Ashers gay cake court case couple say they have done nothing wrong

I'm not noticing any links. Is this the same level of study as that gun control idiocy you keep quoting?

Guy, I've posted this many times.

Are Emily and Greg More Employable than Lakisha and Jamal? A Field Experiment on Labor Market Discrimination

There's only so many times I can post something and have you pretend you didn't see them.

It's an end run, pure and simple. PA's were never meant to be defined as "any business".

Too bad 50 years of interpretations say otherwise.

And not wanting to be associated with someones wedding is not automatically "hate".

No, but screaming bible verses at someone's mom usually is.

Any form of artistic expression is covered by the First Amendment. Including custom cakes.

If a cake was being made as an artistic statement, you might have a point.

In this case, the cake was commerce. So, no, it isn't.

Again, take that privilege crap and cram it up your mormon hating ass.

White people whining about being oppressed. It's always hilarious to watch.

Imagine if they ever faced any real oppression.

"Waaaaaaa, I'm being forced to take money to provide a service I advertised and solicited to provide!!!"

yay a link!, It's still just a study among many, so ppttthpppttttt..

It still boils down to you getting a hard on forcing people to act against their wishes.

All that “commerce” means is that it is being produced commercially, to be sold. The same is exactly true of most newspapers. “Commerce” has no bearing on freedom of expression and its protection under the First Amendment.

Government has no more legitimate authority, in this nation, to tell a baker what cake he must make, than to tell a newspaper what content it must publish.

About the only argument you could make that it is not would be to point out that the First Amendment only explicitly identifies freedoms of “speech” and “the press” as protected forms of expression, but by that argument, no modern form of expression, such as radio, TV, photography, or anything based on the Internet would be protected either.

Wow Too bad the Government disagrees with you and has bitch-slapped these homophobic Christians.

Bakeries are public accommodations. So, no. they aren't protected by the first Amendment.

[

yay a link!, It's still just a study among many, so ppttthpppttttt..

It still boils down to you getting a hard on forcing people to act against their wishes.

As opposed to when your side had the power, you guys never did that.

Except when you made black folks ride on the back of the bus and gays hide in the closet, because they were terrified of what you good white christians might do to them.

Now you guys are trying to find that one little corner where you can practice your bigotry in peace.

And getting all upset when you are told "no".

Wow Too bad the Government disagrees with you and has bitch-slapped these homophobic Christians.

Bakeries are public accommodations. So, no. they aren't protected by the first Amendment.

No more so than a newspaper, or a TV station, or a web site, or any other form of expression. Government has no authority whatsoever to dictate the content of any of them, including the bakery.

Government certainly has no authority to compel any medium of art or communication to put forth a message which the owners of that medium find repugnant.

No more so than a newspaper, or a TV station, or a web site, or any other form of expression. Government has no authority whatsoever to dictate the content of any of them, including the bakery.

Government certainly has no authority to compel any medium of art or communication to put forth a message which the owners of that medium find repugnant.

Actually, government has whatever authority most folks think is reasonable.

Now, keeping in mind, this case is from the United Kingdom, not the US.

New Topics

Forum List

Back