As I keep saying; nothing will change until the unctuous Calvinazi culture changes.

Chips Rafferty

Mar 30, 2007
North of Melbourne, Australia.
to whom I am able to relate. I must ask, "Chips", how you came by adopting the name of one of my favorite Australian actors?

Personally, its not God I dislike, it's the greater part of his fan club I cant stand.
(anon.)

The following is offered to further the development of this thread.

In my experience set, I have been a student in a couple of different seminaries. I have completed graduate work in comparative world religions I attend and facilitate inter-faith seminars and retreats. I also sit in meeting with Friends.

I have decided that if what passes for Christianity in this country is theist, then I am an atheist.

Religion in this country has become a function of the entertainment industry. Just in my neighborhood, there are three mega-churches that have built out to now being super megas. Two of those churches require the hiring of off duty police officers in county owned patrol cars to direct traffic into and out of their numerous services and events. The other had two traffic lights installed at tax payers expense. My brother-in-law, who is a minister, was associated with one of those churches. Recently he has had an over powering insight - scheduled "worship" in a big ugly mega-box is idolatry, temple worship and is in direct conflict with the original intent of the original teacher of righteousness, the scruffy itinerant rabbi, Yeshua. My brother-in-law has come from being all messed up on tobacco and alcohol, to being all messed up on Jesus and the Roman god Apollo (who was morphed to christ), to now running a street ministry and homeless shelter. Christ is a condition of being, not a distinct being. That concept is the full realization of the Black Elk quote you find below.

I follow, among too many other things, religious ideation and myth making. I have made a recent discovery that the peak of fundamental idolatry may have just about been reached and a more rational, universal and human oriented movement is beginning to emerge among younger Evangelicals and Pentecostals. Now, the Calvinist among them are a bit tougher nut to crack but there is a bit of a glimmer coming from them.

I am sure this will tip someones jug over, so I recommend you do a little reading and research before you attempt to take a shot a me. If what you believe is something with which you are comfortable, then by all means keep it up. You may not, however, conjurer up some scriptural curse and direct it at me or anyone else. I am not anti-religious. I am a radical defender of your religious freedom as long as it causes no harm or discomfort to any other.

Wait until I share my thoughts on quantum with you.

I AM

to whom I am able to relate. I must ask, "Chips", how you came by adopting the name of one of my favorite Australian actors?

The following is offered to further the development of this thread.

In my experience set, I have been a student in a couple of different seminaries. I have completed graduate work in comparative world religions I attend and facilitate inter-faith seminars and retreats. I also sit in meeting with Friends.

I have decided that if what passes for Christianity in this country is theist, then I am an atheist.

Religion in this country has become a function of the entertainment industry. Just in my neighborhood, there are three mega-churches that have built out to now being super megas. Two of those churches require the hiring of off duty police officers in county owned patrol cars to direct traffic into and out of their numerous services and events. The other had two traffic lights installed at tax payers expense. My brother-in-law, who is a minister, was associated with one of those churches. Recently he has had an over powering insight - scheduled "worship" in a big ugly mega-box is idolatry, temple worship and is in direct conflict with the original intent of the original teacher of righteousness, the scruffy itinerant rabbi, Yeshua. My brother-in-law has come from being all messed up on tobacco and alcohol, to being all messed up on Jesus and the Roman god Apollo (who was morphed to christ), to now running a street ministry and homeless shelter. Christ is a condition of being, not a distinct being. That concept is the full realization of the Black Elk quote you find below.

I follow, among too many other things, religious ideation and myth making. I have made a recent discovery that the peak of fundamental idolatry may have just about been reached and a more rational, universal and human oriented movement is beginning to emerge among younger Evangelicals and Pentecostals. Now, the Calvinist among them are a bit tougher nut to crack but there is a bit of a glimmer coming from them.

I am sure this will tip someones jug over, so I recommend you do a little reading and research before you attempt to take a shot a me. If what you believe is something with which you are comfortable, then by all means keep it up. You may not, however, conjurer up some scriptural curse and direct it at me or anyone else. I am not anti-religious. I am a radical defender of your religious freedom as long as it causes no harm or discomfort to any other.

