As Of Today What Issues Do Want Addressed For 2008?

Annie

Diamond Member
Nov 22, 2003
We've been forced into these early contests, but what issues seem important to you today? Considering that it's been over 5 years since 9/11, is GWOT still #1?

It is for me. But I would go nuts for a candidate that was strong there and:

* argued for turning education, marriage, family issues back to the states

* in Congressional races, someone that would pledge not to vote for any bills that contained pork

* argued for disbanding Dept of Ed., Dept. of Homeland Security, Dept. of Energy

* announced they were against any type of business subsidies, including agriculture

Well it's a start.

1. Border Security
2. Lower taxes
3. Reorganize Dept of Education to cut at least half its cost to the American people and work to privatize it.

I'm sure there are other things but those 3 are first and foremost in my mind.

The biggest issue by far is border security. And along those lines security in general.

We've been forced into these early contests, but what issues seem important to you today? Considering that it's been over 5 years since 9/11, is GWOT still #1?

It shares top billing with boarder security, and the influx of criminals from Mexico, and from around the world.

It is for me. But I would go nuts for a candidate that was strong there and:

* argued for turning education, marriage, family issues back to the states

Important to me as well, but...........

* in Congressional races, someone that would pledge not to vote for any bills that contained pork

Not realistic, but it would be refreshing.

* argued for disbanding Dept of Ed., Dept. of Homeland Security, Dept. of Energy

Not disbanding, but reorganizing.

* announced they were against any type of business subsidies, including agriculture

Well it's a start.

The United States is the worlds "bread basket", changing policy that has been successful, seems counter-productive though some of the policies do seem lame.:eusa_whistle:

Forum List

Back