Ashcroft may face prison over 9/11 cover-up, says Daniel Ellsberg

nycflasher

Apr 15, 2004
CT
Ashcroft may face prison over 9/11 cover-up, says Daniel Ellsberg

Two whistleblowers stood side by side before a courthouse in Washington, D.C. on Monday. Veteran of the Pentagon Papers scandal, Daniel Ellsberg was backing a protest by former FBI translator Sibel Edmonds, against a court gag order which has silenced her revelations about the September 11th, 2001 attacks.

In an exclusive interview with BreakForNews.com he said that Ashcroft's legal actions against Edmonds were: "clearly intended to keep her from bringing out in public information that could lead.... to criminal indictments and possible convictions of major political figures."

Ellsberg says that if Edmonds' allegations are confirmed, the current Attorney General could be judged obstructive and share the fate of A.G. John Mitchell --who in Ellsberg v. Mitchell famously tried to squelch Ellsberg's 1971 revelations, and served prison time over the affair.

"I'm not an expert on all this," he admits. "But I am increasingly open to the explanation that people in the administration did see this coming... and may have indeed reduced some obstacles.., or opened the door, in effect. I haven't been absolutely convinced on that, but it does seem to me to be an open question that deserves investigation."

http://www.BreakForNews.com/Sibel-Edmonds1.htm

Never happen. There was no cover up of 9/11. Just Democratic election year politics at its finest and look at the board losers lap it up.

Originally posted by OCA
Never happen. There was no cover up of 9/11. Just Democratic election year politics at its finest and look at the board losers lap it up.

Somebody change Ocra's diaper, he made a stinky.

Originally posted by OCA

any coverup remains to be seen, although I seriously doubt that any political commission is willing to risk careers by exposing one if it exists.

as far as democratic election year politics at its finest? stones and glass houses is all I have to say. :rolleyes:

Originally posted by DKSuddeth
any coverup remains to be seen, although I seriously doubt that any political commission is willing to risk careers by exposing one if it exists.

as far as democratic election year politics at its finest? stones and glass houses is all I have to say. :rolleyes:

But DK this year they really seem to be grasping at any straw that floats by, it really is amusing to watch so far and hell its only June!

Originally posted by OCA
But DK this year they really seem to be grasping at any straw that floats by, it really is amusing to watch so far and hell its only June!

It does seem like alot of the claims from the democratic side are thin, however, it makes me wonder sometimes why the republicans react so vehemently to each and every one of them. Could it be that its too scary to consider the slightest possibility that there may actually be something to them?

It does seem like alot of the claims from the democratic side are thin, however, it makes me wonder sometimes why the republicans react so vehemently to each and every one of them. Could it be that its too scary to consider the slightest possibility that there may actually be something to them?

Well there is always a possibility that there may be some sliver of truth to a SMALL percentage of the accusations but I think its the absolute viciousness and callousness of the accusations and the intent of the baseless ones that draw the Republican reaction they do.

It does seem like alot of the claims from the democratic side are thin, however, it makes me wonder sometimes why the republicans react so vehemently to each and every one of them.
What about how Kerry reacts vehemently and says that people are attacking his patriotism and are engaging in negative attacks when they say anything about him even if it's true.

We are acting vehemently? I usually just laugh at them. no point wasting my time.

Originally posted by tim_duncan2000
What about how Kerry reacts vehemently and says that people are attacking his patriotism and are engaging in negative attacks when they say anything about him even if it's true.

he can say anything he likes, it doesn't change the fact that most likely what is being said is true. You may have mistaken me for a kerry fan. I'm not.

I think you're right DK. The reps are on the defensive--sometimes rightly so and other times they seem scared of losing what has been some semblence of who they wanted after 8 years of Clinton. Hillary isnt even running officially but she gives me nightmares.

Forum List

Back