Ash Wednesday, and a Request for Prayer

DGS49

Diamond Member
Apr 12, 2012
Pittsburgh
Our Catholic Leadership is asking us to pray for "vocation" this Ash Wednesday, and throughout the Lenten season. That is to say, pray that thousands of young Catholic men will be taken with fervor to enter the Catholic Priesthood. Talk about going against the social grain.

So not me. I will be praying that the Catholic Leaders - starting with Pope Frank - will get their heads out of their asses and start training WOMEN to be priests. Problem solved.

And while they are at it, married priests, starting with the thousands who left the priesthood so they could get married. If you were paying attention in Sunday School, you know that the ordination of a Priest is PERMANENT and LIFE-LONG, so no additional ceremony would be required for these men.

Our Catholic Leadership is asking us to pray for "vocation" this Ash Wednesday, and throughout the Lenten season. That is to say, pray that thousands of young Catholic men will be taken with fervor to enter the Catholic Priesthood. Talk about going against the social grain.

So not me. I will be praying that the Catholic Leaders - starting with Pope Frank - will get their heads out of their asses and start training WOMEN to be priests. Problem solved.

And while they are at it, married priests, starting with the thousands who left the priesthood so they could get married. If you were paying attention in Sunday School, you know that the ordination of a Priest is PERMANENT and LIFE-LONG, so no additional ceremony would be required for these men.
If you want female priests and married priests, join the Episcopalians.

According to the New Testament, we are all kings and priests, with Jesus being our high priest. There is nothing in scripture demanding celibacy for pastors. In fact, it states in Timothy that a pastor is to have one wife. Christians need to read and study their bibles and reject man based religion and serve the God of Scripture.

Last edited:
Well, maybe you can be met halfway, and we can prayer that biologically males studying to become priests will identify as women.

I'm not Catholic, so I have no right to an opinion here, but to me it seems sensible to allow priests to marry and for women to become priests.

I know this will rub Catholics the wrong way, but by having a rule of celibacy for priests that isn't scriptural allows homosexual perverts to have a hiding place. I understand there is sexual perversion everywhere in every denomination, but this rule of celibacy is needless.

According to the New Testament, we are all kings and priests, with Jesus being our high priest. There is nothing in scripture demanding celibacy for pastors. In fact, it states in Timothy that a pastor is to have one wife. Christians need to read and study their bibles and reject man based religion and serve the God of Scripture.
Jesus isnt your high priest,he is your King....

Read the book of Hebrews and this link. What does it mean that Jesus is our High Priest?

Read the book of Hebrews and this link. What does it mean that Jesus is our High Priest?
why?...thats just their interpretation.....in another book about Jesus,it says in the end, all other rulers will be conquered or abolished, and He alone will reign supreme as King and Lord of all the earth......not the high priest....the King of this world...

Last edited:

why?...thats just their interpretation.....in another book about Jesus,it says in the end, all other rulers will be conquered or abolished, and He alone will reign supreme as King and Lord of all the earth......not the high priest....the King of this world...
It's Scripture, no one's interpretation. Read it for yourself. I agree Jesus is King and Lord of all. He is also our High Priest. Do you understand what that means? Have you ever studied the book of Hebrews?

It's Scripture, no one's interpretation. Read it for yourself. I agree Jesus is King and Lord of all. He is also our High Priest. Do you understand what that means? Have you ever studied the book of Hebrews?
there is a difference between a high priest and a King....do you understand what that means?....

there is a difference between a high priest and a King....do you understand what that means?....
Do you understand that everything in the Bible points to Jesus? He is our King and our High Priest. Jesus was also the last prophet of the Old Testament. The Scriptures say so. Are you really going to try to tell me that the book of Hebrews is lying? Really? Here is a link that will help you. Who Is Jesus? High Priest and King.

Last edited:
Do you understand that everything in the Bible points to Jesus? He is our King and our High Priest. Jesus was also the last prophet of the Old Testament. The Scriptures say so. Are you really going to try to tell me that the book of Hebrews is lying? Really? Here is a link that will help you. Who Is Jesus? High Priest and King.
thats their interpretation....if you are the king you are not the high priest....who is higher the king or the high priest?...the high priest would be a "lessor" individual...

thats their interpretation....if you are the king you are not the high priest....who is higher the king or the high priest?...the high priest would be a "lessor" individual...
No, it's not anyone's interpretation. It's bible. Have a nice day.

Forum List

Back