As a libertarian I support your choices.

Unlike yourself, I never offered to force anyone to enact a law to raise taxes to reward irresponsible parents.
Unlike yourself, I think everyone should be responsible for the health of children even if they have irresponsible parents. Unlike yourself, I don't want to punish the child for the sins of the father.
I am not responsible for the children of other people.

I never wanted kids, never had a kid so I see no reason that I must care for yours

Seems to me it's more humane to take children away from people who won't care for them than it is to leave them with people who won't care for them
So are you saying poor people shouldn't have children or poor children shouldn't have healthcare?

I never wanted kids, never had a kid so I see no reason that I must care for yours
I think you made the right decision.

I wonder what schools you attended as a child? Was it public school? Any college?

Seems to me it's more humane to take children away from people who won't care for them than it is to leave them with people who won't care for them
So are you saying poor people shouldn't have children or poor children shouldn't have healthcare?

If you know you can't afford to have kids then you shouldn't.

It's not a difficult concept

I wonder what schools you attended as a child? Was it public school? Any college?

I was orphaned at 14 my father died when I was 8 my mother when i was 14.

I became an emancipated minor at 17. I dropped out of HS but got my GED later. I have taken enough college courses to get a couple different degrees I just never completed any of the residency requirements.

I don't see why that matters because it's easy for anyone to know whether or not they can afford to have a kid

I envy you, living in such a black and white world. Alas, I see only greys.

So how much money do you need to be a parent? What is the minimum you have to provide to your children?

So how much money do you need to be a parent? What is the minimum you have to provide to your children?
How much money do we need to give to those parents who decided to have sex in high school?

You have to be able to feed clothe shelter and provide for any other need of a child. If a person can't do any of that for himself he has no business having kids

It's not a difficult concept.

I became an emancipated minor at 17. I dropped out of HS but got my GED later. I have taken enough college courses to get a couple different degrees I just never completed any of the residency requirements.

I don't see why that matters because it's easy for anyone to know whether or not they can afford to have a kid
Sorry you had such a rough childhood. No child should have to go through that.

Who paid for your schooling before you dropped out? What about the college courses, who paid for them? I wonder if it was people who complained about being responsible for the children of other people?

Who paid for your schooling before you dropped out? What about the college courses, who paid for them? I wonder if it was people who complained about being responsible for the children of other people?

It was what it was and millions if not billions of people have had worse.

I dropped out of public school and I paid for all my own college courses

And really public school is not a necessity of survival food clothing and shelter are. Take that from a person who knows what it is like to struggle for those things

How much money do we need to give to those parents who decided to have sex in high school?
Enough so they can raise a healthy baby.

You have to be able to feed clothe shelter and provide for any other need of a child. If a person can't do any of that for himself he has no business having kids

I guess your parents shouldn't have had children since they knew they would die young and leave you an orphan. Oh wait, they didn't know the future did they.

And really public school is not a necessity of survival food clothing and shelter are. Take that from a person who knows what it is like to struggle for those things
If you had gotten sick at 16, who would have been responsible for your medical bills?

I guess your parents shouldn't have had children since they knew they would die young and leave you an orphan. Oh wait, they didn't know the future did they.

They probably shouldn't have. And it would mean nothing to me if they didn't

But since we are capable of planning for unforeseen events we don't have to be able to predict the future.

If you're going to have a kid then you better be able to afford life insurance in an amount sufficient to care for that child until he is at least 18.

If you had gotten sick at 16, who would have been responsible for your medical bills?

The foster system.

I don't know what point you are trying to make with these questions

You're the one who thinks children shouldn't be taken from parents who cannot or will not care for them not me.

Enough so they can raise a healthy baby.
Wow! That’s vague.

The foster system.

I don't know what point you are trying to make with these questions

You're the one who thinks children shouldn't be taken from parents who cannot or will not care for them not me.
I'm just trying to understand where you're coming from. Let me see if I got this right, orphaned at 14, you were put into the foster care system.

The foster care system is funded by the government and the government is funded by tax revenue. As bad as foster care may be, thanks to strangers sharing the cost of your care, you were not put onto the street or forced to work as a child laborer in a factory. That accurate?

It seems to me you would refuse others the same help that you yourself were given. I'll spare you my psychological diagnosis, you might want to explore that yourself.

Forum List

Back