As Disapprovals Move Up, Investigations Begin

Annie

Diamond Member
Nov 22, 2003
More 'Hope & Change'!

As the people start to put pressure on the administrations actions and proposals it's time to bring back Bush! Links at site:

TigerHawk

Sunday, July 12, 2009
Obama's popularity declines, and the investigations begin

By TigerHawk at 7/12/2009 07:03:00 AM
Call me a cynic, but I am not in the least surprised that a couple of weeks after Barack Obama's strong approval/disapproval ratings took a turn to the unfavorable and Obamacare is looking less like a lead pipe cinch it is suddenly time to investigate the Bush administration.

UPDATE (Monday 5:30 am): This story from the morning's New York Times basically says that the pressure to investigate Bush-era intelligence and interrogation practices is indeed coming from the left, and that the Obama administration is resisting it because it believes that a Congressional or prosecutorial investigation would be a circus that will disrupt his domestic agenda. Well, if the Obamans are right, then we have a delicious double irony: Lefty Dems are going to wreck their last, best opportunity to socialize medicine out of their zeal to prosecute Bushies, and Republicans are going to get a shot at stopping the legislative juggernaut because the Democrats want to throw them in jail.

Great point! Makes total sense... They have to take the focus of Obama because everyone knows he is sucking ass as a President.

What a farce this is going to be.

It already started with Penetta lying for Pelosi, and it will only get worse.

Shouldn't this be in the Conspiracy Theory section???

do you think that's what happened when the repubs hounded the clintons?

funny how whenever a dem does anything, the wingnuts yell "wag the dog". some things never change.

and what's a little torture among friends, right?

but let's all listento the wingnutblogs!!!

funny how whenever a dem does anything, the wingnuts yell "wag the dog". some things never change.

So should all of the Democrats who knew may have known about this be investigated too, or just Republicans?

I can't believe some people even use blogs as 'credible' sources...

Go figure.....

Go figure.....

They aren't credible but they are handy for some who would just like to grab those talking points on the run.

I don't even read Democratic blogs. It's just someone's opinion, it isn't as if they have to research anything or be sure their commentary is correct.

So the radical liberals can only respond with:

1. They're wingnuts
2. It's a blog, never mind that it is a point of discussion
3. 'wag the dog' wasn't something the conservatives came up with, rather Clinton politicos
4. If we just tarnish the source, perhaps no one will add to the obvious merit of the observation.
5. BIG POINT: Obama is in trouble, most radical leftists understand that, many of them are even having doubts.

Nothing gets the democratics back under the 0bama wing more than a good ol' Booooooosh Admin investigation...

Sounds like Barry got tired of seeing his numbers drop...

Nothing gets the democratics back under the 0bama wing more than a good ol' Booooooosh Admin investigation...

Sounds like Barry got tired of seeing his numbers drop...
Except they don't seem to realize, folks who will like this are a small, fringe, shrill moonbat minority and most ALL Americans won't appreciate this shit in the slightest. So if the goal is better approval ratings, this ploy will fail miserably.

1. They're wingnuts
3. 'wag the dog' wasn't something the conservatives came up with, rather Clinton politicos
4. If we just tarnish the source, perhaps no one will add to the obvious merit of the observation.
5. BIG POINT: Obama is in trouble, most radical leftists understand that, many of them are even having doubts.

only with the 20 percent of right-wing, religious whackjobs in the US do I even become a liberal, let alone a radical. To the normal 80 per cent of Yanks and the rest of the western world I'm a centrist, and believe it or not, to some I'm even a conservative.

BIG POINT: Obama is not in trouble, the radical right would love him to be. He was left a mess by Bush, and in typical right-wing crapola, you shift the blame to Obama. You know, you guys would have a lot more credibility going after him, if you waited 18 months to see if his policies work. Going after him on January 21 just dented your credibility big time to us neutrals....He could pay of the debt in six months, have the US economy growing by 10 %, have the lowest taxes in 200 years, and 1% unemployment and you'd still hate him. This is not about policies, this is about you guys having a total moron in power for 8 years, being called on it, and now think you can do the same with Obama. Problem is, Obama is intelligent. Is he a great president? Doubt it. Will he fix everything? Doubt it. Is he doing the best he can. Yes.

