Artificial intelligence it will kill us

If computers only follow programming, then humans only follow programming too.
Yes, excellent point. Humans do just follow their programming. Free will is an illusion.
Free will and it’s existence or not does not alter the dangers we now face from having granted this technology ‘free will’ or whatever you want to call it. Putting aside the dog chasing it’s own tail of all such discussions we have to deal with the question of any member of our species or drone swarm using ‘I had no choice, I had to do it’ as a defence/ justification for committing barberous acts.

‘I had no choice, I had to do it’ as a defence/ justification for committing barberous acts.
That would not be a "defense" or 'excuse", in this context. It would only be an explanation. The offender must still be punished, as deterrence is real, negative reinforcement is real, and to protect other humans from the offender re-offending. We can still blame the offender... we just won't have so many emotional tools at our disposal. If a lion roams your neighborhood and eats children, we don't let him continue to roam just because, 'that's what lions do, after all." Being angry at the lion and taking it personally, however, would somewhat be folly.

‘I had no choice, I had to do it’ as a defence/ justification for committing barberous acts.
That would not be a "defense" or 'excuse", in this context. It would only be an explanation. The offender must still be punished, as deterrence is real, negative reinforcement is real, and to protect other humans from the offender re-offending. We can still blame the offender... we just won't have so many emotional tools at our disposal. If a lion roams your neighborhood and eats children, we don't let him continue to roam just because, 'that's what lions do, after all." Being angry at the lion and taking it personally, however, would somewhat be folly.

Maybe we can look at it this way. We. Pay a heavy price for the lack of free will.

Free will actually does exist as a possibility, but it is fully in the spiritual realm. And even there it is questionable.

According to you. According to me it is any machine which has been programmed to respond to specific conditions in a specific manner.
By your reasoning the very first computer was ai then

You are a complete moron, and that's a complement
The first computer did no learning.
Storing info is not learning. All computers do is follow the 1 and 0
Hmmm, no, Watson learned just as a baby learned. It programmed itself. It understands human natural language.
Lol are you so stupid as to believe that any computer can program itself
Why are the ignorant always so proud of their mental deficiency?

Last edited:
Machines will never gain sentience.

I hope.
Yes they will. It is our destiny to create life
The problem is we have unleashed a form of intelligence without life, without feeling and with no awareness or understanding of what pain is. It may make it easier to understand what we have done if we stop referring to it as ‘intelligence’ which has overtones of meaning associated with human thinking. It is the very inhuman aspects of artificial ‘intelligence’ that’s dangerous beyond our wildest nightmares.
That our species is represented by a number of well funded military research and development projects whose intention is to hand over the power to make life and death decisions to armed drone swarms indicates we are as a group insanely self destructive.

Think One Military Drone is Bad? Drone Swarms Are Terrifyingly Difficult to Stop - ExtremeTech
Wrong, what you are saying is real does not exist if you understood even basic programming you would see this. It may well be real someday but as of now computers only follow programming
Wrong. You obviously know nothing about machine learning.

By your reasoning the very first computer was ai then

You are a complete moron, and that's a complement
The first computer did no learning.
Storing info is not learning. All computers do is follow the 1 and 0
Hmmm, no, Watson learned just as a baby learned. It programmed itself. It understands human natural language.
Lol are you so stupid as to believe that any computer can program itself
Why are the ignorant always so proud of the mental deficiency?
Genetics, developmental retardation, lack of eduction, the list could go on . The trick is to ask yourself if those you discuss things with are open to learning or simply as rigid as those who follow for a particular football team with the associated tribal closed minedness. If so just give up.
There’s one class of mental deficiency I find more difficult to deal with than any other, those who have been brainwashed from birth by faith based belief systems. With God on their side there’s no point in interacting with them.

New Topics

Forum List

Back