Asians eclipsing Latinos in immigration to U.S.

By the 3rd generation most Latino-Americans speak primarily English and only consider themselves American.

You have reliable proof to that assertion? I would love to believe it, but I grew up in Chicago, where idiotically promoted English as a second language in public schools. Many of the kids those classes spoke little to no English (many with no desire to learn). You would think they were first generation only, but there were 2nd, 3rd and 4th!!!

We had a ton of Americans of Asian origins also. Most were fluent in English in the 1st generation, 2nd generation most spoke English when out of the home, 3rd generation only knew how to speak English!

Back up that claim with a RELIABLE SOURCE, because I have seen first hand in Chicago (where we have the largest Latino population in the midwest) that 3rd generation is not primarily English at all!

English Usage among Hispanics in the United States - Pew Research Center

"Half of the adult children of Latino immigrants speak some Spanish at home. By the third and higher generation, that has fallen to one-in-four."

https://www.gcir.org/immigration/facts/language

"By the third generation, 72 percent of Latinos and 92 percent of Asians speak English only."

You were saying...?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6YSh1-XuUKE]Simon & Garfunkel - Sounds Of Silence - YouTube[/ame]

One and a half billion Chinese want to come to America, to escape Communism and to vote for Communists once they vote here.

Look at the children from the those cultures. A great majority speak English in public, assimulate into our culture, work hard in education and consider themselves Americans.

By the third generation most only speak English and only consider themselves American!

By the 3rd generation most Latino-Americans speak primarily English and only consider themselves American.

You have reliable proof to that assertion? I would love to believe it, but I grew up in Chicago, where idiotically promoted English as a second language in public schools. Many of the kids those classes spoke little to no English (many with no desire to learn). You would think they were first generation only, but there were 2nd, 3rd and 4th!!!

We had a ton of Americans of Asian origins also. Most were fluent in English in the 1st generation, 2nd generation most spoke English when out of the home, 3rd generation only knew how to speak English!

Back up that claim with a RELIABLE SOURCE, because I have seen first hand in Chicago (where we have the largest Latino population in the midwest) that 3rd generation is not primarily English at all!

So, where'd you go? I got you your proof and sources and all and you just disappeared.

:confused:

In the hispanic parts of Los Angeles, speaking English is unnecessary. There is already a spanish speaking network that rejects English. Spanish television, radio, stores, and schools find English an inconvenience. By the 4th generation, there is no more need to speak English than there was for the first generation.

If it was true that later generations of hispanics don't speak spanish but English, Telemundo wouldn't be nearly as popular as it is. Even if children learn English in schools, there is little to no need to use English in their daily lives. It becomes much as the French you learned in high school.

If it was true that later generations of hispanics don't speak spanish but English, Telemundo wouldn't be nearly as popular as it is.

More illogical nonsense. By now it is to be expected from you.

By the 4th generation, there is no more need to speak English than there was for the first generation.

I provided sources. Where are yours? Or is this just something you heard at art school?

Ahhh the obligatory personal attackl Like you attack Moonglow, Buford, OohPooPahDoo, Skydancer and GHook93. Didn't you attack GHook 93 and then have one of your little conniption fits when you got ignored?

Come to Los Angeles, see for yourself. Spanish speaking television, radio, stores, every government document is in Spanish, directions in packages, prescription warnings and anything else you can think of is in Spanish. There is no reason to learn English at all. Not for the first generation nor the 4th or 5th. The DMV has spanish driver's license exams, the voting pamphlets are in Spanish. This is fully bilingual and there is no more reason to learn English then there is to learn Sanskrit.

If you disagree, provide some proof.

If it was true that later generations of hispanics don't speak spanish but English, Telemundo wouldn't be nearly as popular as it is.

Telemundo ISN'T the fastest growing television network in the country? It's news to Telemundo!

They have a Telemundo App for cel phones.

Stupid idiot. I'm SO glad to came up with this BS, it makes you look intelligent, really it does, keep it up. Do more.

By the way, I really am sorry that you have no talent whatsoever. Since you have no brains you should at least have ability. You are one of God's mistakes.

Come to Los Angeles, see for yourself. Spanish speaking television, radio, stores, every government document is in Spanish, directions in packages, prescription warnings and anything else you can think of is in Spanish. There is no reason to learn English at all. Not for the first generation nor the 4th or 5th. The DMV has spanish driver's license exams, the voting pamphlets are in Spanish. This is fully bilingual and there is no more reason to learn English then there is to learn Sanskrit.

Once again you show your disdain for logic. The availability of services in many languages is no proof AT ALL of 3rd or 4th generations not speaking English.

Telemundo ISN'T the fastest growing television network in the country? It's news to Telemundo!

What is really sad is that you are too stupid to realize how grossly illogical you are. The growth of a particular television network is no proof AT ALL of 3rd or 4th generations not speaking English. You are as dumb as a rock.

New Topics

Forum List

Back