Asian American skaters

I see Chen fell down--again--and he's an Olympian??
a lot of these skaters fall
I'm not impressed

They have to jump up from a particular blade edge going in a certain direction, spin in the air then land on a particular blade edge going in a certain direction. Every jump has it's own particulars. Frankly, I'm amazed they don't fall more often.

They have to jump up on a particular blade edge going in a certain direction spin in the air then land on a particular blade edge going in a certain direction, every jump has it's own particulars. Frankly, I'm amazed they don't fall more often.
I'm more amazed at the balance beam --only four inches wide!! and they are spinning and flipping like spiderpeople and landing on it!!

They have to jump up from a particular blade edge going in a certain direction, spin in the air then land on a particular blade edge going in a certain direction. Every jump has it's own particulars. Frankly, I'm amazed they don't fall more often.
I would expect Olympians to fall less..they've been doing it since childhood?
like MLB--seems like I see a lot of horrible throws in the infield--from pitcher to 1st base...from 3rd to 2nd......I expect very few of those from MLB

like MLB--seems like I see a lot of horrible throws in the infield--from pitcher to 1st base...from 3rd to 2nd......I expect very few of those from MLB
I reckon the MLB comparison answers why skaters fall so often. The psych factor sometimes trumps muscle memory.

I reckon the MLB comparison answers why skaters fall so often. The psych factor sometimes trumps muscle memory.
yes the mental is very important

is it me or are there a ''lot'' of great Asian American skaters?
I see Chen for the men this year
we've had Michele Kwan and Kristi Yamaguchi that were Olympic medalist and world champions who did very, very well
....this is NOT a racist thread--so forget that.....I admire the Asian race greatly and it seems like they do well in figure skating

My daughters figure skate and a good majority of their friends are Asian. It is kinda of like hockey. It is a very expensive sport. Asian Americans do well as a whole economically, so they can do this sport.

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

is it me or are there a ''lot'' of great Asian American skaters?
I see Chen for the men this year
we've had Michele Kwan and Kristi Yamaguchi that were Olympic medalist and world champions who did very, very well
....this is NOT a racist thread--so forget that.....I admire the Asian race greatly and it seems like they do well in figure skating

My daughters figure skate and a good majority of their friends are Asian. It is kinda of like hockey. It is a very expensive sport. Asian Americans do well as a whole economically, so they can do this sport.

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com
do they have odd skating times like hockey clubs?
or do they get the premium times?

Forum List

Back