As soon as we are married, I want to fundamentally transform you.....

Reagan wanted to fundamentally transform American.

The Republican Revolution of 1994 wanted fundamentally transform America.

The Tea Party wants to fundamentally transform America.

I'd like to fundamentally transform my right hand into an actual female.

"As soon as we are married, I want to fundamentally transform you...."

Well, she neglected to say so beforehand but I've long suspected that has been my wife's plan from the jump.

Depends on what a person defines as "love", I guess.

Some people love America for what it is and what it represents.

Others love what it would be if they could "change", "re-make" and "fundamentally transform" it.

I guess that could qualify as love.

Not true. Reagan wanted to bring America back to a position of strength. That isn't trasformation. That is revival of what once was. There was no Republican revolution in 1994. No clue what you are speaking of. As to the Tea Party? They too are looking to revive America - to restore. To restore is to bring back to the original state - to transform is to change the original state completely which is what Barack Obama has been doing since he first entered office.

For the worse I should add.

Depends on what a person defines as "love", I guess.

Some people love America for what it is and what it represents.

Others love what it would be if they could "change", "re-make" and "fundamentally transform" it.

I guess that could qualify as love.

I think that If you have a need to "fundamentally" transform something or someone, that means whatever it is, you don't even like it, much less love it.

Doesn't sound like love to me.
No, but it sure sounds like a woman, my wife included. Too bad, they never get their way.

Here's the old joke. Women marry men expecting them to change, and men marry women expecting them not to. Neither get their wish.

That is your point of view, PMH, but it is not reality. You are lacking the peace of God in your life. That is reality. People are not going to fill a void that was meant for Jesus. That is impossible. You'll find your contentment in a relationship with God. The rest of the people in your life will benefit from it. That is how it works.

No, but it sure sounds like a woman, my wife included. Too bad, they never get their way.

Here's the old joke. Women marry men expecting them to change, and men marry women expecting them not to. Neither get their wish.

That is your point of view, PMH, but it is not reality. You are lacking the peace of God in your life. That is reality. People are not going to fill a void that was meant for Jesus. That is impossible. You'll find your contentment in a relationship with God. The rest of the people in your life will benefit from it. That is how it works.
I love how egotistical the little ignorant Christians are. Your God, the God of the Bible, isn't worthy of my respect. I don't follow Jesus, and neither do you, he follows me.

And BTW, what exactly does that have to do with this thread? My wife thinks less of your God than I do.

I love how egotistical the little ignorant Christians are. Your God, the God of the Bible, isn't worthy of my respect. I don't follow Jesus, and neither do you, he follows me.

And BTW, what exactly does that have to do with this thread? My wife thinks less of your God than I do.

Your ego appears to be the obstacle here, not mine. You are the one with problems, PMH. I'm merely suggesting what would help. As to the rest of your comments? No comment.

Your ego appears to be the obstacle here, not mine. You are the one with problems, PMH. I'm merely suggesting what would help. As to the rest of your comments? No comment.
Just as an aside, I know your faith, its teachings and its history, which is why I rejected it. If the Christians were what they were supposed to be I'd have very few issues with it, but they aren't, they are like you, little egotistical ignorant pricks with a Ticket to Heaven who believe that they know the One True Faith, the same one they were raised in usually, and they know of no others. Hell, they don't even know their own...

Politics?

Not true. Reagan wanted to bring America back to a position of strength. That isn't trasformation. That is revival of what once was. There was no Republican revolution in 1994. No clue what you are speaking of. As to the Tea Party? They too are looking to revive America - to restore. To restore is to bring back to the original state - to transform is to change the original state completely which is what Barack Obama has been doing since he first entered office.

For the worse I should add.

Must be a different Reagan than the corrupt liar who turned the US into a debtor nation and a different tee potty than the fools who sold out to the Kochs.

In spite of the Do Nothings, President Obama has done a good job of creating jobs and economic growth but we can't afford another tax and spend, big government Republican in the WH.

Be careful what you wish for.

To be clear, PMH, if you are speaking of the organized church such as you see on television - you do not know my faith. The Jesuits infiltrated Protestant Churches many years ago and destroyed all of them but the Pentacostals. They had to find some operatives that would be able to truly fool the people and that was when they brought Katherine Kuhlman and others into the picture. For many years - even until very recently I did not know that Kuhlman was a plant. I cannot tell you the disappointment I have endured realizing this and my only comfort was that the LORD did not let me remain in the dark over it because he did use the ex-Jesuit Dr. Alberto Rivera and his six part series to reveal that truth to me via those books - so there is that.

But I realized early on that the Pentacostal church was being infiltrated with unbelievers who seemed to be insistent on dropping any mention of holiness, prayer, repentance and hell preaching. Those of us who refused were targeted with hatred, slander, abuse even from the pulpit. If you only knew how many times they have preached against me right there in the pulpit and the last one called me by name! I stayed home and told my husband he would be doing it when he got there and sure enough? My husband came home and said the preacher was preaching about you from the pulpit today. Another man present was furious got up and marched out of the church and rebuked the pastor. (the Pastor had permitted a communist to use his pulpit on Wed. nights - he was also living with a woman in the congregatiion out of wedlock -I warned him the church would be shut down) I'm not beholding to any man. I tell what the LORD puts on my heart to tell. Anyhow the infiltrators that came to destroy Pentacostal churches......

Usually I could spot them before they even opened their mouth. How is that possible? It is one of the gifts of the Holy Ghost. It's why the Jesuits could not infiltrate the Pentacostals - they would know before they were coming - but there are some that the bible says if it were possible even the elect would be deceived and in these end times there have been some of those, PMH. Sad to say.

I will not argue with you that the church is not obeying God as they should, not praying as they should, not living as they should, not doing what they should and the result is a powerless gospel with few being saved. It is very discouraging. But that is not why you are not serving Jesus Christ.

You are not serving Jesus Christ because you want to be the captain of your own ship. Your own god. You're like a mini Solomon looking at your toys and asking why don't you make me happy any more? You're supposed to make me happy. Yet material things of this world shall never make you happy. Instead they only increase your misery because when you leave this earth you'll have to part with it and leave it all here and will take nothing where you shall go. But for me to live is Christ and to die is Christ. I gain Christ in my death. What shall you gain?

That is the question. And the truth is I want to see you gain heaven because I know even this moment it will be the greatest decision you ever made, that you will have joy unspeakable and feel the weight of the world which now feels like 2,000 lbs on your shoulders roll off as if it were a feather. I love seeing people set free by the power of God and I want to see you set free by the power of God because I do indeed care for your soul.

p.s. Sorry if I aggravated you with the other response. I do not want to aggravate you. I want to see you full of joy and on top of the world, PMH. It's not a bad thing. It's a good thing. Jesus is the only one that can make that happen in your life. Because he will give you peace that is not like the worlds peace. You'll be able to sleep like a rock when the rest of the world is wide awake at night. You'll be full of joy when there is no reason for joy. It will be a totally different life for you and I know you'll love it. Life with Jesus is the ultimate adventure. Your name will be written in the Lamb's book of life - your salvation will be a settled matter and you can rest in the assurance that you are reconciled with God and all is well with your soul. The Lord loves you. He told me he loves you deeply and he has a great plan for your life.

"As soon as we are married, I want to fundamentally transform you...."

Well, she neglected to say so beforehand but I've long suspected that has been my wife's plan from the jump.

Try being a man

Need to see quotes; not your interpretation.

If the Country has been fundamentally transformed, then Obama does indeed love it. If the country has not been transformed to Obama's vision and liking, then how can he love it? Can we get a reporter to ask him?

Forum List

Back