CDZ As a Christian, what kind of nonsocial policies should I support?

Luke 22:36
He said to them, "But now if you have a purse, take it, and also a bag; and if you don't have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one.

Christian's need to take back Europe. Including east Europe. It doesn't even make sense to try to tackle Muslims if we can't even do that.

Many people try to use the teachings of Jesus to justify wealth redistribution programs. However, as a christian, what types of charity should be the responsibility of churches and individual (christian) people, and what should be the resonsibity of the government?

That would depend on how well one handles that better than the other. We know from experience with depressions that churches and their related charities are woefully inadequate to the task when their donations drop, which is what happens during depressions, and this increases demands on governments to respond. This was true long before Christianity came along, and even more true today. 'Free markets' can't do it well either; see the Irish Famines for a prime example; Ireland was producing food in abundance, but the land owners were getting higher prices for their cattle and other foodstuffs in the German market, so they just let their own country's people starve to death because they made more money exporting.

Can you clarify the two remarks below, please?

take regardless of what the individual in question wants.

Non-governmental entities operate with the full consent of those that are cooperating with them
I don't know how to make it any more clear. The government does not operate with individual consent. Hell, it does not really even operate with majority consent. It acts with the authority of force. Non-governmental entities do not do so - for you to participate you must willingly do so.

Non-governmental entities operate with the full consent of those that are cooperating with them
I don't know how to make it any more clear. The government does not operate with individual consent. Hell, it does not really even operate with majority consent. It acts with the authority of force. Non-governmental entities do not do so - for you to participate you must willingly do so.

As go the willing participants, do you mean the recipients or the "donors" or both?

A real follower of Jesus would acknowledge that his kingdom was not of this world.

Jesus taught that one should have an individual relationship with God, not through group membership. He also said to give unto Caesar that which is Caesar's, acknowledging the distinction between politics and religion. The only rule that applies to both is Do unto others as they would do unto you. In a political context, this means: Do not require of others that which you would not require of yourself.

As go the willing participants, do you mean the recipients or the "donors" or both?
The donors. Recipients, for the most part, have an option. Those that do not are usually forced for a reason and that is rarely called 'charity.'

I feel comfortable with the social policies I support (pro life and anti government marriage control. I support this because it allows us to not even need to debate about the whole gay marriage issue), but what do you think Christians should support in other areas of government policies?

Please note that this is meant for people who are very familiar with Christianity/the bible. Supporting your policies with bible verses would be appreciated.
Mediation to resolve conflicts by consensus to include diversity ensure equal protections of law and justice prevent violence bullying abuse corruption oppression and crime.
Matthew 18:15-20

Spiritual healing to cure the cause of disease mental physical and even criminal illness, establish restorative justice that brings sustainable peace in society. James 5:16

Equal access to education and mentorship assistance so all people can learn to fish, and end cycles of poverty and oppression by working in teams no matter what level class or stage we are in.
Be fishers of men,
Love one another as Christ loves us, forgive one another as we ask forgiveness. Perfect love casts out fear. Love never fails.

Cooperation between all tribes and nations regardless of political or religious affiliation, where all are joined in harmony in Christian Jesus, and made new perfect and whole.

Rev 4 in christ all is made new.

And all are one in Christ jesus

Last edited:

Forum List

Back