Articles of Faith? No wonder he was usually absent from the Senate....

Zhukov

VIP Member
Dec 21, 2003
Everywhere, simultaneously.
Senator Kerry said:
But I can't take what is an article of faith for me and legislate it for someone who doesn't share that article of faith, whether they be agnostic, atheist, Jew, Protestant, whatever.

Re-write it...

"But I can't take what is an article of faith for me and legislate it for someone who doesn't share that article of faith, whther they be conservative, christian fundamentalist, communist, Nazi, whatever."

.....and the Senator hasn't a leg to stand on.

He won't legislate or advocate (since Presidents don't legislate) an article of faith for someone who doesn't share it? I don't agree raising taxes on people who make more than $200,000 per anum is a good thing, and I consider it an article of faith on the Senator's part that he believes that it is. Therefore he can not, by his own admission of his stated standard of behaviour, legislate or advocate raising taxes on people who make more than $200,000 per anum.

Discuss.

Zhukov said:
Re-write it...

"But I can't take what is an article of faith for me and legislate it for someone who doesn't share that article of faith, whther they be conservative, christian fundamentalist, communist, Nazi, whatever."

.....and the Senator hasn't a leg to stand on.

He won't legislate or advocate (since Presidents don't legislate) an article of faith for someone who doesn't share it? I don't agree raising taxes on people who make more than $200,000 per anum is a good thing, and I consider it an article of faith on the Senator's part that he believes that it is. Therefore he can not, by his own admission of his stated standard of behaviour, legislate or advocate raising taxes on people who make more than $200,000 per anum.

Discuss.

Mute point. You have to be in a position of power to advocate/legislate. I suspect after November his main area of expertise will be speaking on the college campus circuit.

He said it again!

Sen. Kerry, tonight
I respect their views. I completely respect their views. I am a Catholic. And I grew up learning how to respect those views. But I disagree with them, as do many.

I believe that I can't legislate or transfer to another American citizen my article of faith. What is an article of faith for me is not something that I can legislate on somebody who doesn't share that article of faith.

I do not understand that position. It doesn't make any sense. I wish the President would have slammed him on it, and given him a lecture about what 'leading' means.

How can you lead if you're not willing to stand up for what you believe in? What difference does it make what you believe in if you're not willing to stand up for it?

Forum List

Back