Artificial Intelligence

The word artificial makes the prospect sound impossible. Oxymoron? Is artificial sugar sugar? What is artificial about intelligence or what even is intelligence? There is an excellent fiction work on the topic by Richard Powers, 'Galatea 2.2.' I recently assisted a mentally challenged person with some electronics setup and troubleshooting, it made me think how odd thought can be. He was so limited in understanding I found it completely baffling, I wondered whether anything I said made sense. But I have had the same experience with men who could do the NYT crossword puzzle but given a circuit or computer problem got so lost and frustrated I had to jump in. So I guess I know intelligence when I see it but then it has boundaries too and limits too. Didn't Watson win? LOL Anyway here is my take, human intelligence is not duplicatable, why, because humans exist in a body, in time, in a place, and in an evolutionary creation. God as creator is OK too if you like. Watch 'Brain Games,' I think on the 'discovery channel' as food for thought too. But David may disagree I like his stuff but I forgot his point in piece below.

David Deutsch ? On Artificial Intelligence

"Philosophy is a battle against the bewitchment of our intelligence by means of language." Ludwig Wittgenstein

Last edited:
Years ago there were a lot of expert system software solutions that would help basic troubleshooting tasks. ATT had large complex manuals that were constantly being updated. When the personal computer became the primary business tool I did an expert system on many different issues. But there was always a point at which if the solution or set of tasks didn't solve your problem you had to punt. lol But technical is one thing, how about personal or interpersonal communications? Hal arguing with Hal. How about interpersonal intelligence, 'listen Machine, I explained my personal dilemma what would you do?' LOL It may be that AI is limited as emotion is biological. Can one imagine a machine writing poetry.

Last edited:
Is true 'artificial intelligence' possible? Intelligence in the sense that we understand it as a human trait? If so, what does this mean about our view of ourselves and our place in the world? It raises questions of a spiritual and theological nature as well, but I suppose that's for another thread.

No.

Is true 'artificial intelligence' possible? Intelligence in the sense that we understand it as a human trait? If so, what does this mean about our view of ourselves and our place in the world? It raises questions of a spiritual and theological nature as well, but I suppose that's for another thread.

No.

Why?

Now if kiddie hour is over, would any adults care to comment on the topic?

I need to bump this thread while I get my notes. This is one of my side projects. I have to find it in my desk. This could take awhile. Hold on! You'll be glad you did!

:eusa_angel:

Is true 'artificial intelligence' possible? Intelligence in the sense that we understand it as a human trait?
Human intelligence requires a brain. Artificial intelligence requires a computer.

That isn't what Unkotare is referring to. This is the first time I've seen you on this board for some time, Pacer. I either missed your threads or you've been gone. Not sure which. It's an interesting discussion. I've got some material to post. You'll find it interesting. Stick around. - J.

Alright. Here are my notes on the subject of Cellular alteration through experimentation. Right now there are scientists working on genetic engineering which includes half - human / half- animal beings. Tom Horn wrote a book called, "Pandemonium's Engine" which explains what is going on in great detail.

There are other books that have been written pertaining to the subject. Forbidden Gates by Tom and Nita Horn - Something Transhuman this way comes also Robot Alchemy - Tex Mars. John McTernan wrote a book called Embodied Intelligence and he is the author of As it was done to Israel, so it will be done to America.. ( I have the book - can't remember the exact title ) McTernan is a bible scholar and views this subject from a different pov than Chuck Missler who is teaches on the Nephilim and gives seminars. Missler says he is a Christian but my spirit doesn't bear witness to it at all. Nevertheless, he's been interesting to listen to on his research into Nephilim.. good to know how the other side will spin it in the future - so getting back to the genetic engineering......

There is another type of genetic engineering that went on in the beginning. In the days of Noah Nephilim did visit the daughters of men in order to engineer their own race.. who are the Nephilim? Fallen angels.. This is confirmed in Jude 6 referring to angels having left their first estate - Nephilim - this is what Jude is referring to...

They revolted and came to humans on earth to create their own kingdom and they did manage to do it which was when God destroyed the earth by water - this is often left out - in teachings about Noah..

Another book entitled, Morning of the Magicians goes into describing Hitlers aim which was transhumanism... that was his ultimate aim - to create a super race - a demi god or god man. Hitler was deeply immersed in the occult and experimentation on humans for such research.

We'll be hearing the name Apollo more and more also in the coming days too. According to scripture Apollo is the angel of the bottomless pit. There is an agenda here to "end the church age". Also you should look up the L.U.C.I.F.E.R. project.

An example given by one speaker on the subect was the genetic connection such as Hollywood has put out through movies - The omen, Rosemary's baby, a strange species alteration..

Anyhow with this type of experimentation we could be seeing beings that are half animal and half human, humans with out a soul, humans that are not "human". As Sun Tzu once said, Know thy enemy. People need to be aware of what is happening out there because it is going to effect them personally in the future. Tampering with G-ds creation is a very, very dangerous thing to do. VERY.

