

That's a goddamn lie

Affirmative Action Has Helped White Women More Than Anyone | TIME.com

#TheLargerIssue #SingleParenting #Fatherlessness #ChildNeglectMaltreatment #MentalHealth #Solutions

"Affirmative Action Has Helped White Women More Than Anyone" By Sally Kohn @sallykohnJune 17, 2013

"Their successes make the case not for abandoning affirmative action but for continuing it"

Hello. While looking into Sally Kohn, I learned she is the author of a book titled, "The Opposite Of Hate".

sally kohn hate.png

I tweeted Ms. Kohn this image of an alleged infant HATER and hope to soon read Ms. Kohn's intelligent reply.

Child Abuse, Tupac Shakur, Afeni Shakur.jpg

Victims of HATE:

AMERICAN MOTHERS HATEFUL.jpg

Peace.
___
American *(Children)* Lives Matter; Take Pride In Parenting; *End Our National Epidemic of Child Abuse and Neglect*

Forum List

Back