Asian Sauce Recipe

Procrustes Stretched

And you say, "Oh my God, am I here all alone?"
Dec 1, 2008
Positively 4th Street
I make a bit of Shrimp and have started making my own sauce to go with it. I am experimenting with Oyster Sauce mixed with Black Bean Sauce, to create a flavor.

Anyone have experience with Asian sauce recipes?

Tomato Sauce

Ingredients

4 tablespoons olive oil
1 onion, chopped
3 tomatoes, chopped
1 tablespoon tomato puree
salt and pepper to taste
Directions

In a large skillet over medium heat, cook onion in olive oil until translucent. Stir in tomatoes, cook until juice begins to thicken. Stir in puree, salt and pepper. Reduce heat and simmer 15 minutes more, until rich and thick.

I use a mixture of hoisin sauce and soy with onions and a little sesame oil. It's delcious.

Essential ingredient: Chinese 5 Spice.

True: I don't really know wtf the stuff is, but some of it must be used in almost all chinese food. I had a bottle and ran out, began making stuff without it, and thought "Samson, WTF are YOU DOING!!!"

True: I don't really know wtf the stuff is, but some of it must be used in almost all chinese food. I had a bottle and ran out, began making stuff without it, and thought "Samson, WTF are YOU DOING!!!"

MSG? :lol:

hoisin sauce and sesame oil along with 5... hmmm, I'll try adding these to my store

Last edited:
Tomato Sauce

Ingredients

4 tablespoons olive oil
1 onion, chopped
3 tomatoes, chopped
salt and pepper to taste
Directions

In a large skillet over medium heat, cook onion in olive oil until translucent. Stir in tomatoes, cook until juice begins to thicken. Stir in puree, salt and pepper. Reduce heat and simmer 15 minutes more, until rich and thick.

WTF?

Was there something about the Thread's Title "Asian Sauce Recipe" that confused you?

Tomato Sauce

Ingredients

4 tablespoons olive oil
1 onion, chopped
3 tomatoes, chopped
salt and pepper to taste
Directions

WTF?

Was there something about the Thread's Title "Asian Sauce Recipe" that confused you?

I though maybe 'helow' is Asian and something was lost in translation? :eusa_whistle:

I'd like to find the recipe for Cream of Sumyungai, which was mentioned in Wayne's World.

The basic variety includes anise, cinnamon, fennel, cloves, and pepper. I have a rub which is a 12 spice version with the additions of cardamom, chipotle, cumin and some citrus flavoring - it's great for grilling.

The basic variety includes anise, cinnamon, fennel, cloves, and pepper. I have a rub which is a 12 spice version with the additions of cardamom, chipotle, cumin and some citrus flavoring - it's great for grilling.

a 12 spice? Product Label Name?

Damn, I was hoping it had Ground Targ Tusk, Gagh, or dried Regulan bloodworm.

Damn, I was hoping it had Ground Targ Tusk, Gagh, or dried Regulan bloodworm.

Those are in the Altairian version.

Are you trying to make a Black Bean Shrimp stir fry? The sauce is an acceptable sub for the black beans in any dish that calls for them. My wife goes through oyster sauce like people change their socks...she uses it as a flavor enhancer in numerous dishes.

Forum List

Back