As I have Stated...'GOP should dump McConnell for obstructing Trump agenda'

easyt65

Diamond Member
Aug 4, 2015
Erick Erickson says GOP should dump McConnell for obstructing Trump agenda

“Well he doesn’t seem to be down with the president’s agenda, I mean where is the wall, where’s tax reform, where’s Obamacare repeal? These are all things that go to the Senate and then they suddenly die.”

“It’s not like there aren’t the votes in the Senate to get them passed.”

It's no secret 'Mitchie Rich' McConnell did not / does not like Trump and wanted him out of the election, wanted him to lose the election.

He is a flaming Washington Establishment, status-quo, gutless cowardly Republican who was born a follower who loves power and will do anything to keep it rather than a leader.

“Mitch McConnell, in public, says he wants to pass a health care reform plan that repeals ObamaCare,” Erickson wrote. “But behind the scenes, McConnell has been working over liberal senators to assure them his plan will not actually scrap the Medicaid expansion and that he will undermine Senator Ted Cruz’s amendment to provide individual freedom in health care choices.”

“McConnell, again and again, stacks the deck against conservatives,” he added, “setting them up to be the fall guy for his own failures.”

“Well he doesn’t seem to be down with the president’s agenda, I mean where is the wall, where’s tax reform, where’s Obamacare repeal? These are all things that go to the Senate and then they suddenly die.”

It's no secret 'Mitchie Rich' McConnell did not / does not like Trump and wanted him out of the election, wanted him to lose the election.

He is a flaming Washington Establishment, status-quo, gutless cowardly Republican who was born a follower who loves power and will do anything to keep it rather than a leader.

“Mitch McConnell, in public, says he wants to pass a health care reform plan that repeals ObamaCare,” Erickson wrote. “But behind the scenes, McConnell has been working over liberal senators to assure them his plan will not actually scrap the Medicaid expansion and that he will undermine Senator Ted Cruz’s amendment to provide individual freedom in health care choices.”

“McConnell, again and again, stacks the deck against conservatives,” he added, “setting them up to be the fall guy for his own failures.”
And what is the "Trump Agenda"? Amuse us.

I'm no McConnell fan or Ryan fa but when you go to congress, you are supposed to ve your constituiency and the constitution, not the president. I was Proud of representative Paul when he stood up to the GOP onthings like the patriot act.

And what is the "Trump Agenda"? Amuse us.

Trump has flipped 3 times on healthcare in the past week. His agenda is a chef's salad prepared by a mental patient.

What on earth made you believe that you elected a king or dictator? A 1000 mile 40 foot high wall that Mexico was going to pay for was about as realistic as Bernie Sanders promising a free college education for everyone.

You cannot repeal Obamacare leaving millions that were forced onto it without insurance overnight, without a replacement.

John Boehner--stated last February that all the repeal/replace rhetoric was nothing more that wildly optimistic happy talk for the campaign season, citing Republicans NEVER agree on health care. They had seven years to work on one--and never came up with one.
Report: John Boehner says Obamacare won't be repealed and replaced

Plus you have this going on in every single Republican town hall.

Senator Tom Cotton of Arkansas getting ripped a new one.

The next time some ass clown is promising you a bunch of bullshit you might want to think about what congress is going to approve.

Here is what one of your favorities stated when a caller was able to sneak onto his program and corner him.

Many of the top GOP were/are against Trump and have been since the beginning, but I'm not sure if it's just Trump they are against. Remember those under Obama (like Boehner) that wouldn't do a damn thing then either. That swamp needs drained both right & left

I'm no McConnell fan or Ryan fa but when you go to congress, you are supposed to ve your constituiency and the constitution, not the president. I was Proud of representative Paul when he stood up to the GOP onthings like the patriot act.

They don't serve at the pleasure of the President, you're right they serve for the constituents. Some are and many are not.

Many of the top GOP were/are against Trump and have been since the beginning, but I'm not sure if it's just Trump they are against. Remember those under Obama (like Boehner) that wouldn't do a damn thing then either. That swamp needs drained both right & left

You need to understand basic civics.

1. You cannot repeal Obamacare and leave millions that were forced onto it without insurance overnight.
2. It does no good to send up 30 house bills to repeal Obamacare with Obama sitting in the Oval office with a veto pen.
3. Threatening to shut down the government at every opportunity only hurts Republicans. Been there done that before.
4. Ted Cruz getting on the United States Senate floor and reading Green Eggs and Ham over Obamacare didn't work either.

Republicans had last 7 years to work on a new healthcare bill that they could have presented to the American public and didn't get it done. For the last 7 years all they have done is bitch and campaign on repealing Obamacare. Henceforth they were just using Obamacare as a political dog & pony show. When Trump won, they came up with a POS bill that nobody wants.

Last edited:

1. You cannot repeal Obamacare and leave millions that were forced onto it without insurance overnight.
2. It does no good to send up 30 house bills to repeal Obamacare with Obama sitting in the Oval office with a veto pen.
3. Threatening to shut down the government at every opportunity only hurts Republicans. Been there done that before.
4. Ted Cruz getting on the United States Senate floor and reading Green Eggs and Ham over Obamacare didn't work either.