Even if they were created and looked identical to us in every form. They would be transhuman. Why? Because only a human being that is a trichotomy is human. Transhuman are not human by the very fact of their being created by human scientists. It makes them a man made creation. That defines them as a dichotomy. Not a trichotomy. See what is going on here?

- Jeri

Last edited:
If it is not a science that would effect mankind then what should we expect from a transhuman being that is created void of a conscience? Void of any spirituality whatsover because of how it was formed? What are such beings capable of? What else could mankind possibly expect from these beings but pure evil?

Gee, I thought we were trying to solve the population problem because there were too many humans on the earth. Yet this type of science is cutting edge - top priority? To create more beings on the earth? Isn't that the height of hypocrisy from the elitists who fund these projects?

I do not believe that a computer will ever be conscious, or self aware. Because all a computer does is add one's and zero's. But the huge number of switching logic gates makes a computer capable of complex calculations. It seems clever, but the real intelligence is in the person who designed and programmed the machine. Myself I think that is how it will always be, but that is because I believe we have souls and a computer cannot. If artificial intelligence does ever come about we will probably be better off destroying it before it decides to destroy us.

Is artificial intelligence (simulation of human brain) possible? At this juncture, this is more of a philosophical question than anything else. 'Is there any law of nature which is preventing us from simulating human brain?' is the first question we have to ask ourselves. There is nothing there that even remotely suggests that brain does not obey the law of nature. So it is absolutely possible to simulate human brain in theory. But building a machine that functions like a human brain is not a piece of cake. Learning and logical processing of information, believe me or not, are perhaps the most trivial functions of the brain. The real complexity of brain lies in its function of emotions. What kind of logic in the brain forces us to love our family? We have seen people who give ultimate sacrifice for their loved ones. But we have also seen or heard of normal people who do horrible things to their loved ones. You could simply say that one person is wired in a specific way and that cannot be changed for that person. This is true in some cases but there are cases where people feel remorse and change their course of action. How would you go about understanding the logic that is wired in the brain of that person? These are not some trivial aspects of brain to understand. Brain is a remarkable product of billions of years of direct and indirect evolution. Let me jolt you to the reality and implore you to forget about the brain for few seconds and think about microprocessor – a much more trivial topic. How much credit can we take in building a microprocessor? Not much is my answer. For the most part, we simply slice and bake the silicon and hope for the best. Of course, we have gotten better at it over the years just like we have gotten better at cultivating wheat but can we take credit for creating wheat? The answer is no. May be in a distant future, we will stumble upon an equivalent of silicon which will be our answer to building an artificial brain. That is the best we can hope towards building a human brain at the moment.

What if there are many kinds of intelligence?

We think of a human being who diligently and patiently studies Wall Street stock market charts as intelligent and perceptive.

However, we think of a shrewd and quick-thinking Wall Street stock market 'rogue trader' also as intelligent but in a very different way.

How we understand the differences between such views affects the computer programmer's perspective on how to coordinate levels and sectors of perception-based decision-making in a programmed computer 'brain.'

Such ideas I think reveal the social inspiration that art can provide, but that could be a topic for another discussion --- i.e., public demand for machine-thought themed Hollywood (USA) movies such as "Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines" (2003).

:eusa_boohoo:

Insecticon_KickBack.jpg

Let us come back to emotion which is without a doubt the most complicated aspect of a brain. This aspect perhaps is the biggest roadblock to building an artificial brain. Do we really need to wire an artificial brain with emotions? Because you could argue that emotion is not necessarily an asset but a defect in otherwise perfectly functioning artificial brain. Emotions sometimes make us do things that do not logically make sense.

Will an artificial brain without emotions have a full potential of human brain? I do not think so. Emotions fuel courage that we may otherwise sometimes lack. It is this courage fueled by emotions that sometimes keeps us going even in the most hopeless of the situations. It certainly increases our resilience which improves our survivability.

So I do not think we can write off emotions that easily.

I believe that, to have a true artificial intelligence, you must have a program or entity in a computer that can do intelligent things, or even simulate human emotion. A good question to ask a computer that you believe is smart enough to be an artificial intelligence is "Can you prove that you are self aware?". Although it may rebuke if WE can prove if we are.

Just look at FranCoWtF and Rdean

I believe that, to have a true artificial intelligence, you must have a program or entity in a computer that can do intelligent things, or even simulate human emotion. A good question to ask a computer that you believe is smart enough to be an artificial intelligence is "Can you prove that you are self aware?". Although it may rebuke if WE can prove if we are.

Well, emotion is a weakness. It hampers what we call logical thinking or rather logical processing in this case. In order for you to be truly intelligent, you have to be devoid of emotions. So you could always say that humans are not truly intelligent.

Forum List

Back