As a Jew this is hard for me to explain

I’m 70 living in 2019ad. For those who didn’t know-------

“ad” means; The years “After Jesus’s death”.,.i.e. (ad)

2,019 years ago;.,.,,.,, Jesus walked the streets of Jerusalem

And He knew “Jerusalem” was not the “Promised Land”

Now over 2,000 years later I have found it.

The “Promised Land “ turns out to be-----

No,
It's not--
the Palestinian Land
now called “Israel”
But
The
“United States of America”
.,.,aka.,.,
USA
The United States​

And as an American, I consider a Jewish American to be just “an American” or a “Jewish American”.

But more importantly; I as an American; I view a Jew as a Jewish person. I view Jews who live in or born in “Israel” as Israelite’s; not a “Jew”, although they are from the same family.

there is a difference

No harm intended or implied

If I have offended, you

Please forgive me :)-

Ok?
The new convention is to use BCE instead of BC ( Before the Common Era) and CE (Common Era) instead of AD

America hasn't always been a paradise for Jews.

Within my lifetime, it was still legal to not rent or sell property to Jews. Real estate ads in New York City contained the phrase 'Only Gentiles Need Apply'.

Companies could discriminate against Jews in hiring. Large firms made it policy to not hire Jews.

Hotel chains across America were openly restricted to potential guests with 'Jewish-sounding' surnames.

You couldn't join many country or social clubs if you were Jewish.

In 1930s America, this man, Charles Coughlin, had a network radio show espousing anti-semitic rhetoric to millions of listeners.

330px-Charles_Coughlin.jpg

In the 1920s, this was a nation-wide best-seller

41aUzdxfdmL._SX331_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Israel is the only country on the face of this Earth where Jews are not the 'guests' of a host nation.

It's sad that there has to be at least one place where Jews can be autonomous, but history has shown, over and over again, that it is existentially necessary that Israel exist.
I completely and totally agree with you on this. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

America hasn't always been a paradise for Jews.

Within my lifetime, it was still legal to not rent or sell property to Jews. Real estate ads in New York City contained the phrase 'Only Gentiles Need Apply'.

Companies could discriminate against Jews in hiring. Large firms made it policy to not hire Jews.

Hotel chains across America were openly restricted to potential guests with 'Jewish-sounding' surnames.

You couldn't join many country or social clubs if you were Jewish.

In 1930s America, this man, Charles Coughlin, had a network radio show espousing anti-semitic rhetoric to millions of listeners.

330px-Charles_Coughlin.jpg

In the 1920s, this was a nation-wide best-seller

41aUzdxfdmL._SX331_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Israel is the only country on the face of this Earth where Jews are not the 'guests' of a host nation.

It's sad that there has to be at least one place where Jews can be autonomous, but history has shown, over and over again, that it is existentially necessary that Israel exist.
I completely and totally agree with you on this. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

Me too.

No,
It's not--
the Palestinian Land
now called “Israel”
But
The
.,.,aka.,.,
USA
The United States​

And as an American, I consider a Jewish American to be just “an American” or a “Jewish American”.

But more importantly; I as an American; I view a Jew as a Jewish person. I view Jews who live in or born in “Israel” as Israelite’s; not a “Jew”, although they are from the same family.

there is a difference

If I have offended, you

Ok?
I'm not Jewish, but I respect God's promises more than you.

I'm sure the Jews living in Germany felt the same way. They saw themselves as good Germans. But God had other plans.

It was time to fulfill a prophecy after 2520 years in exile. But the Jews of Europe were COMFORTABLE. They mocked, "Next year in Jerusalem."

Because they rejected who they were, God raised up Hitler force them to choose. Many chose wrong, and died.

No, America is NOT your "promised land." Of course you are welcome here (except by the American left), but recognize that you are disobeying God. He forced your people to choose not so long ago. I hope He allows you to abandon your identity in peace, but He knows what He is doing.
An Israeli Jew is not a Jew? That's a hunk of baloney! Most Israeli Jews are secular (non-religious), and so are many, if not most American Jews. Your post is extremely offensive.

No,
It's not--
the Palestinian Land
now called “Israel”
But
The
.,.,aka.,.,
USA
The United States​

there is a difference

If I have offended, you

Ok?

I'm sure the Jews living in Germany felt the same way. They saw themselves as good Germans. But God had other plans.

It was time to fulfill a prophecy after 2520 years in exile. But the Jews of Europe were COMFORTABLE. They mocked, "Next year in Jerusalem."

Because they rejected who they were, God raised up Hitler force them to choose. Many chose wrong, and died.

No, America is NOT your "promised land." Of course you are welcome here (except by the American left), but recognize that you are disobeying God. He forced your people to choose not so long ago. I hope He allows you to abandon your identity in peace, but He knows what He is doing.
An Israeli Jew is not a Jew? That's a hunk of baloney! Most Israeli Jews are secular (non-religious), and so are many, if not most American Jews. Your post is extremely offensive.

They don’t even think it is.

Another non Jew spouting off about Jews. As if he were knowledgeable. :cool-45:

No,
It's not--
the Palestinian Land
now called “Israel”
But
The
.,.,aka.,.,
USA
The United States​

there is a difference

If I have offended, you

Ok?

Did you write this crap?

I think there was confusion with the AD = After Death.

It meant there was a 33 year gap between BC and AD.

A.D. doesnt mean "after death"

"A.D." stands for anno domini, Latin for “in the year of the lord,” and refers specifically to the birth of Jesus Christ. "B.C." stands for "before Christ."

Actually, A.D. stands for Anno Domini (the year of the lord).

Yes but we have to use BCE/CE now as to not offend anyone

I'm not offended by "Anno Domini"or AD at all.

And I don't see why anyone else would be.

Because it is based on Jesus Christ.

So what? Don't all people agree that Jesus H. Christ is a critical individual in World History- even if they might disagree with the theological fact that He is Almighy God?

So what? Don't all people agree that Jesus H. Christ is a critical individual in World History- even if they might disagree with the theological fact that He is Almighy God?

Some people think he never existed.

A.D. doesnt mean "after death"

"A.D." stands for anno domini, Latin for “in the year of the lord,” and refers specifically to the birth of Jesus Christ. "B.C." stands for "before Christ."

Yes, I know. That is why I said it was due to the confusion.

Anno Domini begins with the birth of Jesus.

Yes it does. But many people make the same mistake the poster earlier in this thread did, by thinking it means "after death". That is why I said the problem was due to the confusion.

"CE" and "BCE" are also based on Jesus Christ.

Forum List

Back