As an American, I know my rights.

Bart said:
Does a Canadian have similar rights? Does free speech mean free speech or government approved talk?

:dunno:

I think the exceptions to free speech are similar to USA's. This guy http://www.rense.com/general42/weho.htm is a good example of the sort of thing the government doesn't like. I don't have a problem with this guy being shut up, but, what I don't know is how he would be treated in America? WOuld he have the right to continue preaching his shit, or would he be stopped? Canada has harsher "hate laws" with regard to literatuare, radio and tv (against gays, jews, blacks ect) but no one walks around worrying about what they say and who hears it. Don't forget, we are that great politcally correct country, where no one hates frenchmen, blacks, or gays. ;) May I ask what brought about this question? Was your baite confiscated again? :funnyface

We don't have a first ammendment, but bill c-240 may cover some things you were wondering about (as in what is not allowed to be said publicly about certain groups).

Said1 said:
I think the exceptions to free speech are similar to USA's. This guy http://www.rense.com/general42/weho.htm is a good example of the sort of thing the government doesn't like. I don't have a problem with this guy being shut up, but, what I don't know is how he would be treated in America? WOuld he have the right to continue preaching his shit, or would he be stopped? I think Canada may be a little bit harsher about what people are producing for the general public the read, but no one walks around worrying about what they say and who hears it. We already have gay tv shows, and "The Trailor Park Boys", so I don't think we are that controlled. :mm: May I ask what brought about this question? Was your baite confiscated again? :funnyface
Well, because the people in the liberal media and in hollywood wouldn't accept his message, nothing would happen to him. His views would never be reported.

Moi said:
Well, because the people in the liberal media and in hollywood wouldn't accept his message, nothing would happen to him. His views would never be reported.

His message isn't accepted here either. I guess the question should be, where do you draw the line when it come to free speech?

Forum List

Back