As the left likes to say, Elections have consequences.

Damnit if you folks want bigger government open your wallets and be prepared to pay for it. Not just send the bill to someone else.

You mean like the people who voted for Reagan, Bush I and Bush II. You voted for bigger government, and higher entitlement programs. The greatest increases in entitlement spending is under these three Presidents. Now you're bitching because you're being called to accounts.

It's time for EVERYONE who voted Republican in 1980, 1984, 1988, 2000 and 2004 to pay those bills, and for the wars you so enthusiastically supported. You're not sticking the middle class with this mess. YOU voted for these A$$hats, time for you to pay up.

Really, did I? You really don't know who I supported do you? As for the wars, your commiecrats share the responsibility, most also voted for the wars. Then when they proved unpopular they started point fingers and screaming I voted for it, but I really didn't mean it, and folks like you just ate that shit up. Of the three presidents you mentioned, tell me which one ran up the national debt nearly 6 trillion dollars in 4 years, oh that's right, only your dear leader has that distinction. He always has been about being number 1, too bad he doesn't want the same for the country. Also you might want to check who was running the congress when those entitlement booms occurred. Of course that means nothing to you, because you've proven truth has no value to you the majority of the time.

Wrong again, dipshit.

You might want to put the bong down, none of your little rant has anything to do with the quote, it's about redistricting and how both parties tried to use it to their advantage. That's the political reality I was speaking of. You might want to contact your teacher and let her know you are having comprehension problems, she might be able to help.

Don't condescend. You lack both the intellect and the wit. My teacher is unable to help with anything. Most of my teachers have been dead for years. Hell, damn few of my former bosses are still living either. Now you've made me feel old. I hate it when that happens.

I don't own a bong, but my grandson has one. I do have some roach clips that are older than you are and I bought them new. I am not some smart ass young student. I'm a bitchy old hag who is tired of seeing Republicans destroy the world's economy. I lost the best job I ever had on the day Obama was inaugurated and I retired, because, after working for over 50 years, I think I'm ready to kick back and be a curmudgeon.

Yep, sounds like you might have a couple of years on me, but not many unless you bought the roach clips when you were two. I retired a couple of years ago, I decided to minimize my contributions to a government that wants to be all things to all people without regard to the restrictions the Constitution places on it. If the commiecrats want to borrow 40+% of the money they spend to buy votes, I figure your grandson can pay the tab, and from your attitudes you're fine with that also. Four thousand million dollars plus, is the debt we are passing along to future generations every day, at least I can say I tried to stop it.

You mean like the people who voted for Reagan, Bush I and Bush II. You voted for bigger government, and higher entitlement programs. The greatest increases in entitlement spending is under these three Presidents. Now you're bitching because you're being called to accounts.

It's time for EVERYONE who voted Republican in 1980, 1984, 1988, 2000 and 2004 to pay those bills, and for the wars you so enthusiastically supported. You're not sticking the middle class with this mess. YOU voted for these A$$hats, time for you to pay up.

Really, did I? You really don't know who I supported do you? As for the wars, your commiecrats share the responsibility, most also voted for the wars. Then when they proved unpopular they started point fingers and screaming I voted for it, but I really didn't mean it, and folks like you just ate that shit up. Of the three presidents you mentioned, tell me which one ran up the national debt nearly 6 trillion dollars in 4 years, oh that's right, only your dear leader has that distinction. He always has been about being number 1, too bad he doesn't want the same for the country. Also you might want to check who was running the congress when those entitlement booms occurred. Of course that means nothing to you, because you've proven truth has no value to you the majority of the time.

Wrong again, dipshit.

Really, this was the vote totals on the Afgan war:

House of Representatives

On September 14, 2001 bill House Joint Resolution 64 passed in the House. The totals in the House of Representatives were: 420 Ayes, 1 Nay and 10 Not Voting. The Nay was Barbara Lee, D-CA. [2] Lee is notable as the only member of either house of Congress to vote against this bill.[3]
Senate

On September 14, 2001 Senate Joint Resolution 23 passed in the Senate by roll call vote. The totals in the Senate were: 98 Ayes, 0 Nays, 2 Present/Not Voting (Senators Larry Craig - R and Jesse Helms - R)

Authorization for Use of Military Force Against Terrorists - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

82 Dems in the House voted for the Iraq war and 29 in the Senate did also. Considering your dear leaders new definition of bipartisanship of one opposition vote making a bill bipartisan the two war votes were overwhelmingly bipartisan. The Iraq war was the only vote where a majority of Dem house members voted against is, the majority of Dem senators voted for it.

Iraq Resolution - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

So you want to tell me how wrong I am, AGAIN? :lol::eusa_clap::lol::eusa_clap::lol:

Last edited:
The Republican Party isn't some monolithic group who universally believe in small government, low taxes, and unregulated capitalism. It's a coalition of an strange bedfellows from the mega-wealthy like Sheldon Adelson, the social conservatives of the extreme religious right, the so-called "Defenders of the Constitution", and then there's that whole group I call the "delusionals" - people who don't believe in science and technology, who think that global warming is a hoax, and the white working poor.

The wealthy know that their best interests are at odds with the best interests of the majority of the rest of the population and there aren't enough of them to win an election. They need help. So they sold their souls to the religious right back in the late 1970's, when the Moral Majority first decided to use the votes of religious folks to work against legislation which overturned prohibitions on sexual acts, homosexuality, abortion and all sorts of immorality. Looking for a big block of voters to help the Republican's "re-take America", the rich guys embraced the social conservatives and Reagan won in a landslide.

