Ash Wednesday, and a Request for Prayer

why?...thats just their interpretation.....in another book about Jesus,it says in the end, all other rulers will be conquered or abolished, and He alone will reign supreme as King and Lord of all the earth......not the high priest....the King of this world...
It's Scripture, no one's interpretation. Read it for yourself. I agree Jesus is King and Lord of all. He is also our High Priest. Do you understand what that means? Have you ever studied the book of Hebrews?
there is a difference between a high priest and a King....do you understand what that means?....
Do you understand that everything in the Bible points to Jesus? He is our King and our High Priest. Jesus was also the last prophet of the Old Testament. The Scriptures say so. Are you really going to try to tell me that the book of Hebrews is lying? Really? Here is a link that will help you. Who Is Jesus? High Priest and King.
thats their interpretation....if you are the king you are not the high priest....who is higher the king or the high priest?...the high priest would be a "lessor" individual...
No, it's not anyone's interpretation. It's bible. Have a nice day.
oh so the bible wasnt interpreted by people?....yea have nice day........

It's Scripture, no one's interpretation. Read it for yourself. I agree Jesus is King and Lord of all. He is also our High Priest. Do you understand what that means? Have you ever studied the book of Hebrews?
there is a difference between a high priest and a King....do you understand what that means?....
Do you understand that everything in the Bible points to Jesus? He is our King and our High Priest. Jesus was also the last prophet of the Old Testament. The Scriptures say so. Are you really going to try to tell me that the book of Hebrews is lying? Really? Here is a link that will help you. Who Is Jesus? High Priest and King.
thats their interpretation....if you are the king you are not the high priest....who is higher the king or the high priest?...the high priest would be a "lessor" individual...
When the Bible says plainly that Jesus is our High Priest, there is no interpretation needed. It comes down to believing the Scripture or believing something or someone else.. I believe Scripture.

When the Bible says plainly that Jesus is our High Priest, there is no interpretation needed. It comes down to believing the Scripture or believing something or someone else.. I believe Scripture.
the bible was interpreted by people,many who were power hungry zealots.....

Fine, you keep believing that. I believe the Scriptures.

at least i question things unlike you who blindly follows.....God gave you a brain,use it....

at least i question things unlike you who blindly follows.....God gave you a brain,use it....
Now you're trolling. Pitiful. Bye.

Now you're trolling. Pitiful. Bye.
well that tells me im right....you cant even debate this because you are not allowed....now thats pitiful....

First Sunday of Lent:

The homily I listened to on Sunday spoke of Jesus time out in the wilderness. Instead of us going out into the wilderness for forty days, it was suggested that we spend time in our inner wilderness. What can we learn? Can what is going on in our inner wilderness be solved by more bread? By miraculous attention-gaining feats? By more power?

I'm don't know about anyone else, but my inner issues would only be made worse by more bread, people marveling at my feats, or more power.

Fasting, prayer, giving, and reflection is God's gift to us.

As far as the OP and his prayer for women priests: Why? I don't know about every parish, but I do know that every parish I have ever been a member of has had more women in each ministry (outside of the Knights of Columbus) that men. It also appears the Church has more female altar servers than males. Perhaps instead of praying for women to become the majority priesthood, we should be praying for more men to become more involved in more ministries and bible studies. My thought is that Christ wanted men to be as involved in the Church as women and children. Let's encourage that.

First Sunday of Lent:

The homily I listened to on Sunday spoke of Jesus time out in the wilderness. Instead of us going out into the wilderness for forty days, it was suggested that we spend time in our inner wilderness. What can we learn? Can what is going on in our inner wilderness be solved by more bread? By miraculous attention-gaining feats? By more power?

I'm don't know about anyone else, but my inner issues would only be made worse by more bread, people marveling at my feats, or more power.

Fasting, prayer, giving, and reflection is God's gift to us.

As far as the OP and his prayer for women priests: Why? I don't know about every parish, but I do know that every parish I have ever been a member of has had more women in each ministry (outside of the Knights of Columbus) that men. It also appears the Church has more female altar servers than males. Perhaps instead of praying for women to become the majority priesthood, we should be praying for more men to become more involved in more ministries and bible studies. My thought is that Christ wanted men to be as involved in the Church as women and children. Let's encourage that.
Can I have your bread that you don't want? You can Paypal me.

you make a good point, merri ------more men active in the catholic church might help. As an OUTSIDER-----it seems to me a church of male priests and women and children

So much for your "BS Filter". :rolleyes:

I read the bible (ie---NT in his case) I do not remember Jesus as being characterized as a "HIGH PRIEST" In the prophecy of Isaiah model------the "messiah" would be of the "tribe" of JUDAH-------'high priests" are of the tribe of LEVI -------Kings are of Judah. sheeeeesh----this stuff is simple

I read the bible (ie---NT in his case) I do not remember Jesus as being characterized as a "HIGH PRIEST" In the prophecy of Isaiah model------the "messiah" would be of the "tribe" of JUDAH-------'high priests" are of the tribe of LEVI -------Kings are of Judah. sheeeeesh----this stuff is simple
Here's a study guide for you. Study the book of Hebrews.
Who Is Jesus? High Priest and King.

sophistry designed to shoehorn the Jesus cult into biblical
prophecy by people who never met Jesus

You met Jesus?

You met Jesus?

I have met Pharisees very similar to Jesus ---assuming the
most credible history of Jesus is true. My sense is that Paul
is not credible nor is some mythological person named Barabas

You met Jesus?

Well, I believe that the book of Hebrews is Scripture. Have a nice day.

You met Jesus?

It certainly is-----so is the Bhagavad Gita

You met Jesus?

It certainly is-----so is the Bhagavad Gita
We disagree on that. I believe the Bible is the only holy book that contains the Word of God.

Forum List

Back