Republicans had last 7 years to work on a new healthcare bill that they could have presented to the American public and didn't get it done. For the last 7 years all they have done is bitch and campaign on repealing Obamacare. Henceforth they were just using Obamacare as a political dog & pony show.

I didn't misunderstand anything. If you didn't notice, that's just about what I had said. Need more coffee??

Yet what you and Tom Horn in the thread he just posted are both advocating getting rid of the people who disagree with him. That is not how our government works. You know better.

I don't know about Tom, but I am advocating holding McConnell accountable for his lies and inability to lead and represent the American people.

McConnell was one of the man few dumbasses who claimed, "If only we had the House...now if only we had the Senate...now if only we had the WH we could repeal and replace the ACA'.

He said he had every intention of doing what the people made clear they wanted ... Well, he was given everything he claimed he needed, and he still found a way to fail. That's all he ever does.

While I do believe the GOP Congress should support the GOP President. The people who voted him in as President made it clear they wanted his agenda supported. McConnell SAID he wanted that, too. He lied...or he completely sucks as a leader.

Either way, for lying and/or sucking as a leader - for being a continuous gutless coward / failure, I believe a change in leadership is warranted.

They don't serve at the pleasure of the President, you're right they serve for the constituents. Some are and many are not.
Back in 2008 the left believed that they were going to elect the next Messiah who was going to Lower the Oceans and Heal the Planet. Isn't a king or dictator, much lower than that?

obama-messiah.jpg

Yet what you and Tom Horn in the thread he just posted are both advocating getting rid of the people who disagree with him. That is not how our government works. You know better.

I don't know about Tom, but I am advocating holding McConnell accountable for his lies and inability to lead and represent the American people.

McConnell was one of the man few dumbasses who claimed, "If only we had the House...now if only we had the Senate...now if only we had the WH we could repeal and replace the ACA'.

He said he had every intention of doing what the people made clear they wanted ... Well, he was given everything he claimed he needed, and he still found a way to fail. That's all he ever does.

While I do believe the GOP Congress should support the GOP President. The people who voted him in as President made it clear they wanted his agenda supported. McConnell SAID he wanted that, too. He lied...or he completely sucks as a leader.

Either way, for lying and/or sucking as a leader - for being a continuous gutless coward / failure, I believe a change in leadership is warranted.
While I do believe the GOP Congress should support the GOP President. The people who voted him in as President made it clear they wanted his agenda supported
Senators represent something a little different than just the President. They are also representing the interests of their state and the people in it. That is what makes you and Horn sound like you want anyone who disagrees with the President removed. That, to me, is a dictatorship move. McConnell and the Republicans could have had a bipartisan discussion and gotten a number of Democrats on their side and come up with a better plan that satisfied a lot more people.
But from what I'm hearing, I am more and more convinced that this really is mostly a maneuver to cut Medicaid so Trump can carry out his promised tax cuts to the wealthiest Americans and large corporations. There is nothing in this plan that really commends it except cutting Medicaid expenses. The rest of it sucks out loud.

There is no Trump agenda. Trump has no plan for healthcare or taxes. It has to be built from, scratch. When Reagan was elected, he had a tax plan and a plan for building up our military. Reagan was also actively engaged in selling his plan to the public. He was the opposite of Trump. Obamacare has been somewhat successful in getting more people insurance but it has its problem. The so-called conservative case is "let them eat cake." Voters want it fixed not repealed.

Republicans had last 7 years to work on a new healthcare bill that they could have presented to the American public and didn't get it done. For the last 7 years all they have done is bitch and campaign on repealing Obamacare. Henceforth they were just using Obamacare as a political dog & pony show.

I didn't misunderstand anything. If you didn't notice, that's just about what I had said. Need more coffee??

You stated John Boehner didn't do a dam thing. I just gave you the reason why John Boehner couldn't do anything, which is the same reason Mitch McConnell can't do anything.

As JOHN BOEHNER stated in February--Republicans never agree on health care, and he also stated that all the repeal/replace rhetoric was nothing more than wildly optimistic happy talk for the campaign season.
Report: John Boehner says Obamacare won't be repealed and replaced

Watch the video in that link--

While I do believe the GOP Congress should support the GOP President. The people who voted him in as President made it clear they wanted his agenda supported
Senators represent something a little different than just the President. They are also representing the interests of their state and the people in it. That is what makes you and Horn sound like you want anyone who disagrees with the President removed. That, to me, is a dictatorship move. McConnell and the Republicans could have had a bipartisan discussion and gotten a number of Democrats on their side and come up with a better plan that satisfied a lot more people.
But from what I'm hearing, I am more and more convinced that this really is mostly a maneuver to cut Medicaid so Trump can carry out his promised tax cuts to the wealthiest Americans and large corporations. There is nothing in this plan that really commends it except cutting Medicaid expenses. The rest of it sucks out loud.
Why is it that a slowing of growth of Medicaid spending is considered a cut by liberals? Why should I have to pay more of my money to people who don't deserve to be covered, because they are lazy and liberal?

caf08a0277f5d8f10ad784370788270d.jpg

Senators represent something a little different than just the President.
Then let McConnell relinquish his position as the Senate MAJORITY LEADER and become just another Senator in the Senate so he can focus solely on his own state.

Forum List

Back