As Over-the-Top As Kerry or Hillary

Kathianne said:
Then the Right needs to sell their ideas, not through threats and the meanderings of someone like Robertson. They need to get the party on line, but instead are alienating those that agree with the principles but not the weird way they are doing things. The administration is loosing focus and catering to the extremes on both ends, deconstructing itself.

I am concerned about Bush's focus as well as the Republicans. And I am with you 100% that they need to be in the media's face everyday on the offensive about what they are trying to accomplish..........Sell their ideas to the public as you put it. Honestly this is the one area that I have never been able come to terms with the Republicans on, they never seem to want to take the gloves off and make big with aggressive PR. It's so frustrqating to me!!

Bonnie said:
I am concerned about Bush's focus as well as the Republicans. And I am with you 100% that they need to be in the media's face everyday on the offensive about what they are trying to accomplish..........Sell their ideas to the public as you put it. Honestly this is the one area that I have never been able come to terms with the Republicans on, they never seem to want to take the gloves off and make big with aggressive PR. It's so frustrqating to me!!

Oh they have taken the gloves off and are picking up bats, using surrogates. Worst thing they could have done. I'm convinced they believe now that they have a mandate based on the far right, which would be every bit as misplaced as Clinton counting on the far left-which is what he too thought after his first election. (Remember Hillary's health care?)

Bush needs to get the party leaders in line with votes and have reasonable people speak to the press. They need to shut up or step away from the goofs like Robertson and his ilk, whatever their current issues.

Kathianne said:
Oh they have taken the gloves off and are picking up bats, using surrogates. Worst thing they could have done. I'm convinced they believe now that they have a mandate based on the far right, which would be every bit as misplaced as Clinton counting on the far left-which is what he too thought after his first election. (Remember Hillary's health care?)

Bush needs to get the party leaders in line with votes and have reasonable people speak to the press. They need to shut up or step away from the goofs like Robertson and his ilk, whatever their current issues.

I haven't seen Robertson out there too much, but your point is you think the Republicans are taking their cues from people like Robertson regarding the how they are dealing with tactics for judicial appointee votes?

Bonnie said:
I haven't seen Robertson out there too much, but your point is you think the Republicans are taking their cues from people like Robertson regarding the how they are dealing with tactics for judicial appointee votes?

Bonnie, it's not just Robertson, he's just the easiest to villify, as MM is on the Left. Instead of using stupid phrases like 'nuclear option' the leadership should be holding the Republican congressional members feet to the fire to vote, instead of catering to the Democrats or the radical right. Just get their agenda done, using all forms of media and the right surrogates at the right venues.

Instead, they are turning many to vote differently in 2006, not Democratic, but not Republican either. The Dems win then. They will then control not only the judiciary committee, but also the agenda. If the GOP holds their majority, it will be slim indeed, with a public that won't be buying what they are trying to sell.

I don't listen to anything Pat Robertson says or does. The man is a total fraud and a slave owner with his holdings in diamond and gold mines in Africa that forcefully employ young children to do the dangerous work.

Not to mention, above all else, he was in cahoots with West Africa's Al-Queda linked terrorist, Charles Taylor, who supported by the greed of demagogues like Robertson killed over 1 million people and raped and maimed hundreds of thousands more in Liberia, Guinea and Sierra Leone in order to secure the diamond mines in those countries.

Pat Robertson can get deez nuts.

The President needs to get his focus back on foreign affairs. We cannot allow the terrorists to regain strength to our great sorrow in the future.

Those of you who worry incessantly about the courts, let me ask you this.
Do you honestly believe this nation is in a moral crisis? I don't. I see parents raising their children, going to church, obeying the law, working hard, buying houses, saving money for the future and being honestly frightened over the budget issues appearing now and on the horizion. They want better, more effective government. They want the poisionous debate on issues like abortion and Terri Schavo to dissapate and become an honest, respectable debate that can lead to real progress. We can't make any progress if the great majority of our party is being overshadowed by the outlandish and out of control comments of a few on our party's edges.

I believe there are certain judges (as always, since Thomas Jefferson for argument's sake) who are on their own agenda that often does not reflect well for the rest of the country. As Ted Olson, one of this nation's most conservative and wisest legal scholars noted recently, the judicial system in this country is not in crisis, it is not a "disaster". It works, Americans respect it, and it is an irreplaceable piece of fabric in our government and society.

The irresponsible jackasses like Ann Coulter and Tom DeLay who are assaulting this judicary (in lock step with their liberal counterparts like the ACLU and Barbara Boxer) are making all of us look bad and poisioning the debate we need to have within the party.

We need to stop worrying about the judges themselves than the liberal democrats who are obstructing our president's choices and programs. They must be stopped. They are the real problem, not the judges.

How can Pres. Bush get conservative and libertarian judges on the bench if the damn liberals won't even let them get a vote?

The attitude and belief that moderates are 'liberals in sheeps clothing' will be the primary factor in why republicans lose votes. I used to be a liberal until I got tired of the BS that the far left was preaching about, so I consider myself an independent now, but the more I hear the right call the middle 'left' or wishy washy and can't make decisions, the further left I will move to get away from them. Others will follow suit.

People on the right bitch and complain about how those on the left just need to move to the center, but I don't see anyone on the right talk about them moving to the center, only moving further to the right and justifying it by calling it 'balance' because of the left. If those on the right wish to retain power, they need to acknowledge that mainstream america is NOT on the right, nor the left, but in the middle or they will lose yet again.

"Yet again"??!!

I'd take an 83% success rate across eleven years and six election cycles any time I could get it!

SmarterThanYou said:
People on the right bitch and complain about how those on the left just need to move to the center, but I don't see anyone on the right talk about them moving to the center, only moving further to the right and justifying it by calling it 'balance' because of the left. If those on the right wish to retain power, they need to acknowledge that mainstream america is NOT on the right, nor the left, but in the middle or they will lose yet again.

If these were "normal" times, I'd agree. But look back over the last thirty years and you see that the nation has been moving left almost continuously. Sometimes slowly, under Reagan and Bush Sr., but more often by leaps and bounds under Kennedy, Johnson, Carter and Clinton.

If you equate the country to a football field, the true center is not at the fifty yard line. Due to the erosion of our rights and the ever increasing intrusion of government, we need to get the ball back down to about the twenty in order to get to where I perceive the "center" of the field to be.

Even today, we're moving left. George Bush is trying to woo lib voters. To that end he calls the Minute Men participants vigilantes. That was both shameful and disgusting. But Bush puts political expedience and the perceived hispanic voting block ahead of the interest of the country. As a result he compromises our national security by failing to secure the borders on the one hand while he continues to jepoardize the rights of Americans with laws like the Patriot Act on the other.

SmarterThanYou said:
The attitude and belief that moderates are 'liberals in sheeps clothing' will be the primary factor in why republicans lose votes. I used to be a liberal until I got tired of the BS that the far left was preaching about, so I consider myself an independent now, but the more I hear the right call the middle 'left' or wishy washy and can't make decisions, the further left I will move to get away from them. Others will follow suit.

have WON 6 straight Congressional cycles and two straight Presidential.. I'll take "losses" like that every November..

Forum List

Back