Artur Davis: Interview: Why Blacks Will Come to the GOP

Conservative

Type 40
Jul 1, 2011
Pennsylvania
Welcome aboard, Mr. Davis. Glad to have you!:clap2::clap2::clap2:

I got behind Barack Obama early and enthusiastically for two very simple reasons. First, I really believed that Barack Obama being elected would change race in this country....Second of all, I believed that the president was going to be a centrist figure who would steer the Democratic Party in that kind of direction.

Well, that didn't happen. The opposite happened. The country's become more racially polarized. Race is probably more of a barrier today than it was four years ago, and the party has moved in a leftward direction that is far less inclusive ideologically than it used to be. Those things diminished my enthusiasm over time. So, like many people who get the opposite of what they vote for, they ultimately begin to be sympathetic to the other side and hear other arguments.

One thing is happening in the Republican Party that the Democratic Party can't say: African Americans who don't live in African-American communities are having a chance to serve their country at the political level. That includes Allen West in a white district in Florida; Tim Scott in a white district in South Carolina; and Mia Love, a 36-year-old black woman running for Congress in a Utah district that has virtually no black people.

These individuals are going to be examples of people of color holding office, having a chance to serve their country, without their race disqualifying them. As younger African Americans see that these people are having a chance to participate in the debate in this country, even though most people in their communities don't look like them or share their backgrounds, I think that's going to become a point of attraction for a lot of African Americans under 35.

Many younger African Americans want to be Americans who have a chance to thrive based on their ability. That's going to be the biggest selling point for the Republican Party in the next 10 years, and that's going to get the interest of a lot of younger African Americans

You mean the race oppression from the democrats is starting to wash off?

Aren't these just uncle Toms serving whitey though? They cant be trusted.

:clap2:

I got behind Barack Obama early and enthusiastically for two very simple reasons. First, I really believed that Barack Obama being elected would change race in this country....Second of all, I believed that the president was going to be a centrist figure who would steer the Democratic Party in that kind of direction.

Well, that didn't happen. The opposite happened. The country's become more racially polarized. Race is probably more of a barrier today than it was four years ago, and the party has moved in a leftward direction that is far less inclusive ideologically than it used to be. Those things diminished my enthusiasm over time. So, like many people who get the opposite of what they vote for, they ultimately begin to be sympathetic to the other side and hear other arguments.

One thing is happening in the Republican Party that the Democratic Party can't say: African Americans who don't live in African-American communities are having a chance to serve their country at the political level. That includes Allen West in a white district in Florida; Tim Scott in a white district in South Carolina; and Mia Love, a 36-year-old black woman running for Congress in a Utah district that has virtually no black people.

These individuals are going to be examples of people of color holding office, having a chance to serve their country, without their race disqualifying them. As younger African Americans see that these people are having a chance to participate in the debate in this country, even though most people in their communities don't look like them or share their backgrounds, I think that's going to become a point of attraction for a lot of African Americans under 35.

Many younger African Americans want to be Americans who have a chance to thrive based on their ability. That's going to be the biggest selling point for the Republican Party in the next 10 years, and that's going to get the interest of a lot of younger African Americans
:clap2::clap2:

Pffft. What does HE know? He's not a white liberal -- he can't speak for blacks.

Just like you can't speak for thin people.

Davis knows how to lose the black vote, so he fits right in with the repubs. Blacks will move to the republican party when white conservatives move the the democratic party. It will be a reverse of last time.

:clap2:

:clap2::clap2:

Republicans said that when Rice and Powell came along. Yet McCain still got 3% of the black vote.

Pffft. What does HE know? He's not a white liberal -- he can't speak for blacks.

Just like you can't speak for thin people.

Davis knows how to lose the black vote, so he fits right in with the repubs. Blacks will move to the republican party when white conservatives move the the democratic party. It will be a reverse of last time.

Hush, racist retard.

Good for him, hes in good company and will be well recieved possibly like LT Colo West, Alan Keys and Herman Cain to name a few.

Republicans said that when Rice and Powell came along. Yet McCain still got 3% of the black vote.

Yeah, real shocking when the First Black man with a Real chance at winning was running against him.

lol

You are so short sighted.

And Bush got 6%. I'm not short sighted, I'm a Black American who knows what the black community thinks of West and Davis. Davis lost the black vote to a white democrat, by alot. He has no credibility in the black community.

And Bush got 6%. I'm not short sighted, I'm a Black American who knows what the black community thinks of West and Davis. Davis lost the black vote to a white democrat, by alot. He has no credibility in the black community.

Afros have no credibility in the civilized community.

Yeah, real shocking when the First Black man with a Real chance at winning was running against him.

lol

Wow, So you speak for all blacks now? I am white, but I sure as hell don't pretend to know what all white people know and think. It seems when ever confronted with a Black Conservative all the same attacks are leveled on them.

I find it strange any Group would all agree and all vote the Same 96% of the time, for anything.

If white people voted for anything by such a large margin people would say something was wrong with it. lol

just sayin.

lol

Wow, So you speak for all blacks now? I am white, but I sure as hell don't pretend to know what all white people know and think. It seems when ever confronted with a Black Conservative all the same attacks are leveled on them.

I find it strange any Group would all agree and all vote the Same 96% of the time, for anything.

If white people voted for anything by such a large margin people would say something was wrong with it. lol

just sayin.

What percentage of the Mormon vote will Romney get this election. What percentage did he get in the republican primaries?

I know what 98% of blacks think of Cain, West and Keyes.

Forum List

Back