Wait until I share my thoughts on quantum with you.

I AM

I must ask, "Chips", how you came by adopting the name of one of my favorite Australian actors?

Because poor ol' Chips was the last of the dinkiy di (not dinky dow! ;) ) Aussies that I spring from. An innately anarchistic people who like cutting the legs out from under the "tall poppies" and are proud of, rather than apologetic, for their penal colony ancestry.

People like my old Gaelic granny who gave me the amazingly pragmatic maxim, "The bigger the bible, the bigger the crook!"

People who are the philosophical opposite to the majority of the astonishingly narcissistic, patently transparent, sickeningly synthetic, psalm-singing flag-waving WASP widgets that infest this board.

People s-o-o fundamentally different to the USMB's fundifascists, that the only spirachul explanation can be that all Seppos are the epitome of evil and must exterminated, in Sam's Holy Name, of course!

People like my old Gaelic granny who gave me the amazingly pragmatic maxim, "The bigger the bible, the bigger the crook!"

Some of my undesirable kin, who were on the wrong side of the Crown, Protectorate, or the reinfestation had to take non voluntary transport out to OZ. The rest were shipped to the Maryland colony and the West Indies some in chains and some indentured.

I also have some Levellers, some Dutchmen, some blue faced Highlanders, and a good number of Sligo and Gallway Kelts in m'mix. Of course, there is a Frenchman or two.

I was an indentured Calvinist myself for a while. I broke that spell when I struck out into the wider world. I do share some ideation and a moral compass with New Thought and with Friends. I am eclectic and open to that which reveals itself in my deeper mind.

I have to think that Kona Coast was the low point for me in Chips film career. I saw it as a first run while I was still in Japan in 1968. It was the same year that an Aussie nurse awarded me her four military issue, white garter clips at an R&R center in Tokyo for an outstanding performance.

In 1966 I was honored to walk over the ground at Gallipoli.

I AM

Some of my undesirable kin, who were on the wrong side of the Crown, Protectorate, or the reinfestation had to take non voluntary transport out to OZ. The rest were shipped to the Maryland colony and the West Indies some in chains and some indentured.

I also have some Levellers, some Dutchmen, some blue faced Highlanders, and a good number of Sligo and Gallway Kelts in m'mix. Of course, there is a Frenchman or two.

I was an indentured Calvinist myself for a while. I broke that spell when I struck out into the wider world. I do share some ideation and a moral compass with New Thought and with Friends. I am eclectic and open to that which reveals itself in my deeper mind.

I have to think that Kona Coast was the low point for me in Chips film career. I saw it as a first run while I was still in Japan in 1968. It was the same year that an Aussie nurse awarded me her four military issue, white garter clips at an R&R center in Tokyo for an outstanding performance.

In 1966 I was honored to walk over the ground at Gallipoli.

I AM

Shit, that’s an impressive pedigree!

A renegade Calvinazi, eh? I’ve been a “Catholic, a Hindu, an Atheist, a Jain,
a Buddhist and a Baptist and a Jew” ;) trying to ingratiate myself with our mad-dog deity, and “save” myself from this God’s psychotic need for multi-generational revenge for my female Jewish progenitor’s natural need for knowledge.

I’ll talk to Diuretic about making you an honorary Aussie, like the much reviled Ruby.

Dee is a dirty Jesus-denying atheist (....in rabid Americhrischun eyes, that is!) but like you, a more religiously tolerant version of me. Given your credentials, I am sure it will be a mere formality.

I can safely say, “Welcome to our Antipodean anti-Fundifascist fold!” :clap2:

I’ll talk to Diuretic about making you an honorary Aussie, like the much reviled Ruby

I think I know Diuretic from PC&A. In fact I may have signed on here this time last year from a comment he made at PC&A and then I was side tracked by another target rich environment.

Thanks for you kind comments.

I AM

Forum List

Back