As for blogs, they are just opinions. Big freaking deal. We all have those. Get a link from a political scientist without an agenda.

Last edited:
More 'Hope & Change'!

As the people start to put pressure on the administrations actions and proposals it's time to bring back Bush! Links at site:

TigerHawk

Sunday, July 12, 2009
Obama's popularity declines, and the investigations begin

By TigerHawk at 7/12/2009 07:03:00 AM
Call me a cynic, but I am not in the least surprised that a couple of weeks after Barack Obama's strong approval/disapproval ratings took a turn to the unfavorable and Obamacare is looking less like a lead pipe cinch it is suddenly time to investigate the Bush administration.

UPDATE (Monday 5:30 am): This story from the morning's New York Times basically says that the pressure to investigate Bush-era intelligence and interrogation practices is indeed coming from the left, and that the Obama administration is resisting it because it believes that a Congressional or prosecutorial investigation would be a circus that will disrupt his domestic agenda. Well, if the Obamans are right, then we have a delicious double irony: Lefty Dems are going to wreck their last, best opportunity to socialize medicine out of their zeal to prosecute Bushies, and Republicans are going to get a shot at stopping the legislative juggernaut because the Democrats want to throw them in jail.

One of the most ANNOYING things about you cons is that you don't seem to be paying attention, and neither do the genius authors of the opinion articles you cite.

Investigation of Bush-era intelligence and interrogation practices has consistently been a topic of debate. It isn't something that popped up last week, last month, or over the weekend. In fact (IF you were paying attention), you would know that there is a conflict between Obama and his own AG, Eric Holder, over this.

Except there's no conspiracy. It's almost a given that Cheney ordered the silence of whatever this surveillance program was. It's what Cheney and Addington did--anything they wanted--with no thought to its legality and of course secretly so that no oversight was possible.

The CIA can't be blamed for any of it, as whatever they did was ordered from the top.

That reminded me: Congress spent more time "investigating" Clinton's Christmas card list than it did the incidents at Abu Ghraib.

Go figure.....

They aren't credible but they are handy for some who would just like to grab those talking points on the run.

I don't even read Democratic blogs. It's just someone's opinion, it isn't as if they have to research anything or be sure their commentary is correct.

I read them, but don't quote anything from them unless there is a hyperlinked source. With no originating source, the opinion often is way off the mark.

That reminded me: Congress spent more time "investigating" Clinton's Christmas card list than it did the incidents at Abu Ghraib.

just like Clinton spent more money prosecuting Bill Gates than he did trying to get bin Laden.

Last edited:

1. They're wingnuts

only with the 20 percent of right-wing, religious whackjobs in the US do I even become a liberal, let alone a radical. To the normal 80 per cent of Yanks and the rest of the western world I'm a centrist, and believe it or not, to some I'm even a conservative.

BIG POINT: Obama is not in trouble, the radical right would love him to be. He was left a mess by Bush, and in typical right-wing crapola, you shift the blame to Obama. You know, you guys would have a lot more credibility going after him, if you waited 18 months to see if his policies work. Going after him on January 21 just dented your credibility big time to us neutrals....He could pay of the debt in six months, have the US economy growing by 10 %, have the lowest taxes in 200 years, and 1% unemployment and you'd still hate him. This is not about policies, this is about you guys having a total moron in power for 8 years, being called on it, and now think you can do the same with Obama. Problem is, Obama is intelligent. Is he a great president? Doubt it. Will he fix everything? Doubt it. Is he doing the best he can. Yes.

As for blogs, they are just opinions. Big freaking deal. We all have those. Get a link from a political scientist without an agenda.

My feelings exactly and right-on. Bravo. Now I can go fix myself that martini.

Forum List

Back