But the social conservatives have become increasingly more demanding. This year, they said they now had enough votes to over-turn Roe v. Wade which is definitely scary. They had cases positioned to go to the Supreme Court as soon as they were certain of victory. They've had this plan for years. Fear of losing birth control and abortion scared a lot women into voting for Obama. While the Republicans have provided a party of refuge for anyone who had a beef against the Democrats, they are also aware that the extreme right-wing positions are unpalatable to the majority of Americans, most of whom are either slightly left or slightly right of centre, so they mostly run moderate candidates for President, but it order to appeal to the "base" the candidates have to endorse a platform that is so socially conservative that the only people who will vote for them are people who actually believe the shit that's published in the Conservapedia.

Every Republican President since Reagan has publically vilified the poor of the nation, blaming the poor for increases in social spending. Social spending has exploded under Republican administrations, not because the poor are lazy, but because their fiscal policies increase poverty. The poor have not seen any real increase in their wages since Reagan took office, more than 30 years ago. But Reagan successfully convinced working class white America that it was the laziness and costs of social programs for the lazy that caused these increases. There was no mention of the greedy corporations who boosted their profits by surpressing wages.

Rush, Fox and a few of the posters here continue in that tradition. Pay no attention to the billions of profit Walmart takes while it's workers rely on food stamps to feed their families, look at the growth in entitlement spending and "How about that Super Bowl!!!". Smoke and mirrors. While you're chasing that kid who stole the apple and ran out of the store, the mega-corporations are cleaning out the till.

The rag-tag coalition that is the Republican Party is breaking down. Interesting that the Tea Party is threatening to "punish" moderate Republican leaders at the polls in 2014, not the Democrats. Yeah, that'll help the Republicans keep what seats they have left in the House, for sure.

Wrong again, dipshit.

Really, this was the vote totals on the Afgan war:

House of Representatives

On September 14, 2001 bill House Joint Resolution 64 passed in the House. The totals in the House of Representatives were: 420 Ayes, 1 Nay and 10 Not Voting. The Nay was Barbara Lee, D-CA. [2] Lee is notable as the only member of either house of Congress to vote against this bill.[3]
Senate

On September 14, 2001 Senate Joint Resolution 23 passed in the Senate by roll call vote. The totals in the Senate were: 98 Ayes, 0 Nays, 2 Present/Not Voting (Senators Larry Craig - R and Jesse Helms - R)

Authorization for Use of Military Force Against Terrorists - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

82 Dems in the House voted for the Iraq war and 29 in the Senate did also. Considering your dear leaders new definition of bipartisanship of one opposition vote making a bill bipartisan the two war votes were overwhelmingly bipartisan. The Iraq war was the only vote where a majority of Dem house members voted against is, the majority of Dem senators voted for it.

Iraq Resolution - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

So you want to tell me how wrong I am, AGAIN? :lol::eusa_clap::lol::eusa_clap::lol:

You said wars, plural. Democrats voted for Afghanistan. They did not vote for a war with Iraq. They gave Bush the authority to strap on the guns, but to "obtain prompt and decisive action by the Security Council to ensure that Iraq abandons its strategy of delay, evasion, and noncompliance and promptly and strictly complies with all relevant Security Council resolutions regarding Iraq."

The resolution "supported" and "encouraged" diplomatic efforts by President George W. Bush to "strictly enforce through the U.N. Security Council all relevant Security Council resolutions regarding Iraq.

He did not do that.

Also, Democrats voted 82 yes and 126 nays in the House.

Also, Democrats voted 82 yes and 126 nays in the House.

Bush and Fox called those Democrats "traitors" and said those who opposed the Iraq War were "aiding and abetting terrorism". He also said that Americans must be united in their support of this war, and not to do so gave hope to the enemy. Emotional blackmail at its best.

He also lied and told Congress that Saddam had weapons of mass destruction.

Where are all the Liberals that insisted Obama and the dems did not have to compromise?

No one said that compromises aren't needed, we said that the Republicans have to raise taxes on the wealthy. Until they stop playing games with closing loopholes and look at raising taxes on the wealthy, they haven't made a valid opening offer.

Where are all the Liberals that insisted Obama and the dems did not have to compromise?

No one said that compromises aren't needed, we said that the Republicans have to raise taxes on the wealthy. Until they stop playing games with closing loopholes and look at raising taxes on the wealthy, they haven't made a valid opening offer.

And until Obama offers cuts he has not attempted to negotiate as he told the American people he would. This poll means those dems up for reelection in 2014 can not just ignore the American people.

If I were Obama I would put tax increases and DoD cuts on the table and only agree to some GOP proposed cuts in exchange for their votes.

Sorry Republicans but you aren't running the show or negotiating from a position of strength here. Quite the opposite, in fact.

The Republicans are trying to save Tea Party seats in the next election by not voting for "new taxes". That was the pledge the Tea Party signed and their constituents have said that if they break that pledge, they will not be re-elected. That's why the Republicans are playing games and only offering to close loopholes.

Enough of the games. Offer to raise taxes on the wealthy. It is not Obama's job to make sure the Tea Party Congressmen keep their seats

Forum List

Back