As a kid, what's the dumbest thing you did?

And, drinking and driving or rather...driving in a car with people who were the drunk drivers..
Yeah, we did that. Can't believe how lucky I was not killing anybody thinking back on it.
My own parents even did it. My dad once wrecked his car and got a ride home from the cop. No charges. Long before the crackdown.

Ok, I'll start. I found a box of condoms in my step dads drawer, filled them up and threw them at Billy in gym class.

Then, Earlier, when I lived with Grand mother and my Aunt out in the country, they were both outside and I was in the house. I ran out and said "Grandma! You got a phone call!" She dropped what she was doing and ran in the house. We didn't have a phone. She hit me with the belt.

So what did you do?

Jimmy Page asked me to sing for his "New Yardbirds" group. I told him that it would never fly, it would go over like a lead Zeppelin.

On advise of Paul Krugman, I though the Internet was a fad and would have no more impact that a fax machine, so I thought it was ridiculous that Amazon was worth more than Barnes and Noble and Borders when it first came out and didn't buy a single share.

A friend wanted a drink from the garden hose and I accidentally turned it up too forceful and he nearly chocked to death.

I cut out of class and left early - and by myself - when I went to high school in the South Bronx in the 1970's. 2 yutes held me up at broken bottle point and made off with the 75 cents I had on me. I never cut class again after that.

Some of these are true

My cousin, Larry, had a bow & arrows. After target practice, he used to shoot arrows straight up into the air (to the point where you couldn't see them anymore), then stand there until they came back down.

I always left after target practice.

When I was 7 my life as a criminal started and ended on the same day. I don't know what came over me, but i went into the drug store, walked up to the counter and took a mounds candy bar, put it in my shirt pocket and walked out. A moment later the manager stopped me and he told me he saw what i did and that he knew my mom and dad and that unless I brought a dime to pay him for the candy by this time tomorrow, he was going to tell them. So I went home perplexed. i didn't want to get into more trouble so I reasoned it all out. I went to my grandmas house and when she was not looking I stole a dime from her to pay for the candy bar. I went straight after that.

I was an angelic child. I never did anything bad. There is no proof to the contrary.

Wait, there was that time I dumped Ipecac in that asshole's beer ... what a mess.

I was an angelic child. I never did anything bad. There is no proof to the contrary.

Wait, there was that time I dumped Ipecac in that asshole's beer ... what a mess.

An even nastier trick is 1 or 2 drops of hydraulic fluid in someone's coffee. They end up with the runs really bad for a couple of hours.

Best part? It's not detectable to your taste buds and can't be seen in the coffee.

Forum List

Back